“This is a high quality inn.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free $25 Shopping Spree
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Alexandria, Virginia
“This is a high quality inn.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This inn has a great staff, a wonderful selection of food in its restaurant, pleasing decor and hot coffee in the lobby (plus cookies and apples). The rooms are quiet and comfortable. I have stayed here about 6 times and never been disappointed. I am used to motels that shuffle you in and out. This inn makes you feel at home and I personally hate to leave!

Room Tip: I always get a room about 3 or 4 rooms away from the elevator and ice dispenser
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
James V,

Thank you very much for the nice comment! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Jim Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and it was great! No problems with check-in or out. Staff was very courteous and always friendly. Rooms were clean and serviced each day. My only complaint was I stayed in a non-smoking room and I smelled smoke coming through the air vents next dor. I reported this to front desk upon check out and the young lady took care of it right away.I did not get to use the pool or exercise room but wi-fi was avasilable and free.

Room Tip: Get in early to avoid the full parking lot in the evening.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
SmoothAmaretto,

Thank you for the very nice review! I appreciate your kind words. I will look further into the situation regarding the smoke coming in through the vent. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. We hope to see you in Baltimore again.

Jim Miller
Milford, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Chose this hotel because it has a pool - BUT the deafening noise in the pool area made it intolerable. The location is VERY convenient. The rooms are clean comfortable as are the adjustable (firmness) beds. The $10.95 breakfast is worth it - made to order and very good. Had no Internet for most of the weekend so we were given a $50.00 discount. All in all not worth the extra money per night to stay here. Next time I'll save a lot and stay somewhere close by. One smart move - they have a behavior/conduct policy to prevent rowdy guests to make things miserable for others.

• Stayed January 2013
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear ChrisWilis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for the noise level in the pool area and the interruptions in internet service during your stay. I was on duty this weekend and worked with AT&T to restore service, so I can certainly understand your disappointment with this inconvenience.

I really do appreciate your nice comments regarding our fantastic breakfast and comfy beds. I know that you said that you will look for other options in the future, but can I suggest that you give us another try? Our staff is eager to earn your loyalty.

Jim Miller - General Manager
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A modest hotel in a modest location, we hosted an 80th birthday party in their main ballroom for 100 people and could not have been happier with their support for our family event. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two nights and were completely impressed with our room; our only advice for improvement would be to add high-def cable service for the HD TVs in their rooms...I mean, what's the point in installing HD TVs if you're not going to use HD cable to feed them? The room was clean, climate controls worked like a charm, free Internet was fast and reliable, and we had fresh linens both nights. Our room rate of $130 a night included the breakfast buffet for two people, and that's where this Hilton really shines...wow, what a crazy great breakfast they do here! Their main chef, Cindy, talks and cooks like a true Baltimoron (my wife and I are also Baltimorons)...lots of personality and a true flair in the kitchen. Her omelets are outstanding, and you won't find better cook-to-order waffles anywhere else. The Hilton really puts on a good breakfast here...we'd go back just to eat breakfast here, even if we were not hotel guests. The event staff did an incredible job of setting up the ballroom for our party and they were accommodating to our every request...rearranging tables and chairs, adding tables and chairs, keeping the buffet line available for late-arriving guests, and always with a smile and a can-do attitude. The real gems at this Hilton are the staff and management. I would recommend it to anyone needing lodging in the greater Baltimore area that offers reasonable room rates, amazing service, and convenient walking-distance access to all the shops and restaurants at The Avenue and White Marsh Mall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear JohnB6597,

Thank you for all the great comments about the HGI - Baltimore/White Marsh. I am happy that our staff were able help you with your first class event. Cindy, our cook that you noted, is fantastic, isn't she? On top of adding being a "Baltimoron", she is also a HGI Spirit of the Garden award winner!

I certainly understand your comments regarding HD channels. It is unusual...and soon to be corrected as we have selected a provider and will be upgrading in the near future. Hope to see you at breakfast in the future and thank you for the referrals.

Jim Miller - General Manager
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just had a 3 day meeting here, and the facilities were excellent, and the people at the hotel were very easy to work with. Stacy and Travis were especially helpful!! Mandy in the Sales department attended to all of our administrative needs, and the Maryland Fried Chicken was awesome!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This Hilton Garden is quite convenient to I-95 and has many restaurants and shopping opportunities in the vicinity. This was our second stay here and we found both occasions to be quite satisfactory. The staff is pleasant and the rooms are quite comfortable. We thought that the breakfast options and quality were a cut above the normal Hilton Garden fare. Our only cause of discomfort was the over friendliness of one of the cooks at breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

As traffic was heavy on I-95, and it was late, I realized that I needed to find a place nearby. Contacted Hilton as I am a Diamond member and they directed me to the Hilton Garden Inn which is located near the White Marsh Mall. Could not have stayed at a better location. The room was spotless and the staff was very friendly. The people working breakfast were great. I highly recommend this hotel. A variety of restaurants are located in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!