“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

At check-in the front desk person was rude and could not express her lack of interest in assisting me any more than she did. Her attitude was discourteous and rude. She needs customer service training if she is assigned as the front desk personnel responsible for receiving customers. As a result of her lackluster reception - I immediately changed hotels and willing paid the change fee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I was totally shocked and horrified at the condition of this super 8.. I was with my 13 yr old son and he would not touch anything.. The sheets were burnt and the microwave was filthy with 10 yr old fingerprints on it.. The cable and internet was out.. I took my son and left and lost my money but i did not care.. I went to another hotel and immediately showered.. In all my years the worst hotel experience ever!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
waldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've read some of the most recent reviews on this hotel, and most if not all was negative which is a total surprise to me. From the time I contacted them by phone to set up a reservation the customer service was outstanding the manager Larry went over and beyond to take care of my needs. As to the cleanness of the room the hotel is not brand new but is well kept and maintained inside and outside. I'm encouraging anyone who has had bad experience with this hotel to give them another chance and if you are passing through and need a place to stay in Waldorf Lary and the Super 8 family is the best in the area by price, customer service and all your other hotel needs.

Anthony S.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greenville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The walls seemed like they were made out of cardboard ... Way too noisy ... And room smelled bad ... I could smell it on the clothes I had in the room. In the bathroom, all along the outside of the bathtub, grout was really dirty or moldy looking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Chester, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I needed a cheap room for the night as I was passing through. I reserved the room online and checked in with no problem. When I opened the door to the room there was a blood stain on the carpet. I know the room was inexpensive and I wasn't expecting a night at the Ritz but a blood stain is pretty horrifying.

Find another location. After explaining to a local where I was staying they laughed and told me to get my money back and go elsewhere immediately. Apparently it has a reputation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Waldorf? Share your experiences!