“Spaghetti ground into the rug and the desk chair rolled over it so we wouldn't notice?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Waldorf

You added La Quinta Inn Waldorf to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Waldorf
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11770 Business Park Dr, Waldorf, MD 20601   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are a returns member a spaghetti and saucend stay almost exclusively at LaQuinta until now. Our room #204 had spilled spaghetti and sauce ground into the rug. The housekeeper thought that putting the desk chair over the newly spilled food would hide it from the next unsuspecting guest. It didn't. Absolutely disgusting. Couple that with the toilet handle broken and no chain in the tank to reattach it. So when I had to use the bathroom it entailed removing the top of the toilet tank to flush. No maintenance to fix it at 10pm when we found the problem.
This morning I brought the Asst Manager to the room to see the issues. She apologized and then tried to charge me full price for a room at another location in Maryland for tonight since this room was already booked for tonight and no other rooms were available to switch to. Absolutely abysmal response to renting out a room that should never have been rented at all with the glaring problems. How could the housekeeper and her supervisor sign off on this room for the next guest without even reporting the problems and fixing them before I arrived completely unaware until checking in? Obviously poor training on the housekeeping staff, poor oversight by the manager of the housekeepers and an Asst Manager thinking calling another location to book a rom at full price for me was doing me any favor or making the situation right. My advice is stay elsewhere. The staff all around at this location is abysmal.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hemmingford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean and neat. We were in 101. Great reception, helpful. Everything works. Easy parking. Really comfy beds. Ooooops, I do have a small complaint. Internet is not too stable. Kept getting switched from 2 to 4.

Breakfast fare was regular stuff. Thanks to all

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice and tidy hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. The food was excellent and the room was good. We would definitely stay there again. the staff was friendly and attended to our needs. There are tons of places to walk your dog if you bring one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent one night at this LaQuinta. The room was clean and the Mary at the front desk was wonderful when I checke in. The hotel is located in a big retail area, so you can find lots of places to eat and any store you might need. It also backs up to a residential area, which was great for walking my dog in the morning. No coffee was available at the breakfast area in the AM due to delivery problems, but the room had a coffee maker.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay at the Laquinta Inn in Waldorf was awesome. The staff was always attentive and helpful. The manager of this location was very helpful, and present assuring that our stay was comfortable. This location had accessibility to buses, local mall, WALMART, carry outs, a convenient store and even a bowling alley in walking distance. They were very pet friendly and made sure that the accommodations for the family and your pet is met. There are open areas for you to walk your dog and computers with a printer for your business needs. Vending machines and a laundry room. The room was clean and each day we stayed housekeeping assured it stayed that way (^_^). The room had a microwave and a fridge that worked great. We couldn't have asked for more. I have recommended The Laquinta in Waldorf to several family and friends that will visit the area.

However, when I visited this site I was amazed to see Ms. Cathy J review about the Laquinta and had to respond. I visited when she was there and actually witnessed everything that happened. It is just unfortunate that such a bitter person would post such a negative review of a GREAT place. Ms. Cathy failed to state that her dog bit the Mountain Cur first! It was not a pitbull. You also failed to state that your dog dragged you across the lot and you lost your shoe. It was raining and mud everywhere. There was a VET ON SITE that day and you failed to take your dog if it was really that serious. You didn't notify management of any incident.. didn't fill out any incident report.. or maybe it was because you jacked up the young girl by her collar in front of her mom. Glad her mom didn't attack you! You also failed to mention that although their dog was injured with two bite marks (puncture wounds) in the face you left YOUR DOG with the mom and her kids to go to your car for towel and that they gave you a bottle of peroxide for the nip on your dogs ear. They sat with you for a long time to assure that your dog was okay. You were the one that said your dog was bad and had to go the vet everyday to become socialized. Even the youngest girl helped you upstairs with your boots. I just sat there in the lobby and wondered to myself how could they have sooo much patience for you? As for your stay... I witnessed when you asked for assistance with the Wi-fi and the told you what link to click ... sorry your not computer savvy, the fridge control dial was on the back of the fridge (if only you asked) and the saddest part is THEY OFFERED YOU ANOTHER ROOM! and you declined it several times. So I guess you did pay for what you wanted! Seems to me that you were just looking for a freebie! It just saddens me to see that such a great place could be ridiculed by a bitter person like you.

Hope anyone reading this post disregards such an unhappy person and give the LAQUINTA in Waldorf and visit in your travels. It is well worth your money and I'm sure you WILL ENJOY your stay! Don't forget to sign up for Laquinta Returns ... free points during your stay can add up to a free night! (^_^)

Room Tip: For families check conjoined rooms rate and the Family suite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chinquapin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hotel last week and it was one of the better Hotels we have stayed at in a long time. Its pet friendly and that is a big help as to board my small 10 pound dog would cost almost as much as the room per day cost. The Hotel staff was more than willing to make sure we had everything we needed to ensure our stay was top notch. With having no knowledge of the DC area my family and I were planning to visit the Zoo in DC. The lady at the front desk made a recommendation we take the metro line as it would be faster and easier to get around the DC area and we are glad we followed that advice; it was a lot faster, cheaper and easier. Those that clam to have a bad stay is debatable. I for one will recommend this Hotel to anyone who asks and If my plans involve staying in the Waldorf area again, this Hotel will have my repeat business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Waldorf? Share your experiences!