“Disgusting!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3550 Crain Highway, I-95 Exit 7A, Waldorf, MD 20603   |
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
“Disgusting!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I was totally shocked and horrified at the condition of this super 8.. I was with my 13 yr old son and he would not touch anything.. The sheets were burnt and the microwave was filthy with 10 yr old fingerprints on it.. The cable and internet was out.. I took my son and left and lost my money but i did not care.. I went to another hotel and immediately showered.. In all my years the worst hotel experience ever!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
waldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've read some of the most recent reviews on this hotel, and most if not all was negative which is a total surprise to me. From the time I contacted them by phone to set up a reservation the customer service was outstanding the manager Larry went over and beyond to take care of my needs. As to the cleanness of the room the hotel is not brand new but is well kept and maintained inside and outside. I'm encouraging anyone who has had bad experience with this hotel to give them another chance and if you are passing through and need a place to stay in Waldorf Lary and the Super 8 family is the best in the area by price, customer service and all your other hotel needs.

Anthony S.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greenville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The walls seemed like they were made out of cardboard ... Way too noisy ... And room smelled bad ... I could smell it on the clothes I had in the room. In the bathroom, all along the outside of the bathtub, grout was really dirty or moldy looking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Chester, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I needed a cheap room for the night as I was passing through. I reserved the room online and checked in with no problem. When I opened the door to the room there was a blood stain on the carpet. I know the room was inexpensive and I wasn't expecting a night at the Ritz but a blood stain is pretty horrifying.

Find another location. After explaining to a local where I was staying they laughed and told me to get my money back and go elsewhere immediately. Apparently it has a reputation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not being one to write these things, this is somewhat emotionally hard. My wife and I unfortunately had to stay in this motel for longer than anyone should have had to endure. We were met with the knowledge that the room we requested and had reserved was unavailable. Along with that, a stale cigarette stench overpowered the place. The lobby and breakfast area LOOKED clean enough, but the rooms (at least RM 206) were NOT so clean. Again, the smell of cigarette smoke in our NON-SMOKING room was overpowering. Along with that, the security latch on the door was broken, the furniture was old, faded, and beat-up, the tub was dirty and stained, with mildew on the shower walls, the refrigerator was nasty inside and out, the microwave was okay outside but dirty inside, the heating and air unit was always blowing high, and was either Hell or the North Pole, with no middle ground, and the high-speed internet was intermittent.

The next morning I went to turn on the TV to find out that the remote control was broken. BUT when I went to manually turn the TV on, I found that it had been unplugged AND there was no RGB cable! The remote, which had no back, WAS working. Having to rush out, I stopped at the desk to let them know about the TV, but no one was there, and I could not wait. When we got back that evening, I tapped on the desk window to see about getting a short cable. The "night manager" seemed annoyed and was very offensive in his tone and attitude! NOW I read the other reviews on this motel and WISH TO GOD that I had read them earlier. The complaints are TRUE, and I really can't BELIEVE that nothing has been or is being done!

I intend on using everything within my power to bring attention to SUPER 8 WALDORF and Wyndham Hotel Group, and to bring about a change to this motel! NO ONE should have to be forced to suffer such horrible service and lodging, because to the best of my knowledge, there IS NO REFUND (meaning Wyndham DOES NOT stand behind the Hotels/Motels they represent)! More to follow, I'm sure . . . (vsm)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Waldorf? Share your experiences!