“Comfortable, Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Free $25 Shopping Spree
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorktown, United States
“Comfortable, Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

For the area in which I stayed, the rate was very reasonable. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make my stay a pleasant one. The room was spacious and clean, the lobby was inviting and had plenty of room to allow you to do any work needed. Since I was Hilton Honors, there was free Wi-Fi, which was also very helpful to me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Sue W,

Thank you for the kind words. We are very thankful that you selected our hotel.

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business and it is nicely decorated. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. Each room has a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a "kitchenette," which is always helpful for preparing food, etc. I didn't find the bed to be that comfortable, but that may be my personal preference. The mattress was fine, but the comforter had this "plastic" feel to it and the pillows seemed overly soft (as in your head is just about on the mattress). The AC worked fine and I was able to leave the fan running constantly to help drown out the outside noise.

Because I smoke, I requested a first floor room (non-smoking hotel). I was given a room with two double beds. Your mileage may vary... There really was not a quiet, private place to smoke outside of the hotel, so I ended up going out one of the side entrances that faces the very busy four-lane road. Half of the time, I found myself huddled under the covered area to stay out of the rain with people waiting on the city bus... This is really my biggest complaint about non-smoking hotels. They fail to realize that smokers, do in fact appreciate our privacy. If you are going to make us walk outside once an hour, the least you can do is provide one or more private, dry, quiet places that are easily accessible. I know that in this "politically correct" society, they are trying to rid the world of smokers, by making us walk outside and stand in an ally way, etc. (I've stayed in hotels that make you do that), but the fact is, smoking is still legal and while we may be a minority, we still exist and should be catered to, just like anyone else.

Sorry about the rant, I'm normally quite critical of non-smoking hotels on a week following a hotel where I had a smoking room. This was one of those weeks... It is nothing against this particular hotel, but more society in general.

The workout room did have nice equipment, but was limited to two treadmills and an elliptical trainer. There were almost always other people in there, so it did get pretty crowded. The TV was mounted on the wall behind all of the equipment, which made very little sense. I was pretty disappointed in the fitness room.

I did not eat breakfast at this hotel as it costs $10.00 or more.

Overall, I would definitely not recommend this hotel to a smoker, but a non-smoker may enjoy it. It is conveniently located to lots of restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Smokers, try somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Trent M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn - Baltimore/White Marsh. I would like to share with you a few more details about our hotel that could have made your stay great. I guess the most important one to note is that we do have a few smoking rooms. I am sorry that we were not able to find a smoking room for you during this stay...but we will be certain to do what we can next time.

Our fitness center is undersized, but please note that our hotel offers complimentary passes to LA Fitness gym located adjacent to the hotel. Also, each piece of exercise equipment has a dedicated TV monitor attached to it.

We hope that you give us another try when you are in the White Marsh area again. Feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss further.

Hockessin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

For the last four (4) years my family has been staying the Hilton Garden Inn, Campbell Blvd Baltimore, MD. We’ve stayed at other Hilton Hotels and have been disappointed, but not here. Everyone has always been so kind and they are very accommodating when they hear a special needs child is traveling with us. A want is never overlooked by the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good day,

Thank you for the very nice review of our hotel. I am very pleased that our staff was able to make your stay great. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall, very nice hotel. Good location and reasonably priced. Very clean and staff was friendly. The only downsides were that on the website I booked at, which was not the official site of the hotel, it said free hot/cold breakfast-this is false, breakfast was 10.95/person for all you can eat or ala carte. I must say that the food was excellent though and worth the money. The other downside is the pool capacity. We stayed there for the pool but didn't end up using it because you had to sign up for a time slot with the number of guests who were swimming. There was always a paper sign on the door that said, "max capacity sorry". This was the only hotel that we have ever stayed in that set-up the portable crib for us before we arrived and had the baby linens fresh from a cleaners. That was nice. I think we may be making another trip to this area in may and would definitely considering staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hannah H,

Thank you so much for the great comments about our hotel. I am excited to pass this along to the staff. I would like to talk to you further about which website has this incorrect information. I would like to get that fixed. You know, booking at STAYHGI.com will always get you the lowest rate and most accurate information!!

Again, thanks for the comments!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel was everything we expected from a hotel. Friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. We needed a late check out and it was accommodated with no fuss.

When paying this much for a hotel, I would like to see a complimentary breakfast though.

Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Stacy H,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! I will be sharing this with our staff this week during our meetings. Regarding the breakfast, we see this as our opportunity to really WOW our guests. Yes, there is some cost. But you get a lot more than a box of cereal and a day old bagel. Our breakfast is a full cook to order breakfast. If you can dream it, our staff can make it happen. As an option, you can always book the Bed and Breakfast rate and breakfast comes included in the price...and saves you a few dollars!!

Hope to see you soon!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed one night to go to a concert at Rams Head Live in Inner Harbor. When we arrived, we were told that the Junior Suite we had reserved was not available. But, we could have two adjoining rooms, at the same rate we had reserved for the suite. Since I was traveling with my mid twenties daughter, this was just fine for the both of us since we would have our own private space if we wanted. Staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly. Rooms were clean and bedding was comfortable. The hotel is renovating their lobby and the updates look great so far. Didn't get a chance to visit the pool or the hotel restaurant. But, given the large amount of people in their restaurant on a Sunday morning, it must be very good! Many restaurants and shopping choices right outside the door. Wonderful option if you are visiting Inner Harbor but prefer not to stay in the city. The ride in was easy and only took about 20 minutes. Defiantly would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
GoldenDogNewJersey,

Thank you so much for the kind words. Make sure you come back and visit the hotel after the lobby renovations. I know you are just going to love what we have in store for the hotel.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We needed a hotel that offered rooms at the per diem rate and wanted to stay with Hilton based on good experiences in the past.

This hotel is no exception. The lobby is large, brightly lit and very welcoming. I was able to change from a double to a single king room for no extra charge. The staff were very friendly and eager to ask how I was doing and if I needed anything.

The rooms were great. I had a king bed with a fridge, microwave, large desk and a love seat couch that had a fold out mattress. The rooms also had an Ethernet port and wifi which is nice to have options. The bed had a lever to adjust the softness which didn't show anything but I did sleep great so it worked!

The location was also great. I-95 is down the street to take you anywhere and highway 40 takes care of the rest. There was an IKEA, P.F. Changs, TGI Fridays and a shopping center called The Avenue which had some awesome local restaurants like a KOBE Hibachi grill and a good American restaurant called Red Brick Station, AMC Theatre and most importantly, a Starbucks.

The hotel has a relatively small gym, but allows you to use the LA Fitness which is in walking distance. We used it to play racquetball.

The only negative thing I would have to say would be the air conditioning units in my room. When it came on it was very loud and if you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. Also, as of March 29, 2013 they are doing major construction to the highway (I-95 I think) next to the hotel so there was some construction noise.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the opposite side of the construction going on neat the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dan P,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you liked our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed the LA Fitness access. Also, we have a wonderful community around the hotel that I am very happy that you had the opportunity to experience.

And just so you can rest easier next time, I can report that the Air Conditioner has been repaired and is now very quiet.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Jim

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!