“For the young set” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 104 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: American
“For the young set”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food is good - well prepared, etc. But, don't expect a multi-course balanced meal. Its set up for the younger beer drinkers; not adults.

“Food is OK. Great TVs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I'll start of by saying the food is average and that goes for all of the Greene Turtles. But I don't go to the Greene Turtle for food, maybe apps which isn't bad. Love the atmosphere and the Greene Turtle in Westminster is probably the best Greene Turtle I've been to. They have a nice outdoor bar and patio with 4 large TVs and the inside has too many TVs to count.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good Local Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The Greene Turtle is a good local chain where you can even take the family for decent burgers, wings and pub grub while watching the game. They not only have a huge bar area with many HD tv's, but every booth has it's own private television to view whatever sporting event is on.

Hampstead, Maryland
“Great place to drink and watch the game...while standing and not eating”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I used to frequent this Greene Turtle once a week for a trivia game. I had been going there for at least 4-5 months so I think I have a pretty good grasp on what this place offers

The Greene Turtle is a great place to watch the game. There are tons of TVs around including small flat screens at all the booths. It is a spacious high ceiling-ed dining area with a nice large covered and heated patio area. The patio area has a number of tables and its own bar that is open on busy nights spring through fall. If you are coming to grab some drinks with friends, catch the band or the game, Greene Turtle is well equipped spot.

That being said, if it wasn't for the weekly trivia game, I don't think I'd be frequenting the place. The menu has decent variety, I mean it is bar food, but there is no consistency from the kitchen or the servers. I've ordered a few items multiple times - one time it will be decent/average, the next time absolutely terrible. My team and I have ordered probably about 1/2 the menu over time and have not found 1 thing that has wowed us. Anything you order that has sauce - wings, sandwiches, etc - ask for extra. The wings are the driest wings I've seen anywhere. This may be this location being cheap/cost control. The meats are not seasoned at all - burgers/chicken are bland, unless you get one that mentions seasoning add (cajun, old bay, etc). Servers are crap shoot depending who you get. There seems to be a lot of turnover though as even though we're there weekly and sit at the same table, we have had about 10 different servers over our 4-5 period.

So value wise, Greene Turtle falls very short. Another huge pet peeve of mine is that you cannot get a pitcher of beer at GT. Only by the pint or 22oz. What kind of sports bar doesn't serve pitchers? Its a corporate policy apparently which is a blatant attempt to make customers pay more. 22oz beer = $4.50; pitcher = 60oz and is usually about $8-$11 at most bars. Oh yeah and I think the stools they use in the bar area used to be midevil torture devices. They are the most uncomfortable stools I have ever encountered.

So my overall assessment is that the Turtle is a decent spot to meet up with the gang for some happy hour drinks, watch the game or see a band every once in a while. If you are actually going to dine or frequently regularly, you almost assuredly will be disappointed.

• Visited October 2011