You added BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Montague, New Jersey
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I have been staying at the hotel for business 3-4 nights a week for the last 3 years (give or take a week for vacation, not traveling in miserable weather) and have found the staff excellent in all regards. Never too busy whether to just speak in general, have the room ready on time, accept last minute schedule changes, On item that comes to mind is I dropped some cash on the floor of the room, when I returned that night it was on the desk, I assume it could have disappeared, but did not.

Their semi weekly managers receptions are an outstanding tool to get guests to see and meet each other and see there are other business types that are there.

I have been doing this type of traveling for five of the last six years and I do find the staff and accommodations 'user' friendly and outstanding.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Monkton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I sayed at this location on Wednedsay evening due to the snow. The rooms are very clean and I loved the free breakfast. I was given a room on the second floor and when I found out this hotel has no elevator I asked front desk to give me first floor but I was told they were sold out !! I was offered no help with my luggage and front desk help rolled her eyes at me. If it wasn't snowing so heavy I would of left. At check out I did mention my lack of hospitality offered to me at check in, but the young girl had no reply for my comment. Please give Hospitality Jobs to applicants who need them!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Me and my wife stayed several weeks at this Hotel and I have to say that Martha at the Front desk is very friendly and professional. Too bad the old red haired women behind the front desk was rude, and mean to us. We had stayed at this location for a new business that I was in charge of opening. Martha made sure that my wife joined the rewards program to take advantage of our long term stay, We were not sure of how long my businees was going to be in Westminster and each time we extended our stay with Caroline she would be so mean to me and my wife. We only recommend this hotel stay with staff such as Martha, Joan, and Melissa. Be aware if you have to extend your stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

My confirmation stated " King room with 32" HDTV, computer, DVD player ......." I was given King room with 19" TV, no computer or DVD player. Desk staff rude and aggravated when I asked for room that was listed on my reservation confirmation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

This is sort of a typical Best Western in my mind... older decor, one and two story buildings alongside a major road in town... but OK for the room rate we were charged ($77). The front desk and housekeeping staff all seemed friendly and competent. Our sleeping room was spacious (we had a king size bed), and had a small flat screen TV, free WiFi, a microwave oven and small refridgerator, and a sink in the sleeping area. The walls are quite thin, however, and we could easily hear the folks in the next room... until 2:30 a.m.

There's no restaurant at the hotel, but they offer free buffet breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately the room was small, cramped, and crowded, to the point where we opted to bring in milk and muffins from a nearby Safeway. Coffee is available in the room and lobby.

Try Liberatore's Italian restaurant in Westminster if you have a chance. We had a party of six, and all of us seemed to enjoy the food... and there was plenty of it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Just spent 3 nights in this hotel and was very disappointed in the bed. This thing was hard and not meant for comfort. The desk clerk said the complaint had been recieved before. Maybe a harder bed means a longer change out schedule? Saving money. The rest of the room was clean and comfortable. My only other issues was:
WiFi would not work with my DroidX
TV was very small. Maybe Im spoiled to HD flat panels
Would have been nice to have a hot breakfast choice.

The main thing I look for in a room is comfort when sleeping in a strange bed far from home. Im not recommending this one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My husband and I stopped in this hotel for the night on our way to New Jersey. We stayed in a King mini suite which had a complimentary Dell computer and flat screen tv which was nice. The bed was not comfortable to me at all and I did not get a good nights sleep. My husband was not too impressed with the comfort of the bed either. The breakfast in the morning was okay basically fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, juice, milk, and a waffle maker. Overall the hotel was nice, but since the bed was not comfortable which is important, I would personally pass on staying at this particular hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center? Share your experiences!