“DO NOT count on wifi connections in rooms--no refund policy either” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Waldorf

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Waldorf to your Saves list
Super 8 Waldorf
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3550 Crain Highway, I-95 Exit 7A, Waldorf, MD 20603   |
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
Mechanicsville, Maryland, United States
“DO NOT count on wifi connections in rooms--no refund policy either”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Needed inexpensive smoking room with GOOD wifi connection. Third floor room (no elevators, by the way) had a single connection with encryption code; when I asked at front desk, clerk told me access was not always good. He suggested bringing laptop down, connecting to main system on first floor, then returning to room. I lost this connection within 90 seconds in the room, and am now sitting down in the coffee area, where I'll expect to be most of the night, minus comfort, a convenient bathroom, privacy, and a smoke. May update later--don't know how well the room sleeps.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I really don't recommend this motel to anyone. I stayed just myself, and upon going to my room, I noticed the hallways were disgusting. Smelled like people who don't shower and like the carpets haven't been cleaned. My room was very muggy when I got in. The chair was a little stained. When I took a shower in the morning, the water would fluctuate between hot and cold, it was very annoying. If you're by yourself, and looking for somewhere cheap then go for it. If its family, really don't recommend, especially with the crowd that was staying there that night I was there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pordenone, Italia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped in this hotel on the way to Washington DC. The prize was an internet offer, so we thought it would be a good solution, instead of an hotel in the city. We booked the room, forgetting to read some comments on internet.
The problem is that the hotel is very noisy and it smells of cigarette smoke in every part of the hotel: in the hall, in the breakfast zone and in the room. The room itself wasn't very clean.
After we saw the room, we decided to get back our money and find another hotel, because it was impossibile to me to breathe, even less to sleep.
Fortunately, the man at the reception has been very nice and helpful, he cancelled our booking without any cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

They have room doors propped open with washcloths and chairs (have they ever heard of a door stopper), this was beyond GHETTO. There were stains in the carpet, flys flying around, the window could not close all the way, the fridge was nasty, the microwave was not cleaned, the TV did not work, the lamp shade was beyond filthy, the chair was triflin and filled with brown stains ( you can tell it has never been cleaned), the buttons for the airconditioner was all broken off. The list goes on. This is by far the worst hotel I have EVER been too. So bad I took pics. I am so in shock they are still open for business, I did not even feel comfortable laying in the bed. After 5 minutes of sitting on the bed, I swear i kept feeling something crawl on me lol. Forreal. I won't have my dog sleep there its so bad.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I'd read the negative comments here but still, when Dad really needed to rest, it was the first place we came to, so I went in. The woman at the counter was kind and helpful, gave me a key card to check out the handicap-accessible room. The rooms are accessed from inner hallways, the ramp to avoid stairs was carpeted and easy to negotiate, the room was just the 3rd one. It was clean, the bathroom was fine: grab bar at toilet height, rather low, but the bathroom was sparkling clean and the space was navigable for turning. The room heater warmed the room immediately and kept it comfortable for him. Large flat-screen (tube) tv, microwave, desk and free wi-fi in the room. The bedspread might be bargain basement but the bed was comfortable, the carpets clean. When I went for an errand, there'd been a shift change, two young men at the counter, just as friendly and polite as the woman had been. For a reasonably-priced stop, I'd say give this motel a try.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Let me start in the main room
-Non smoking which reeked of smoke
-Carpets absolutely filthy
-Seat also severely stained and smelly
-Fridge smelt of spoiled milk
-Bed was clean but so noisy!
-Heater didn't work - well it did blow cold air but the dial was missing from the temperature gauge so unable to put any heat on. It was also dirty and greasy.

Bathroom
-Towels were so grey they were disgusting
-One face cloth had blood on it.
-Toilet was not attached to floor. It moved and grated when sat on.
-The ceiling over the shower was black with mould, bowing down from a previous leak upstairs and cracking through. It is going to give way and collapse any day now.
-Floor was dirty with hair on it.

At about 0200 in the morning we had someone knock on our door and then wander off down the hall to have a chat with someone else (hopefully the person they were looking for?)

Breakfast
-Two stale cereals
-Pre packaged Muffins
-No hot water, no tea, no toast/bagels/waffles
-No Orange juice or Apple Juice despite there being a machine there.

It was so sad that no one was having anything for breakfast - this is false advertising at it's best. Sugar laden cereal does not make a breakfast.

The only up side to this whole place was the very friendly staff member on reception when we booked in - he was lovely but his job must be so disheartening. The hotel charges above the average we have been paying so far at $72 when our average has been $65 -$70. This hotel rates the lowest in nearly four weeks that we have been travelling.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Waldorf? Share your experiences!