“WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   451 WMC Drive, Westminster, MD 21158   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Westminster
East Meadow, NY
“WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have rarely stayed at Best Westerns because they are reviewed often as being run of the mill, older properties and often at Hampton Inn prices This place should be their standard bearer and crown jewel. Its a sprawling motel in an attractive setting with relatively large and comfortable rooms. The price for a king bed at 80/night is quite reasonable with the bonus of having a 37in HDTV which serves also as a monitor for a computer included within the room!! Awesome!!.

I needed and requested 2 rooms near the breakfast area due to ambulation issues and it was provided with no problems. The staff is professional and congenial, especially the gal running the breakfast area who worked her tail off to keep things stocked always with congeniality and pleasantness. The breakfast was standard continental and more than adequate.

When I researched the hotel here I was particularly impressed that management took the time and effort to personally respond to those with complaints, suggestions etc. Kudos for that!! More should do it as it reflects a genuine interest in customer satisfaction. For those who read earlier reviews regarding the immortal Sherry at the front desk, asking staff about her produced smirks, head shaking and inglorious comments as they indicated thankfully that she is no longer there.

As said this property should be the standard bearer for the Best Western brand to follow. Wonderfully run and great stay Only minor suggestions would be to replace the " natural" unscented soap that is supplied- yuck!.:), and, the organization of the furniture by the computer. The monitor is located on the wall over the chest of drawers. To work on the surface with the keyboard, a chair had to be pulled over with no place for our legs and blocking passage in front of the bed. Switching the desk with the chest of drawers to be under the monitor would allow for a chair to place underneath, leg room and overall comfort as a work space.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We thank you for staying with us here at The Best Western Westminster and posting your positive & helpful comments in regards to your stay.

From your review; it sounds like we did our job and even exceeded your expectations; so thanks for taking the time to let our past, present & future guests know.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the computer and furniture it certainly helps me think of better ways to make sure our amenities can be used to the best of there abilities.

Again, I appreciate your time and feedback and we hope to see you again!

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are dated and need a face lift, the bathroom counter is low, the wall paper is dated. Our drain in the bathroom clogged and was slow draining. The property was suitable for our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback!

I greatly appreciate your remarks and concerns. It is very important for us to deliver a great experience to all our guests.

I wanted to inform you that we will be starting renovations in late fall of 2013 in our guest rooms. I can promise you your concerns will be no longer once renovations are complete.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you sometime in the future!

San Diego, California, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good hotel, nice people, seriously needs an update. Hotel needs to be brought up to modern standards to retain customers and bring in new business. Bathroom counters are way too low, beds are uncomfortable, decor is very dated. Everyone that works there is extremely kind and hard-working. That and the proximity to the work site is the only thing that keeps me coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for choosing the Best Western Westminster while you are in town for business. I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay.

I am excited to tell you we are renovating in the winter of 2014! I hope you will keep coming back and look forward to a new look with us!

Again, thanks for sharing your feedback and I will pass on your wonderful comments regarding our employees. We have a great TEAM here at the Best Western Westminster and it shows!

Livonia, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have stayed at this property twice in the past, the last time being about 9 years ago. And we will stay there again as the location is best for our needs when visiting relatives in the area. It is showing its age, however. The first thing I noticed was that someone tried to repaint the white aluminum exterior doors white with a paint brush, and did not do very well! Stayed two nights early in May 2013. First room assigned we rejected outright as one of the beds was broken, with its head downward in a Trendelenburg position. Immediately moved to another room which was okay, but the toilet handle broke the next morning and as it was Sunday, apparently no one was available to fix it...despite having clear access to the room all day while we were away. So unable to flush the toilet, we moved to yet another room at 11:30 PM upon our return after a long day of touring. All of the rooms had the lowest vanities in the bathrooms I have seen anywhere, ever: Barely 26 inches high! Okay if you are short, but quite a bend for taller folks. Overall cleanliness was good and staff was very helpful/friendly. Minimal selection continental breakfast is included with hard-boiled eggs as the only protein offered. Problems aside, the price was right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Westminster. It is very important for all of my staff to deliver a great experience to all our guests. I see we fell short and I want you to know I will be using your feedback to discuss and put fourth new policies and procedures so these issues do not happen again.

I really appreciate you giving us another chance and we will certainly look forward to making your stay problem free. 100% guest satisfaction is what we strive for and will certainly do so.

In closing, I want you to know I will absolutely take care of these issues thank you again for bringing them to my attention.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Although this hotel could use a little exterior spiffing up and attention to the landscaping, we found it very clean and comfortable and quiet, the latter despite being at a busy intersection. The staff (desk, maintenance and housekeeping) were all friendly, well-dressed and attentive. Our bed was just right, and we thought the towels were superb. Good television selection. Room a little small but it included two easy chairs, micro-fridge and full mirror. Lots of bathroom space and a good shower. Breakfast covered all the bases except for any hot foods (waffles, of course) and it was just fine. Nice selection of tea and a flavored coffee creamer at the 24-hour lobby table. Pool was not open but looked inviting. Grocery store and some shopping/dining across the street. We will be re-booking when we return to the area later this month.

Room Tip: Hotel has two parallel corridors, one of which is closer to the highway. We were not in this secctio...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Mary Jane,

We appreciate your stay with us at the Best Western Westminster and posting your positive comments about your recent visit on TripAdvisor.

From your review it certainly sounds like we delivered a great experience! Thank you for commenting on all of our amenities; we could not have said it better ourselves.

We look forward to your future stay with us!

Best Regards,

Best Western Westminster
"Fresh Coffee & Warm Hospitality served daily"
Rockville, Maryland, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you need to visit McDaniel College or the surrounding area, this is the best hotel around. Accommodating staff, clean rooms, quiet - at least during weeknights. Close to restaurants and shopping. Perfect for the business traveler.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Good Afternoon Amy,

Thank you for your review!

We certainly pride ourselves on being the Best and delivering a great experience to all our valued guests. From your review; we certainly met and exceeded your expectations and we are simply delighted.

In closing, my staff and I want to thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience to our TripAdvisor viewers.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The lodging options in Westminster are so limited and the BW reviews worried me. Having had such a pleasant stay, I would definitely stay again. Yes, it is on the dated side and the decor is not the sleek clashing colors of newer hotels. Hotel has a country feel - appropriate for Westminster.

Stayed in 216 - very clean, spacious enough to serve our needs without wasting space or feeling cramped. Bed clean and comfortable. While dated, the room was well cared for and not neglected. (Yes, there were minor cigarette burns on the bathroom vanity top, but the room was so clean otherwise, this did not bother me). My only complaints are the bathroom vanity, which was extremely low (I'm 5'2" and still found it awkward) and the low hum of road noise (so, if on 2nd floor, ask for an odd numbered room away from the road). Ice machines are only on the first floor at the end of the halls, and not really buffered from the guest rooms (so, I expect those rooms would get a lot of noise).

The included continental breakfast was varied and plentiful. The woman in charge of breakfast is a dear - so dedicated to the comfort and enjoyment of the guests! All the staff we encountered (from front desk to housekeeping and maintenance people) were extremely friendly. We were greeted by EVERY SINGLE employee. On cleanliness, I saw one housekeeping staff person on his hands and knees cleaning another guest's room I passed by. A lot of pride goes into this somewhat older but comfortable and clean property - and it shows. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback!

It is super important to me as well as my entire staff to deliver a great experience to all of our guests. It looks like you had a great stay and my staff made you feel right at home.

Thank you for letting me know your likes and dislikes in regards to our bathrooms. I wanted to share with you the good news; we are redoing our Bathrooms late fall of 2013. It will be a complete new look so please come check it out!

In closing, I want to thank you again for sharing your experience with me and our future guests.

Best Western Westminster

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center? Share your experiences!