“Great time and stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Baltimore
“Great time and stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed there after a wedding held in the conference center. The wedding was wonderful and it was very nice being able to walk over to the hotel and stay the night. Staff were were friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was a great touch--even had a make your own fresh waffle option :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
gmwestminster, Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Good Afternoon Baltimore!

We appreciate your stay with us at the Best Western Westminster and posting your positive comments about your recent visit on TripAdvisor.

From your review; it sounds like we did our job and even exceeded your expectations; so thanks again for telling our TripAdvisor readers.

Breakfast is the most "Important" meal of the day and we are so glad you were able to enjoy our Fresh Belgium Waffles.

We hope there will be many more Weddings you will attend at the Best Western Westminster.

We look forward to your future stay!

Best regards,
Cammy Hipp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The customer service at this hotel is fantastic! From the moment you enter, you are continuously greeted by the friendly faces of the employees. The pillows aren't the most comfortable, but if that is the only complaint I can even think of then this hotel is pretty outstanding. I plan on visiting again and telling all of my friends. Thanks so much for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are the best, especially on the breakfast bar side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The rooms are clean and nice! The attitude and lack of willingness from staff help at the front desk sucks! Sherry was rude and actually questioned me on how I handled the noise I reported to the front desk over a fire alarm that woke me up. Manager Mark actually just stood there while Sherry was rude and treated me as how dare I complain about noise. I felt like I was on trail for not being happy as a new corporate account to the Westminster area. How dare I be upset, and Sherry asked me what I did about it after I was woken from a deep sleep.

Please pick up your epectations on how you allow Sherry to treat customers. Sherry will only attrack the worst of customers with her lack of customer service skiils. I am thankful that the women in the morning that decided to understand me and invite me back. I will only return after management teaches Sherry how to stop acting like a circus freak show.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I deeply apologize for the lack of service you received from Sherry during your stay at The Best Western Westminster. It is very important that we deliver exceptional service to all of our guests and we certainly did not accomplish that during your stay.

We value you as our guest therefore your feedback is extremely important to us. Please know that the service you received is not acceptable and we certainly do not want you or any of our guests to feel this is an acceptable way of treating our valued customers.

We have all been interrupted in the middle of the night and we know how that feels so I completely understand your frustration. I cannot understand why people pull fire alarms as a prank and I probably will never understand.

In closing, I want you to know I will absolutely take care of the lack of service you experience. Please rest assure you can come back anytime to stay with us and you will notice a change.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I travel a great deal and stay im many hotels. The price tag here far exceds the value. Since my lodging had been arranged by my host I was reluctant when I questioned why our room with 2 doubles could not be exchanged for a king or at least 2 queens based on the rate that I had seen on my confirmation. With a face like stone I was told that it was a busy week in town and that higher occupancy meant higher rates. There was never a smile or offer of any sort of understanding from either clerk. The shower drain was clogged. This was repaired but it was a problem that really should have easily been noticed during cleaning. Breakfast was standard hotel continental fare. Coffee was available in the lobby provided you do not want it hot. For the rate I would have expected a bit more. It is definitely too little for too much.

• Stayed November 2012
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. It is very important to deliver a great experience to our guests and I hope you will accept my heart-felt apology that we did not succeed during your stay with us.

Westminster Maryland has grown in leaps & bounds over the past 5 years. We are now centrally located to many government buildings, corporate companies & leisure organizations. With this said we tend to run a lot higher occupancy throughout the year our rates to fluctuate depending on our availability. We do have a Negotiated corporate rate program if you stay with us 50 rooms night in a fiscal year we can offer you a negotiated corporate rate. Please contact me directly if you would like more information in regards to this opportunity.

With your feedback in regards to our Maintenance & Front Desk Departments, I will use this feedback to help better equip my staff so we can put fourth new policies and procedures to ensure we deliver 100 % satisfaction to our guests.

In closing, I want to thank you again for bringing this to my attention and please rest assure I will take care of it.

Montague, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay here between 140 and 160 days per year and find the staff (front desk, managers and the team that mans the continental breakfast area) extremely friendly and cordial. If I ever have a complaint (which is about once in the last 4 years) it is acted upon. The staff is always willing to talk (it is lonely stuck in a hotel so many days a year). I have the same room week in and week out (except once as mentioned above) I find it cozy and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed in room 132 after a long trip to Gettysburg. The gail that checkd me in was great, and told me to call the desk if I neded any help due to my lack of walking due to my disabiity. About 9 pm, I noticed lot's of ants in my room so I called the desk only to find out that the nice gail left, and the meanest hotel staff women Sherry refused to help me!! She said I would have to move to a second floor room, and there's no elevator, or just sit tight while someone sprays the rooom for ants. Sherry didn't take the time to see that I can't climb stairs, I walk with a cane, and her tone was RUDE!! How could you expect a senior to stay in a room with bug spray. I cheked out and Sherry offered no help,discount, or even made eye contact with this old senior. I will never go here again. Sherry needs ADA training, or a new job she can be nice at.

Room Tip: Stay away from Sherry customer service skills
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Good Afternoon Mr. Edward,

It is very important to me that my staff & I take care of all our guests needs.

I appreciate your feedback! You are absolutely right we should have been more aware of your needs & I deeply apologize. It is unacceptable to me that we did not meet your needs and offer you better accommodations. I will be using your feedback to better help my front desk to deliver better service & experience for our guests.

I also apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the ants. We have had alot of rain here in Westminster and the surrounding cities that does tend to bring those pesky little ants out. I certainly apologize that you had to experience ants in your room.

I hope one day when you are visiting Gettysburg, PA again, you will consider staying with us; I will personally make sure your experience is wonderful.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We staid at the best western on our wedding night, October 5, 2012. When we first checked in my cousin was yelled at because someone neglected to book her a room there but they took the money out of her account anyways. Then she was completely ignored while the clerk Sherry came to us. The first thing she said in an extremely rude tone," you didn't even book under your reserve". And continued to argue with my husband and I about it. When I kept telling her I didn't not care I just wanted our room so I could get out of my dress. Then my cousin pulled her card out and said listen I just want a room and I am willing to pay again. Sherry said," you are yelling I am refusing you a room and I am going o call the police. We told her to please call the police considering that none of us were doing anything wrong. Once we said that sherry then said well let me just get you that room. Knowing she was wrong. After we got in our rooms and got changed we went out to the grocery store across the street. When we came back about 30 minutes later and about to fall asleep in our rooms. We each get a knock on the door saying she has gotten many complaints about us making a racket the whole time we have been there. Which is a little hard considering we weren't even there until just then. Sherry said once again she was " calling the police". Which never happened I guess since we weren't making any noise. The next morning a several of our friends and family were on the same floor as us. I asked them if they heard noise or anything. They said no it was a quiet night no problems. This sherry women have awful customer service. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
First & Foremost let me start with Congratulations!

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Westminster. It is very important for all of my staff to deliver a great experience to all our guests. I see we fell short and I want you to know I will be using your feedback to discuss and put fourth new policies and procedures so these issues do not happen again.

Just to touch base on some of your specifics problems/concerns: I apologize your room was involved in several complaints we received that evening. It is very hard sometimes when we have noise complaints from other guests to know exactly where the noise is coming from. This is where your feedback becomes very important to me it will help me provide a better means to find exactly where the noise is coming from.

In closing, I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention and please rest assure I will take care of it. Customer service is very important to me as well as my team and it is unacceptable when we do not deliver it!

Cammy Hipp

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center? Share your experiences!