“Excellent Hotel With Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free $25 Shopping Spree
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Hawaii
“Excellent Hotel With Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A modest hotel in a modest location, we hosted an 80th birthday party in their main ballroom for 100 people and could not have been happier with their support for our family event. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two nights and were completely impressed with our room; our only advice for improvement would be to add high-def cable service for the HD TVs in their rooms...I mean, what's the point in installing HD TVs if you're not going to use HD cable to feed them? The room was clean, climate controls worked like a charm, free Internet was fast and reliable, and we had fresh linens both nights. Our room rate of $130 a night included the breakfast buffet for two people, and that's where this Hilton really shines...wow, what a crazy great breakfast they do here! Their main chef, Cindy, talks and cooks like a true Baltimoron (my wife and I are also Baltimorons)...lots of personality and a true flair in the kitchen. Her omelets are outstanding, and you won't find better cook-to-order waffles anywhere else. The Hilton really puts on a good breakfast here...we'd go back just to eat breakfast here, even if we were not hotel guests. The event staff did an incredible job of setting up the ballroom for our party and they were accommodating to our every request...rearranging tables and chairs, adding tables and chairs, keeping the buffet line available for late-arriving guests, and always with a smile and a can-do attitude. The real gems at this Hilton are the staff and management. I would recommend it to anyone needing lodging in the greater Baltimore area that offers reasonable room rates, amazing service, and convenient walking-distance access to all the shops and restaurants at The Avenue and White Marsh Mall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear JohnB6597,

Thank you for all the great comments about the HGI - Baltimore/White Marsh. I am happy that our staff were able help you with your first class event. Cindy, our cook that you noted, is fantastic, isn't she? On top of adding being a "Baltimoron", she is also a HGI Spirit of the Garden award winner!

I certainly understand your comments regarding HD channels. It is unusual...and soon to be corrected as we have selected a provider and will be upgrading in the near future. Hope to see you at breakfast in the future and thank you for the referrals.

Jim Miller - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just had a 3 day meeting here, and the facilities were excellent, and the people at the hotel were very easy to work with. Stacy and Travis were especially helpful!! Mandy in the Sales department attended to all of our administrative needs, and the Maryland Fried Chicken was awesome!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This Hilton Garden is quite convenient to I-95 and has many restaurants and shopping opportunities in the vicinity. This was our second stay here and we found both occasions to be quite satisfactory. The staff is pleasant and the rooms are quite comfortable. We thought that the breakfast options and quality were a cut above the normal Hilton Garden fare. Our only cause of discomfort was the over friendliness of one of the cooks at breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

As traffic was heavy on I-95, and it was late, I realized that I needed to find a place nearby. Contacted Hilton as I am a Diamond member and they directed me to the Hilton Garden Inn which is located near the White Marsh Mall. Could not have stayed at a better location. The room was spotless and the staff was very friendly. The people working breakfast were great. I highly recommend this hotel. A variety of restaurants are located in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Williamsport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The building is dated.

The air condition in the room sounds like a freight train coming thru.

You can here the interstate very clearly when the freight train isn't on.

Can easily here guest in adjacent room.

Bed is comfortable and staff is very professional. I would stay again just on the other side of the building.

• Stayed October 2012
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Its a very nice hotel, the staff are very warm and friendly. The people on the desk are really nice specially the ones in the morning. The wait staff at the buffet are extremely helpful, warm and deliver good food.
My room was nice, the only thing though is that I did not request for a wheelchair accessible room but that is what I got, so most things are low. My room's mattress (223) was uneven, it seemed it needed to be turned over or replaced. As always in hotels, the pillows are the worst, very uncomfortable and just flattens out. I had out out my do not disturb sign on the first day but not the second day cause I wanted my room tidied up and my towels replaced but the housekeeper just passed by my room, until I spoke with their manager (cause the housekeeper doesn't speak english) then did my room got visited. I also didn't like that then hotel did not have a service elevator, the staff with their deliveries and dirty bags use the same elevators as the guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
skyehospitality, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a stay experience exceeding their expectations and I wanted to personally apologize for the issues you experienced. I will be meeting with both our Housekeeping and Engineering teams to address your concerns and identify any potential issues with the mattress as described. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share some feedback as it can only help us improve. If there is any additional assistance I may provide to you, my contact information is listed below. Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our area in the near future.

Jim Miller
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore White Marsh
410-427-0600
jim.miller@hilton.com
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were treated with kindness and generosity during our
stays here in September. The Jr. Suites are huge… more like a true 1 bedroom suite but without a bedroom door. The common areas are newly redone as well as the room furnishings so little to dislike. Mattress is adjustable,WiFi fast, AC controllable, spotless maid service, and the most friendly staff you will ever meet.
Free self laundry as well as soap/ fabric softener, free shoe shine, above average breakfast with eager chefs willing to personalize your breakfast order. How can an entire waitstaff be so cheerful at 6am ?
We slept well and relaxed at night after our long daily visits to the rehab hospital. Numerous dining/shopping choices within walking distance of the hotel.
We had a few blips with the toilet and shower nozzle but quickly fixed and yes, the fridge was a little noisy. IMO… $150/n charge is excessive for a regular room but well priced if you can snag a Jr. Suite. Unfortunately, this is almost impossible to accomplish M-Thur because the repeat businessmen have prebooked these rooms for weeks in advance.
In closing, a special thank you to Antionette and Cindy for making my difficult family crisis easier to deal with. I will always remember your special consideration to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!