“The heater in both rooms didnt work. I had to clean the...” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Waldorf
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3550 Crain Highway, I-95 Exit 7A, Waldorf, MD 20603   |
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Waldorf

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I would not reccomend any traveller to stay at that location.

I was there during the cold months and the only heating source to me was a non comcwrcial floor heater. The electrical wires was extremely warm that I decided to unplug it not to cause a fire and worse possibly disable or end my life.

The sheets and pillow cases had an used odor to them so I slept in my traveling clothes.
Lastly I decided to wash my face only to notice that the wash clothes had yellow stains on it and smear of brown.

I stayed thee for a total of 4 hrs before checking out and sleeping in my rental car.

Sadly they charged me for that filthy stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

DCJim1
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

For one night it was fine. After reading some reviews here, I'd like to point a few things out. All places have a check out time of 11am unless you pre-arrange to stay later or paid for another day. If you don't, and only paid for one night....you have to be out. I know Waldorf very well.....there are some people who love to walk out of places without paying what they owe so merchants are on guard for this kind of stuff. I found my room to be neat and clean with everything in it in working order. The rate was low for the area. The front desk staff was fine. Some people want as much as they can get for paying almost nothing....business' can operate like that. Common sense says....you get what you pay for; you do here and that seems fair to me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mechanicsville, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Needed inexpensive smoking room with GOOD wifi connection. Third floor room (no elevators, by the way) had a single connection with encryption code; when I asked at front desk, clerk told me access was not always good. He suggested bringing laptop down, connecting to main system on first floor, then returning to room. I lost this connection within 90 seconds in the room, and am now sitting down in the coffee area, where I'll expect to be most of the night, minus comfort, a convenient bathroom, privacy, and a smoke. May update later--don't know how well the room sleeps.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I really don't recommend this motel to anyone. I stayed just myself, and upon going to my room, I noticed the hallways were disgusting. Smelled like people who don't shower and like the carpets haven't been cleaned. My room was very muggy when I got in. The chair was a little stained. When I took a shower in the morning, the water would fluctuate between hot and cold, it was very annoying. If you're by yourself, and looking for somewhere cheap then go for it. If its family, really don't recommend, especially with the crowd that was staying there that night I was there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pordenone, Italia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped in this hotel on the way to Washington DC. The prize was an internet offer, so we thought it would be a good solution, instead of an hotel in the city. We booked the room, forgetting to read some comments on internet.
The problem is that the hotel is very noisy and it smells of cigarette smoke in every part of the hotel: in the hall, in the breakfast zone and in the room. The room itself wasn't very clean.
After we saw the room, we decided to get back our money and find another hotel, because it was impossibile to me to breathe, even less to sleep.
Fortunately, the man at the reception has been very nice and helpful, he cancelled our booking without any cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Waldorf? Share your experiences!