“I guess you get what you pay for...” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Herschberg, Germany
“I guess you get what you pay for...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful, but our overall experience at the hotel was not what I would normally choose.

The day we arrived hotel guests were sitting outside drinking beer; most of the nights we were there someone was sitting on the chairs outside drinking. Not the best first impression.

The door to the pool area didn't close properly so the common areas on the first floor smelled strongly of chemicals.

I am not entirely certain, but it didn't seem to me that the steps leading up from the lobby to the second floor were ever cleaned during our eight night stay.

Our first room had a strange, musty smell. By the second day of our stay we realized that it was mold/mildew. The water from the shower was somehow leaking from the bathtub under the wall into the bedroom area. The carpet all along the bathroom wall was soaked. Again, the staff were helpful and got us into a new room. Once we switched rooms it felt like an entirely different hotel because we weren't dealing with the smell anymore.

It almost seemed as if some people were using this hotel as a short term rental or long term lodging option. One woman in particular was in the lobby chatting with the front desk staff at all hours of the day every day. From the bits of conversations I heard she was well known by all the staff.

One night when we returned to our hotel there were four police cars parked outside. I'm not sure why they were there but it didn't make me feel any better about our choice of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 24, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I spend a lot of time traveling for work, and I've stayed at a lot of hotels. This is is by far the worst hotel I've stayed at in the past 15 years. The entire Hotel was hot. The bottom floor reeks of chlorine. The whole place just feels dirty in general. The staff did not seem concerned about my problems. I had to get new keys half way through my stay (1 week) because they just stopped working. There was a fight in the hall way and I called the front desk to inform them. They said they were taking care of it and they were aware of the situation because they told me the room number that was having the issue. And they did absolutely nothing to fix it, another guest had to get involved to stop the fight. The walls are paper thin so you can hear *everything* going on in the room next to you. Cops walked through the hotel on more than one occasion, which definitely did not make me feel like I was at a safe hotel. I ended my stay early in the middle of the night and decided to pay for another hotel because of how bad an experience I was having.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you're on a road trip, keep driving north or south. If you're in Waldorf for work, Commute from somewhere else. I would do pretty much anything to avoid staying at this location after the experience I had. Seriously. Don't stay here.

After my stay I was sent a survey which I filled out very honestly, I received a cookie cutter, "We'll address these issues for your next stay" email, on which the general manager spelled my name wrong. It's the overall lack of attention to detail that makes this hotel just awful.

Room Tip: Stay off the first floor unless you love the smell of chlorine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service and safety is our number one concern. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Roscoe, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family was booked to stay here for 5 days and were planning on heading into D.C. for day trips. After 1 night we checked out because the room had "plug in" air fresheners all over it and the floral smell was over powering. The hotel itself smelled strongly of chlorine from the pool because the door was so warped it wouldn't shut completely. The hot tub was the same temperature as the pool. The shower had a crack in the bottom and water leaked into the carpeted area and made a huge mess. To top it off when I looked out the window there appeared to be public housing a few feet from the hotel property with a short fence between. I hope the "fireworks" I heard were actually fireworks. My kids slept horrible and told me they were afraid-so was I. There was nothing that could have made me stay there another minute. The area is shady to say the least.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Kendallville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My family stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Waldorf on June 5th through the 8th, 2014. There were a couple of towels when we checked in on Thursday and were not able to get any more towels during our stay. There was a group of 16 of us there for my son's wedding and none of us were able to get any towels. We were trying to get ready for the wedding on Saturday and had to dry with small hand towels and washcloths! On Saturday morning when I asked for towels, I was told that housekeeping was not in yet. I wanted to ask, "Do they take them all home with them at night when they leave?" I saw a previous comment from a manager to another person's complain about the towels and she stated that they aren't able to always have EXTRA. We were not asking for EXTRA! Just a towel to take a shower with. Upon checking out I was asked how my stay was. As I proceeded to tell the girl at the desk that I was disappointed in our stay, she kept interrupting me as I was talking. Her excuse was that they were busy and the towels were "first come first serve". Are you kidding me! I've NEVER stayed at a hotel where towels are "first come first serve". We asked to have our room cleaned after we left, early afternoon on Saturday and the room was never cleaned. The used towels/washcloths in our room were never picked up our entire stay. Sadly, this is a nice hotel, but will never stay there again. They don't even have the "normal" expected amenities there. My suggestion...if you don't have enough towels....buy more. You are mismanaging your business and losing patrons over towels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Princeton, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My family of five stayed at this hotel this past weekend. We could not get five towels to take a shower until after a day of staying although we begged housekeeping and two front desk attendants. We could not get two more pillows, so three of us had only one flat pillow to sleep on. Our room was never cleaned on Saturday and I ended up taking up the trash and going to get trash bags and shampoo for the next day. I guess if you want to stay here you need to bring your own pillows and towels, even though you essentially pay for them with your hotel fee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites of Waldorf, MD wasn't as comfortable as you would have liked it to be. During the summer we are extremely busy and we try very hard to have extra towels and pillows on hand just in case a guest requests extra during their stay. Sometimes it just isn't posssible to accomadate all of the requests due to us only having so many of each item on hand. I hope that this doesn't stop you from staying with us again in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent 2 days at this hotel while attending "Rolling Thunder" in DC. This hotel is reasonably priced and pleasant. The staff was cheerful and helpful and the room was clean. The breakfast was very good with eggs and sausages. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Country Inn & Suites of Waldorf, MD. I am looking forward to seeing you agian the next time you are in our area.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We sought out this chain because we have had exceptional stays at other hotels in this chain. This one stay fell very short. Lets start with the good stuff. Breakfast was very good, but the Air conditioning did not seem to be functioning in the dining room. Now for the not so good. When we arrived I stood at the front desk for 10 minutes, until a maintenance person saw me and found someone to check in. The room was in need of a refresh, the carpet was old and stained and I found hair on the edge of the tub. I waited another 15 minutes when I could not get anyone at the front desk to get my family towels for the pool. In the morning I noted that the front desk person spent a lot of time on her phone and just outside the front door in the smoking area. I tried washing my hands in the men's room just off of the lobby and found no toilet paper, paper towels or soap. I thought it might have been overlooked, but confirmed that the ladies room was in the same shape. The morning of check out, I used the men's room just after an employee used the restroom and noted that toilet paper had been added, but there was still no soap nor paper towels. The staff could use a refresher in customer service. I thought that one person having a bad day is one thing, but the entire staff being this way means there are problems above them that need to be addressed.

Overall, the price was ok, but the service was lacking a lot. Especially not having someone at the desk full time and not having the public bathrooms in working order.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't have a good stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites of Waldorf, MD. Our busy summer season is upon us so we are trying to readjust to being in that mode. We have also just recently hired a few new people and I am working with them everyday to get them to 100% guest satisfaction. Once they are completely trained I am confident that our customer service will improve a lot. I hope that you give us another chance the next time you are staying in the area so that I can prove to you that this is a great hotel to stay at.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Waldorf? Share your experiences!