“Perfectly good option for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Avenue Shopping Package
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly good option for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here the night after staying in another Marriott - the Courtyard at Christiana Mall.

This hotel was also near a mall and loads of shops and restaurants, but a little 'rougher' area.

It's conveneintly located by the I95 and I liked the free wifi. However, some gripes:-

On check-in I was given a room right by the elevator, and could hear the pinging of the bell. There were also lots of kids hanging about by the elevator. Well behaved but still a little noisy. I asked to be moved and was moved up a floor with good grace and no hesitation.

There was no frdge in the room, unlike the cheaper and nicer Courtyard I had stayed in the night before, and there were no ice machines except on the ground floor, due to renovations.

All in all the place was not at all bad, but the comparison shows what can be done better at less cost!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be conviently located. I do apologize that you found the value to price paid less then satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback and we truly hope you give us another opportunity to show you the constant improvements The Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh has to offer. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Krystal L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Fairfield inns are flaky. Some of them are great, some of them are like rebranded Super 8s. I am pleased to say that this newly renovated property sets the bar for the brand. Yes, rooms are small, but they were thoughtfully designed (re-designed?) with 4 power outlets at the desk, and 3 by each bedside. The bedding is comfortable (if the mattress is a bit hard). The large LG LCD TV has plenty of channels, but the added bonus there is a nice console sitting next to it that allows you to plug in your laptop, your iPad, or even a DVD player. That's great! The bathroom is spacious and the shower has a good shower head with great water pressure. Front desk staff is friendly. Van service is offered to the Martin State airport. McDonalds and Taco Bell are in the parking lot. Other restaurants are nearby, Ikea and a mall are across the street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We take a lot of pride in its sleek and contemporary design and cap that off with a staff that is ready to go above and beyond throughout your experience. It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Krystal Lehnhoff
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed for one night. Close to I-95 - clean and well kept fairfield inn. the breakfast was nice, not so great, but nice selection. Staff very polite. Easy to reach from downtown Baltimore. Room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It’s a pleasure to know that your time here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh was truly enjoyable. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you found our property convenient to I-95 when traveling in the Baltimore area .Our staff takes a tremendous amount of pride in ensuring that they exceed our guest expectations with every stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future!

Best Regards,
Krystal L. - Guest Relations.
St Charles, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel was nice (only 4 in the area), looks and smells fairly new, there on business trip. Hotel staff was professional and helpful especially David at checkin. My room was ready upon arrival, high floor as requested. I was upgraded to King suite with microwave and small refrig, room had 2 TV's with sitting area and wifi worked well. They also have hard-wired internet. Rooms have lots of outlets which is a plus for me and a docking station for my ipod. Hotel has fitness center and a small sundry store with snacks and drinks. Hotel is close to restaurants in area and next door to McDonald's and Taco Bell. In the evening at the front desk hotel offers lemon infused ice water and fresh baked cookies. They also had fresh fruit all day on counter (loved the Granny Smith apples and oranges). Hotel also offers breakfast in the morning with some variety. Will definitely stay again if I am in the area. This is a great Fairfield Inn & Suites and I stay at a lot of hotels ... this was my 3rd this week! Just thought it was a little pricey for Fairfield Inn but its comparable to other hotels in the area and actually the better rate of any.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our property. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service offered. We take a lot of pride in providing the best service, cleanest rooms, and providing an experience rather than just a night’s stay! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Krystal L.- Guest Relations.
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stay at the Fairfield White Marsh quite often. The rooms are clean, and the house keeping services are good. The beds are clean and the linens acceptable.

The one thing that was always lacking there was the lack of a mini fridge. I can stand the smallish rooms, but the mini fridge is a must, especially for longish stays. Carrying ice around gets old, and your drinks never stay cold enough through the day.

Recently there seems to be cost cutting that is becoming obvious. On my last stay, 3 of the premium HD stations were unavailable. The breakfast choices in the morning have been cut down. No more Jimmy Dean sandwiches, or breakfast bars that were great when you are in a hurry.

Overall its still an acceptable hotel, but it seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. Your feedback will be forwarded on to the appropriate party regarding the changes we have made to our breakfast assortment. Please note at this time we are currently a pilot hotel for Marriott and are limited to just those offerings until the pilot is over. I am pleased however that we were able to reach out to you via tripadvisor to learn more about your experience. I hope that in the future we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh so you can experience our true Marriott hospitality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Love my Marriott points! Normally I stay at Courtyards, Springhill suites and Residence inns...but nice reviews on Trip Advisor... I tried Fairfield. So glad I did! I am a hotel Diva...but I travel a great deal for business and the little things are noticed! This hotel was quite impressive. Beautiful bright colors, well lit and wide hallways, comfortable room, bright and modern bathrooms, plugs easily accessible, Internet easy to get on, and I did not see any wear and tear or nick marks...ALL modern, clean, crisp and nice! I am most impressed with the check out girl...I think her name was Jessica...she went the extra mile and helped me with something. I appreciate her and that "I can do attitude!" That alone made my stay memorable. My only tiny little complaint is I need a long mirror and they don't have one. Oh we'll...I will check my look out in the reflection of the glass door. (Lol).

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our property. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service offered. Marriott takes great pride with our associates ensuring our guests enjoy their stay at our property. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. your comments are greatly appericated!

Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel was great! The staff was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the area. The room was clean and modern. Everything about this hotel is modern. The breakfast was just ok. The eggs were cold and there was a wait for items. There was a wedding party booked so that may be the reason why it was so crowded. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our property. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. your feedback will be forwarded on to the appropriate party regarding the eggs and cook time. Please note at this time we are currently a pilot hotel for Marriott and can only use a particular assortment until the pilot is over. I am pleased however that we were able to reach out to you via tripadvisor to learn more about your experience. We look forward to making changes to our new hot breakfast to ensure we are providing the best products to our guests.Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service offered. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated!

Krystal Lehnhoff- Guest Relations.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh? Share your experiences!