“Would definitely stay again, extremely friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   451 WMC Drive, Westminster, MD 21158   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Westminster
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Would definitely stay again, extremely friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The lodging options in Westminster are so limited and the BW reviews worried me. Having had such a pleasant stay, I would definitely stay again. Yes, it is on the dated side and the decor is not the sleek clashing colors of newer hotels. Hotel has a country feel - appropriate for Westminster.

Stayed in 216 - very clean, spacious enough to serve our needs without wasting space or feeling cramped. Bed clean and comfortable. While dated, the room was well cared for and not neglected. (Yes, there were minor cigarette burns on the bathroom vanity top, but the room was so clean otherwise, this did not bother me). My only complaints are the bathroom vanity, which was extremely low (I'm 5'2" and still found it awkward) and the low hum of road noise (so, if on 2nd floor, ask for an odd numbered room away from the road). Ice machines are only on the first floor at the end of the halls, and not really buffered from the guest rooms (so, I expect those rooms would get a lot of noise).

The included continental breakfast was varied and plentiful. The woman in charge of breakfast is a dear - so dedicated to the comfort and enjoyment of the guests! All the staff we encountered (from front desk to housekeeping and maintenance people) were extremely friendly. We were greeted by EVERY SINGLE employee. On cleanliness, I saw one housekeeping staff person on his hands and knees cleaning another guest's room I passed by. A lot of pride goes into this somewhat older but comfortable and clean property - and it shows. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback!

It is super important to me as well as my entire staff to deliver a great experience to all of our guests. It looks like you had a great stay and my staff made you feel right at home.

Thank you for letting me know your likes and dislikes in regards to our bathrooms. I wanted to share with you the good news; we are redoing our Bathrooms late fall of 2013. It will be a complete new look so please come check it out!

In closing, I want to thank you again for sharing your experience with me and our future guests.

Best regards,

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Covington, Louisiana, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. It was very clean, quiet and safe. Staff was friendly. Amenities were standard but very comfortable. Restaurants were close, grocery store across the street. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I travel alone once a month to see my family in Westminster MD. It's always nice to be welcomed back to the Hotel by Martha in guest services. She makes me feel special. Martha always goes out of her way to help me.She always has my room ready early so I can arrive before the check in time.

I am also glad to see new Manager Mark in the evenings working so hard to keep all the guest happy. Mark has also made me feel safe as a female traveling alone. It's so nice to have theses two mature,friendly members at my service..Thank you Best Western..Manager Mark is also a great employee..Thank you to the maids that also have a clean room each time. I will not stay any where but here while I am here in Westminster.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are not a lot of hotel choices in Westminster, but after a drive-by of all our choices I’m glad we stayed here. The place is seriously dated, but I found the room clean and the staff friendly. The free breakfast was weak – we decided to go out. Not a great value here - a lot of money for what it is.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A dump, no elevator, no extra hangars, meager breakfast, no business center, no workout room. Barely above a Motel-6. In fact, that might be an insult to Motel-6. A sad, poorly kept establishment.
Shower walls are filthy, caked with grime, even saw a distinct hand-imprint imbedded on the wall.
I needed extra hangars for my week long stay - but girl states they have no extra hangars.
Bathroom vanity counter is so low, you'll hurt your back leaning down to use the sink. I think it's a handicap accessible room. Why didn't they inform me of this?
Breakfast sucks. Nothing hardy to eat, just yogurt, banana, sausage gravy, and oatmeal packs. Oh yeah - boiled hard eggs too, cooked weeks ago.
Signs of dirt, usage, and wear - everywhere within this hotel. A real stinker! Blah!!

Room Tip: Find a cardboard box, and sleep street-side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
InnsOfDistinction, Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear JimB_Traveler,

Thanks for staying with us at the Best Western Westminster Hotel, we appreciate your business.

It seems from your review, we did not meet your expectations and for this we apologize. Honestly, we don't agree on most of the items you posted, but we realize every traveler has a voice on TripAdvisor and we certainly heard yours.

So fellow TripAdvisor readers, let me set the record straight, OK..

The Best Western Westminster is not a dump, nor is it poorly kept, nor is our complimentary breakfast "meager" and we do in fact offer a complimentary business center. These are facts and the review in question is just wrong.

True, we do not have a fitness center and we do not have an elevator; but we do not represent having these items either.

At the Best Western Westminster Hotel we offer clean, comfortable rooms, well priced and with gracious and honest hospitality. We work hard everyday, we value our guests and respect valid comments.

So, while we would love to make all of our guests happy, we know this is sometimes not always the case. And after reading some of the other reviews posted by this reviewer; it seems that we are one of many to be a subject of his graphically ill tempered reviews.

Anyway, thanks again for your business and your comments; we consider all TripAdvisor reviews valuable; just some more than others.

DRH
Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Courteous Guest Services staff, Nice, clean, quiet, spacious rooms in good repair. Heat and air work like P-Tacs with on unit controls.

If you have a special need or handicap let the Hotel know ahead of arrival as there are no elevators and it is a Sprawling motel. Also, the breakfast room is at the extreme East end.

Room Tip: Average rating because This place is so darn hard to find at night. You can see the motel but the si...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Good Afternoon Acreny,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. It is very important to deliver a great experience to our guests and I hope you will accept our apology.

We are located on the Rolling Hills of Carroll County so, I can definitely envision your frustration driving for such a long time in the rain, fog and dark. We are located on a hill so once you approach the hill we are visible but I understand you cannot see us from a distance because of the hill.

I apologize we do not have an elevator. We are only a two-story building so unfortunately when the hotel was constructed the need was not there. Believe me I hope one day our dream will come true to have an elevator for our guests and my employees want be in heaven :-). Please know we have Handicap rooms on the first floor and we will always accommodate our guest’s needs.

I will use your feedback to better equip my staff so we can make sure we deliver 100% satisfaction to our guests.

In closing, I want to thank you again for your review it only opens my eyes to areas we can improve.

Respectfully,

West Newton, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

after checking in we were told to park around the back as it would be closer to our room. the door there wasn't locked or secured in anyway,allowing anyone to enter whether or not they were guests. this made me a bit uneasy. in all other ways the stay was very nice,
also,my name is denise lyle, not lyle denise! they had my reservation under lyle denise, so it took awhile to figure it out and correct the problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at The Best Western Westminster. It is very important to me as well as my entire staff to deliver a great & safe experience to all our guests.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the exit/entrance door on the side of the Hotel. We do keep these doors locked and secured. I know sometimes some of our valued guests that smoke leave the door propped open. I now know I need to place better polices and procedures in place to make sure our doors are locked at all times.

Please know your safety as well as every other guest and our employees is my number one concern.

Many thanks,

Best Western Westminster

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center? Share your experiences!