“Good for the price, but road noise” 3 of 5 stars

Boston Inn
533 Baltimore Blvd, Westminster, MD 21157   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Binghamton NY
“Good for the price, but road noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The room looked like it had just been painted - very clean, and the maid service was excellent. Furniture was outdated, but we had a flat screen tv. Grounds were clean and pretty, plentiful for walking the dogs - lots of trash recepticles. Shopping center just behind the inn,easy walk. Breakfast offered was packaged donuts and coffee, but better than nothing. Staff was friendly. Only issue was 4-lane Rte. 140 runs right in front of the inn, and there doesn't seem to be an escape from the road noise. Most of the rooms which would be quieter just have one double bed. Two doubles are on ground floor (great for the dogs) and kings with jacuzzis are on 2nd fl.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Boston Inn from January 2011 until Sept 2011, and found it to be outstanding. The people in the office were always friendly and helpful. First half of the stay was in one of the deluxe rooms (ok a few of the regular rooms are a little sketchy but the bostons are constantly upgrading). Second half of stay I was in a small house there between two of the buildings that is the best deal going. barely more than the rooms and it was a house. Great place and only two other hotels in town , Best Western and Days Inn but they cost double or so.

• Stayed April 2012
brainerd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting friends in the area. There are many other newer places in Westiminster but we were not looking for anythig fancy for a one night stay. Just a good clean room at a good rate which this place provided. I think this is the first place we every stayed in that provided a computer in the room. We were told they are being phased out since everyone seems to have their own computers, iPads, etc. now. on the downside, the shower water temp. could not be controlled, going from hot to cold.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hershey pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Just a simple,clean place. Loved that there was.a computer in the room Nice service, good place

• Stayed March 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is not a good place to stay unless you are not black, I came to this hotel for a wedding that was being held at martin ,bride booked 30 rooms.when i called over the phone all was okay and gave my card number all was fine but when i came in person on 10/08/2011 i was told needed a credit card and I ask why because no one told me I need a major credit card and was told quote unquote the person Dottie said to me ( you people come to a wedding and get drunk and steal and broke things so yours will need a credit card and she will let me go this time but next time she wouldn't,I told her i would not be coming back and if not for no other hotel close i would not had stay there

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is my motel of choice for the annual Great American Cake Show. I stayed there for the first time in 2010 and liked it enough to stay again--and this time bring my hubby. I've only stayed one night on both occassions, so can't speak to the service for longer stays. I would say that this is a comfortable, no frills place. The room was clean (bug and bed bug free- thank God) and, in my opinion, spacious for the price. There was wifi in the room and a a nice microwave and 'fridge. The beds were comfy and we had a good night's sleep. There's also a good sized pool on the property, which was not opened yet for the seaon.
The lady at the front desk --I think she's one of the owners--was very friendly both times that I was there.

As others have said, the bathrooms are small and could use a little sprucing up. I would not recommend their "continental breakfast-" it's just dry, grocery store doughnuts and weak coffee. You're better off checking out any of the many nearby restaurants for breakfast. :-) There are a lot of stores and also a mall with a movie theatre nearby. (We had dinner and a movie while there.) The Boston Inn is not fancy by any means, but a good stay for the money. I'll be there again next May.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were regulars here. When the hustle and bustle got to us we liked to just stay a couple nights to relax. Besides for the cheap rates you get really cheap service. There is an old lady who has worked there for many years due to a lack of a college degree and is very rude to us if not all the guests. After staying many times, I call to check if there was a room avaliable and the guy tells me that the owners placed me on the do not rent list. For what reason? He did not know the reason. After cleaning the room prior to checkout and being very nice to all of the lazy staff, and this is the treatment we get. Not to mentiom that the rooms are filled with stinkbugs, the air conditioner doesnt work half of the time, and the paper thin walls where you can hear youre neighbors, and the one set of towels you have to hand in to get another. The bottom line is that this hotel is not worth youre money, my advice would be to just spend a few more dollars and go down the street to the days inn, where they go the extra mile to please....

• Stayed June 2011
Travis B, Owner at Boston Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
This customer was asked to leave because of the condition she kept the room and her roudy kids. She came to us claiming there was mold in the home she was renting but i later found out she was asked to leave. She has also left a bad review on the other local hotels in the area after she was asked to leave.

Been to Boston Inn? Share your experiences!