“Clean and nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Clean and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall, very nice hotel. Good location and reasonably priced. Very clean and staff was friendly. The only downsides were that on the website I booked at, which was not the official site of the hotel, it said free hot/cold breakfast-this is false, breakfast was 10.95/person for all you can eat or ala carte. I must say that the food was excellent though and worth the money. The other downside is the pool capacity. We stayed there for the pool but didn't end up using it because you had to sign up for a time slot with the number of guests who were swimming. There was always a paper sign on the door that said, "max capacity sorry". This was the only hotel that we have ever stayed in that set-up the portable crib for us before we arrived and had the baby linens fresh from a cleaners. That was nice. I think we may be making another trip to this area in may and would definitely considering staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hannah H,

Thank you so much for the great comments about our hotel. I am excited to pass this along to the staff. I would like to talk to you further about which website has this incorrect information. I would like to get that fixed. You know, booking at STAYHGI.com will always get you the lowest rate and most accurate information!!

Again, thanks for the comments!

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel was everything we expected from a hotel. Friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. We needed a late check out and it was accommodated with no fuss.

When paying this much for a hotel, I would like to see a complimentary breakfast though.

Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Stacy H,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! I will be sharing this with our staff this week during our meetings. Regarding the breakfast, we see this as our opportunity to really WOW our guests. Yes, there is some cost. But you get a lot more than a box of cereal and a day old bagel. Our breakfast is a full cook to order breakfast. If you can dream it, our staff can make it happen. As an option, you can always book the Bed and Breakfast rate and breakfast comes included in the price...and saves you a few dollars!!

Hope to see you soon!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed one night to go to a concert at Rams Head Live in Inner Harbor. When we arrived, we were told that the Junior Suite we had reserved was not available. But, we could have two adjoining rooms, at the same rate we had reserved for the suite. Since I was traveling with my mid twenties daughter, this was just fine for the both of us since we would have our own private space if we wanted. Staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly. Rooms were clean and bedding was comfortable. The hotel is renovating their lobby and the updates look great so far. Didn't get a chance to visit the pool or the hotel restaurant. But, given the large amount of people in their restaurant on a Sunday morning, it must be very good! Many restaurants and shopping choices right outside the door. Wonderful option if you are visiting Inner Harbor but prefer not to stay in the city. The ride in was easy and only took about 20 minutes. Defiantly would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
GoldenDogNewJersey,

Thank you so much for the kind words. Make sure you come back and visit the hotel after the lobby renovations. I know you are just going to love what we have in store for the hotel.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We needed a hotel that offered rooms at the per diem rate and wanted to stay with Hilton based on good experiences in the past.

This hotel is no exception. The lobby is large, brightly lit and very welcoming. I was able to change from a double to a single king room for no extra charge. The staff were very friendly and eager to ask how I was doing and if I needed anything.

The rooms were great. I had a king bed with a fridge, microwave, large desk and a love seat couch that had a fold out mattress. The rooms also had an Ethernet port and wifi which is nice to have options. The bed had a lever to adjust the softness which didn't show anything but I did sleep great so it worked!

The location was also great. I-95 is down the street to take you anywhere and highway 40 takes care of the rest. There was an IKEA, P.F. Changs, TGI Fridays and a shopping center called The Avenue which had some awesome local restaurants like a KOBE Hibachi grill and a good American restaurant called Red Brick Station, AMC Theatre and most importantly, a Starbucks.

The hotel has a relatively small gym, but allows you to use the LA Fitness which is in walking distance. We used it to play racquetball.

The only negative thing I would have to say would be the air conditioning units in my room. When it came on it was very loud and if you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. Also, as of March 29, 2013 they are doing major construction to the highway (I-95 I think) next to the hotel so there was some construction noise.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the opposite side of the construction going on neat the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dan P,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you liked our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed the LA Fitness access. Also, we have a wonderful community around the hotel that I am very happy that you had the opportunity to experience.

And just so you can rest easier next time, I can report that the Air Conditioner has been repaired and is now very quiet.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel was what I expect from a hotel. Friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. The restaurant served great food and there were many things near the hotel. I would consider myself a 'high maintenance' traveler and I had no issues whatsoever. My group even needed a late check-out and it was no problem for the staff. Two thumbs up. Great people.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway would be much quieter.
Bill T,

Thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Pleasant stay, great staff, new, clean...good room service.Clean room, food from room service was delicious. A bit dismayed that breakfast was not included with the room but it was offered at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Looking forward to serving you again when you are in the area.

Thanks,
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Wow! Great staff, everyone was helpful with smiles all the time. Breakfast was great, the best I have had in a long time. It was clear by all the locals coming to the hotel to eat. Room was clean and in good shape. It was a very typical HGI, but the staff treated me like a it was a full service Hilton. Location is great around the mall and right off I95. I will be back at this hotel for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Worldguy2312,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I can't wait to share this with the staff!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Marsh
Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh
Residence Inn Baltimore White Marsh
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore North / White Marsh
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!