“Much needed rest” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Much needed rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was a solo traveler staying at this hotel during someone else's class reunion.

White Marsh is a large mall complex on I-95, a few miles north of I-695 "Baltimore Beltway"). This area of Baltimore County feels safe to me, and I am not aware of a crime problem here. You can find many major retail stores (e.g. Target, Ikea, Macy's, Food Lion) nearby. There are sidewalks between all of the shopping complexes. If you're driving in to Baltimore, White Marsh Blvd. is your shortcut to the Baltimore Beltway. Some long-distance bus operators also stop in White Marsh. Some worthwhile Baltimore destinations (Baltimore Inner Harbor, Johns Hopkins Homewood campus) are accessible by an hourlong public bus trip.

The lobby was welcoming and open. The lounge area and restaurant are visible from the entrance and check-in. Complimentary cookies, coffee, and tea in the lobby. A breakfast buffet is offered (about $11 at the time of my visit).

I was greeted quickly and efficiently. I was a bit underdressed, coming from a hands-on gardening workshop into a lobby full of class-reunion attendees. I felt cared for. Overall the feeling was warm and friendly.

I booked my room through a discount site, and got a rate 60% less than the rate quoted on Hilton web site. As usual, I was given a less attractive room near the elevator at this rate. The room was spacious, probably wheelchair accessible. Bedding comfy, the room clean, everything in working order. Just, a bit noisy due to location, and some of the room trimmings not perfectly updated as I would expect in this classy hotel; nothing to warrant the effort of a room change. For me, this was a great value and everything that I needed.

Overall, I would like to stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
eadams, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/White Marsh. We are thrilled you enjoyed the accommodations and location of our hotel. We look forward to your next trip to the Baltimore area.

Eli Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent property and fantastic staff. Sunday buffet is the best priced and value in the area. Excepts military discount without a set of travel orders, some hotels do not. JR. Suite was very spacious and king size bed was comfortable. Tub was only of average size. Note, conference center on first floor had major traffic but did not hear a thing on the third floor. Excellent establishment.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/White Marsh. We are thrilled you enjoyed the accommodations and our staff provided great customer service. I will pass this along at our next staff meeting. We look forward to your next trip to the Baltimore area.

Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I checked into the hotel at dinnertime on a cold and rainy night. The room was about 60 degrees, and I could not get the heater to provide any relief. I called the desk who sent maintenance to fix it. However, when I returned at ten o'clock I was told that it still may not be working and was handed another key if I chose to move. The room was freezing, so I did switch. The only downside was that I had to re-pack and move to a different floor.

I found the hotel had nice amenities... apples, a type of cookie, and drinks at check-in; a bar and room service if you wished to use it, and a nice hot breakfast for $ 10.95. The staff was helpful and took care of my issue. Since I was there probably on the first really cold night, I only wished they had tested the heaters BEFORE the cold weather occurred.

Room Tip: Room 532 probably has a new heater !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/White Marsh. We apologize that your room had some challenges with the heat and we certainly appreciate your cooperation. We look forward to your next stay and next time I assure you the heat will be working.

Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The White Marsh Hilton Garden Inn renews our faith in immaculate, professionally managed, warm and welcoming hotels! For a quick getaway this geographic location is ideal with proximity to a great mall nearby as well as a plethora of restaurants. Hats off for a job well done!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Garden Inn White Marsh. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel amd surrounding area. We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to the Baltimore area.

Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn White Marsh for over 5 years every October for our college alma mater's Homecoming weekend! As soon as we find out the date for Homecoming (usually around February) we immediately book our Thursday-Monday hotel stay and our rental car! The hotel location is perfect for our needs including shopping access, restaurants in walking distance and the location is very close to our college. The breakfast onsite is great and so are the workout facilities and the staff's customer service as well! We have never had a negative experience in all our years! We are looking forward to getting back next October!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Garden Inn White Marsh. We are thrilled you have found your home away from home at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again next October for Homecoming!!!

Boone, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a wonderful stay and dinner as well as breakfast was very good. Asked front desk clerk upon check in for a suite but after going through vacancy list stated their was no vacancy. Settled with reserved room and meet with grand children elsewhere. Will stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Garden Inn White Marsh. We are thrilled you enjoyed your hotel room and the food and beverage in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to the Baltimore area.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel countless times and have never had a bad experience. We will be back to Maryland on family visits and we will be back at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are large and always clean which makes for a restful night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear luv2travel1986,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad that we are your lodging choice in White Marsh! Thank your for recognizing our fine housekeeping staff for the great work that they do. It is often thankless work, but so crucial to what we do.

Looking forward to seeing you down the road.

Regards,

Jim

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!