“What a great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Dunedin, Florida
“What a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here while attending a family funeral. The front desk person was exceptional. Free breakfast was great. iceland many people in the indoor pool, they seem to be enjoying it. The value was outstanding. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We would like to see you again if your travel brings you back to DC area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newport News
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first time at this country inn however I have stayed at many others. It was a bit tricky getting to off the main road but well lit parking lot and well lit around the building. I walked in to a warm hello by Kea. I LOVE KEA and if I could give her a raise I would. We joked about the discounts offered and the lack of peanut butter cookies. Even though I come in around 11:30am there were no rooms ready but Kea promised to get one ready for my by 2pm. I went across the street to walmart to pick up a few items and then down the street to Giants. I came back to the hotel around 2:30ish and my room was ready. Checked out the pool area which was nice, however the pool area was really wet.. I know its a pool but puddles of water staying on the floor around the pool is not safe. Hot tub was nice. Breakfast was great considering other places I have stayed.. a lot to choose from. The hotel was a bit noisy ... from what I gathered from Kea, there was a family reunion in so people were walking and slamming doors all night. I was on the second floor which I think I will never do again. I got the noise from both above and below me. The morning staff didn't have cookies ready and didn't know how long it would take before they were ready. The sofa bed in room 219 was in need of repair. The matress was paper thin and looked super worn. 2 of us ended up sharing the bed in the room. Didn't feel like having back issues in the morning because of the bed.

I think the best thing was NO BEDBUGS.. yes I do check before I bring my belongings into the room.
I travel at least 2 times a month and stay in different hotels. True I have seen better and I have seen much..much..much worst.
Overall I would stay again and I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review. I will make sure to pass this to KEA and we hope to see you again very shortly.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 Times, each time it had been clean and economic. My only issue is there is many turns to get in the parking lot. Safe parking lot, lots of lights. Nice neighborhood. Free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
We wanted to Thank You for being a loyal guest and thank you for the positive feedback. We hope to see u again shortly.
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Came to MD for my god daughter's dedication. Picked Country Inn due to it's proximity to my best friend's home. I made a major mistake with my reservation dates, but Sandeesh was very helpful in honoring my reservation and keeping a room for me. The room was clean and fine for our one night stay. The door is thin so yes, you hear everything going on in the hallway. Fortunately, when we were ready for bed, there were no issues. In the am, we went down for breakfast. The hotel needs another waffle maker, especially on the weekends. There was only one Philipino woman who seemed to be the cook and the cleanup person. I hope she gets a bonus or paid vacation day; she worked hard and seemed really flustered. One of the front desk people should have helped her out (just a suggestion as they were not as busy as she). All in all, affordable and conveniently located. Thank you

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank You for the feedback and a compliment. We hope to see u again very soon if your travel brings you back to DC area.
Clinton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had booked this hotel room as a get-away for my birthday as well as my anniversary, being Husband had surgery we decided not to let that spoiled our anniversary day and lets have a night to ourselfs away from teenage kids. Well needles to say we booked the romance package and we where very excited to have a whirl pool "which would be nice for hubby to relax in" we had contacted the hotel the evening prior and the male agent who answered was a delight in speaking with and answer our questions. The day of arrival my husband was able to check in early to set the room up for a special birthday surprise. I was so excited when I arrived:> He was even able to get a late check out just so I could sleep in WOW I said.
To my surprise when morning arrived we was woken(5:56 am) up to either someone taking a shower or flushing the toilet either above or next door to us. NOT the wake up call we like to have, once that stopped the fridge started making noise " we are like are you seriouse" finally that stops OKAY lets try to go back to sleep.GUESS WHAT now you have toilet or whatever flushing and people talking outside out room window at this point I said lets just go obviously they want to get everone up and out aghhhh. Upon getting ready to take a shower we noticed its a handicap shower with a shower chair that had mold or blackness around the edge "gross" F.Y.I we NEVER asked for a handicapp room, the bathroom cieling also had paint peelling off.,come on seriously "I said' oh by the way i guess they ran out of glue for the wall paper being that someone stapled the wall paper around the shower wall. Please be aware if you book the romance package bring your own champain glasses it does not come with that unless they expect you to use there paper cups " not romantic " I explained all this to the front desk agent because at this point I want out and she did not even apoligize nor said she would have some one call or even provide some kind of compensation. This happened the night of 5/9/13 and I am still pissed.

Room Tip: I suggest check your room and location of it before checking in. After my stay I did not bother chec...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am truly very sorry for all the problems that you experienced at my hotel. Clearly you are not satisfied with your stay and i would not be either if i were you. I would like to have this resolved as soon as i can. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I also left you a voice mail not too long ago.I am awaiting your call. I hope to speak to you soon.

Thank You for the feedback.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a fantastic stay. We really loved it and everything was great. Can't wait to come back again. The breakfast was very good and they had hot items. The price was very well priced and the drive to DC was not that bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to see you again in the near future and thank you for the response. Have a wonderful day and stay warm. It is spring here and it feels like fall, kind of chilli today.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Unexpectantly we had to attend a relative's funeral and had just spent our "vacation" money on a trip to the Virgin Islands. We therefore need an inexpensive place to stay. This place was recommended to us by a relative in the area. It proved to be a great value. The rooms were immaculate, the service friendly and our "suite" amazingly comfortable. All in all it was a great value and a great place to rest in the evening. It is about a half hour's drive from Washington (maybe a little more depending on traffic) and would serve as a good base of operations for visits to the city. There is a Metro outlet about 20 minutes away, but you would need to rent a car to get to it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that our services and standards were up to your expectation. We certainly hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Waldorf? Share your experiences!