“Not clean, hallways smell and are dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Waldorf
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3550 Crain Highway, I-95 Exit 7A, Waldorf, MD 20603   |
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Waldorf
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not clean, hallways smell and are dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I really don't recommend this motel to anyone. I stayed just myself, and upon going to my room, I noticed the hallways were disgusting. Smelled like people who don't shower and like the carpets haven't been cleaned. My room was very muggy when I got in. The chair was a little stained. When I took a shower in the morning, the water would fluctuate between hot and cold, it was very annoying. If you're by yourself, and looking for somewhere cheap then go for it. If its family, really don't recommend, especially with the crowd that was staying there that night I was there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pordenone, Italia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped in this hotel on the way to Washington DC. The prize was an internet offer, so we thought it would be a good solution, instead of an hotel in the city. We booked the room, forgetting to read some comments on internet.
The problem is that the hotel is very noisy and it smells of cigarette smoke in every part of the hotel: in the hall, in the breakfast zone and in the room. The room itself wasn't very clean.
After we saw the room, we decided to get back our money and find another hotel, because it was impossibile to me to breathe, even less to sleep.
Fortunately, the man at the reception has been very nice and helpful, he cancelled our booking without any cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

They have room doors propped open with washcloths and chairs (have they ever heard of a door stopper), this was beyond GHETTO. There were stains in the carpet, flys flying around, the window could not close all the way, the fridge was nasty, the microwave was not cleaned, the TV did not work, the lamp shade was beyond filthy, the chair was triflin and filled with brown stains ( you can tell it has never been cleaned), the buttons for the airconditioner was all broken off. The list goes on. This is by far the worst hotel I have EVER been too. So bad I took pics. I am so in shock they are still open for business, I did not even feel comfortable laying in the bed. After 5 minutes of sitting on the bed, I swear i kept feeling something crawl on me lol. Forreal. I won't have my dog sleep there its so bad.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I'd read the negative comments here but still, when Dad really needed to rest, it was the first place we came to, so I went in. The woman at the counter was kind and helpful, gave me a key card to check out the handicap-accessible room. The rooms are accessed from inner hallways, the ramp to avoid stairs was carpeted and easy to negotiate, the room was just the 3rd one. It was clean, the bathroom was fine: grab bar at toilet height, rather low, but the bathroom was sparkling clean and the space was navigable for turning. The room heater warmed the room immediately and kept it comfortable for him. Large flat-screen (tube) tv, microwave, desk and free wi-fi in the room. The bedspread might be bargain basement but the bed was comfortable, the carpets clean. When I went for an errand, there'd been a shift change, two young men at the counter, just as friendly and polite as the woman had been. For a reasonably-priced stop, I'd say give this motel a try.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Let me start in the main room
-Non smoking which reeked of smoke
-Carpets absolutely filthy
-Seat also severely stained and smelly
-Fridge smelt of spoiled milk
-Bed was clean but so noisy!
-Heater didn't work - well it did blow cold air but the dial was missing from the temperature gauge so unable to put any heat on. It was also dirty and greasy.

Bathroom
-Towels were so grey they were disgusting
-One face cloth had blood on it.
-Toilet was not attached to floor. It moved and grated when sat on.
-The ceiling over the shower was black with mould, bowing down from a previous leak upstairs and cracking through. It is going to give way and collapse any day now.
-Floor was dirty with hair on it.

At about 0200 in the morning we had someone knock on our door and then wander off down the hall to have a chat with someone else (hopefully the person they were looking for?)

Breakfast
-Two stale cereals
-Pre packaged Muffins
-No hot water, no tea, no toast/bagels/waffles
-No Orange juice or Apple Juice despite there being a machine there.

It was so sad that no one was having anything for breakfast - this is false advertising at it's best. Sugar laden cereal does not make a breakfast.

The only up side to this whole place was the very friendly staff member on reception when we booked in - he was lovely but his job must be so disheartening. The hotel charges above the average we have been paying so far at $72 when our average has been $65 -$70. This hotel rates the lowest in nearly four weeks that we have been travelling.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Awful, awful, awful. Stayed here one night with my mother when we visited DC just before Christmas 2010. The moment we lifted the sheets on the beds, it was apparent that nothing had been washed for days.

There were several very long stray hairs on the pillowcases, and in the sheets were food crumbs, stains, and even a few nasty fingernail clippings. The smoke detector was missing, the lock on the door was broken, there were holes in the walls and cracks in the bathtub. We walked to the front desk and told the guy there about this problem and that we would like to look at a different room.

This fellow, though he did let us look at another room, was very rude and obstinate about the entire thing, and the second room we looked at was even worse so we had to stay with the first. The fellow promised us that management would come by first thing in the morning so we could show them the problems but that never happened. At that time of night we wouldn't have been able to find an available room in any other nearby motel so we stuck around for the night, sleeping on top of the sheets and trying to fill our minds with thoughts of the excitement we would have the next day touring the Capitol so we could forget about the nastiness we lay on and get a decent night's sleep.

The next day we went to the nearby LaQuinta instead and found a hotel as it should be- warm and welcoming, with an open lobby and very friendly staff. But most importantly, CLEAN. Fortunately we were able to get a refund on the second night we had reserved at this Super 8 from the manager himself, an older man who seemed nice enough, although I can't imagine how he could allow to fester without any maintenance and only occasional, half-assed cleaning.

In the name of all that is good and holy, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed December 2010
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

That is absolutely the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. The room looked like a horrible crime had been committed there, there was stains all over the floor and on the chairs and a few on the wall. I got a towel from the bathroom to cover the seat of the chair but wasn't sure that the towel was much cleaner than the chair itself! Then of course I inspected the bed linens and there was a dried white stain on the cover and then when I pealed back the cover and the sheet I found a live bug (not sure what type). The room furniture was old and looked like a smokers second hand furniture from the 1970's. The room and the hallways reeked of old cigarettes. It seemed like the only thing missing in the room was a chalk outline on the floor to go with the stains. I did not feel secure or safe at all in that hotel and would not recommend that anyone who cares about cleanliness even consider the Waldorf super 8!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Waldorf? Share your experiences!