“I do not recommend this Super 8 to anyone. I was so...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Waldorf to your Saves list
Super 8 Waldorf
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3550 Crain Highway, I-95 Exit 7A, Waldorf, MD 20603   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Waldorf, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Price was not that exceptional but better than the competition. First non-smoking room was very smokey. Attendant gladly worked to reassign to another room, better but still a little smokey. No kleanex in the room, no alarm clock. Breakfast, was very weak. Only Regular coffee, no decaf until we asked for it, second day decaf was there but suspect it was left over from the prvious day (temperature was warm at best). WiFi connection was excellent however. If price is the thing that is important and you can overlook these other gaps then you will be okay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandywine, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I checked in at 3 am...I booked through a 3rd party. When I got there, the guy behind the counter was rude. At any rate, he asked for my card (at this point double charged). Stayed in the hotel for 5 hours and when I got back from work later that night, my room was gone. There was an argument about "hotel" time, which I had never had this issue before. Guy was telling me check out was 11 am the same morning I got there. He never mentioned this when I handed him my phone to show him my check in info at 3 am. I guess they have to scheme and scam because who would choose to stay in a dump if it wasn't an emergency (everywhere else was book because of the holiday weekend). The guy was completely rude and spoke to me in a condescending tone. I tried to resolve the matter with the manager and 3rd party company the next day and that manager was yelling at me when I tried to tell him how disrespectful his staff was and how they scammed me out of an additional payment when I had only stayed there for 5 hours. His excuse was that every hotel does "this" and at this point I out right called him a liar. I just recently stayed in a local hotel and checked in at the same time (same routine: check in , nap, go to work, and come back to the hotel). I had never got booted from my room and never had to pay extra. My reservation said 8-31 to 9-1 with check out time of 11am. It shouldn't matter what time I got there if it was 8-31. If it did, then they need to make clients aware of this and also the 3rd party company instead of being deceitful and trying to make a quick buck. You would think that with all of the scamming that they would take that money and use it to fix of that dump (also known around town as the sleazy 8).
When I realize there was no chance of having an intelligent conversation with this so called manager, I requested a number for his boss or GM, district manager, etc...Was told that there was no manager above him when I refused to speak to him further. Also he was telling me that they never charged my account when I have a receipt from that transaction. I am personally filing a BBB complaint and calling my credit card company and notifying them of fraud.
I will sleep in my car before I stay in this hell hole again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked our room on priceline. Specifically selected a non smoking room.

When we walked down the hallway to room 117, it smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke. When we got into our room it was worse.

1) super 8 desk attendant said it was a non smoking room. There were no ash trays in the room however, there are no signs anywhere saying it is a non smoking room which I feel is pretty standard for most non smoking hotel rooms.

2) attendant offered to spray our room with air freshener. We just turned the a/c on in hopes that pulling the outside air in would help. Nope!!!!

3) the bed, while not overly comfortable was fine. Room/bathroom was clean.

discoveries:
husband found what appeared to be the remnants of a cig pack clear wrapper. Hmmm....
Upon opening the window, he noticed a pile of butts on the ground outside.

Did I mention the room wreaks!! It's literally unbearable. I wrote up several times at night and tried to use the top sheet as a filter to be able to sleep because the offending odors were so bad I was waking up.

Room Tip: If you chain smoke in confined spaces, you will feel right at home.