“Not your Typical Country Inn and Suites” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
Cape Fear, North Carolina
“Not your Typical Country Inn and Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice. The hotel is surrounded by a couple other hotels in a conjested area. The staff could of been a lil nicer. But overall my stay was good. I travel often and it's always nice when the staff is welcoming . I do like the Country Inn Suites but I may not stay here again

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to find out that your overall stay was good. We would love to assist you again in the future and i hope you would consider us if your travel brings you back in DC area.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and i stayed here one night and was pleasantly suprised. We checked in and there was fresh warm cookies and coffee at sign in. The rooms were clean and smelled nice. Beds were actually comfortable its the first time ive stayed at a hotel and had a decent nights sleep. Pillows and bed linens were nice and seemed to be of good quality. Breakfast was impressive not just your average continental of donuts and bagels. They had sausage, eggs, potatoes and my daughter and i loved that they even had a waffle maker that you poured batter in and could make your own waffles. Staff was nice. Overall great stay we will come again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about us. I just came back to work after a week off due to my illness and this review just made my day. I am so glad that you had a wonderful expreience in our hotel. If you are coming back to DC area, please let us know so we can further serve you. I hope to see u again very shortly in the near future.

Thank You!
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I arrived January 16 for a one-night stay in town to attend a funeral. The room was ready upon arrival and we were greated as Carlson Club members. However, in the midst of our check-in, the desk attendant stopped to address another guess and also remind him of the Managers Reception that evening. When she returned to assist us and hand us our keys, there was no mention of this "Managers Reception". She may have assumed I overheard her previous conversation, but the very least, she should have mentioned this to us as well. The rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. Our only request deals with the breakfast choices that were available. If at the very least, there should be some type of egg offered (scrambled or boiled) and breakfast meat other than chicken patties. But at least they do offer a breakfast. More than a lot of hotels are doing these days. If back in the area, we would consider staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for rating us on tripadvisor. Your comments are surely heard and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I travel fairly often and happened to be passing through Waldorf. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and were so pleasantly suprised and pleased!! When you walk into the lobby you feel as if you have walked into your best friends living room as there are plush sofa's & chairs surrounding a coffee table and facing a fireplace. The front desk staff was very friendly, greated us with a huge welcome and were eager to assist with restaurant recommendations. There was fresh coffee (multiple flavors) in the lobby and fresh cookies as well. Before heading to our room the General Manager introduced himself, welcomed us to his hotel and gave us a tour of their amenities. They have an indoor pool & spa, exercise room and wonderful breakfast area. Our room was great. It had it's own living room area and seperate bedroom. The rooms were clean, very large and had fridge, microwave & coffee maker. The bathroom was spotless (one of the first things I look for immediately!!) and I even took a bubble bath before going out to dinner. The bed was very comfortable, pillows soft and smelled clean and we both slept like hotel guests should!! In the morning we went down for breakfas...which we assumed was "continental". WOW...fresh eggs, sausage, potato's, waffles, muffins, danish, fresh fruit, 3 types of juice, 3 types of cereal, coffee, tea and more. It was much more than we had anticipated and was a perfect start to our long day of travel. I will return to this hotel and highly recommend it if you are looking for a great value, cleanliness and super terrific customer service!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write about us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.
wilmington nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have stayed in many Country Inn and Suites. This one was barley average. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We found it very noisy in the fromt of the building.The A/C did not work and the room became very warm during the night. The refrig did not work so we were given another room. It didn't work in this room either. It would help to have door stops as the doors do not stay open ie: the bathroom.
It was a disappointing stay as usually this chain is very good.

Room Tip: We had room 317
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
We apologize for all the inconvenience encountered during your stay. I had the maintenance engineer check that room this morning and it seems to work fine. Door stoppers are available at the front desk upon request. Thank you once again for the review and we hope to see you again in the near futhure if your travel brings to you DC area. Please give me a call and i will presonally take your reservation.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was a little tricky to find (on a side street that is a little windy)--I went to the Comfort Inn at first--but generally it was easy to find with my GPS. There were some not-so-nice looking folks smoking on the porch when I arrived at midnight, which did not make me very confident, but they were actually not a problem. I just wish hotels would not put the "smoking section" at the front entrance! (I had the same "greeting" at the hotel I stayed at before this one, too!) Anyway, the front desk clerk was very friendly and check-in was easy. I walked past the pool and hot tub and they looked quite inviting, but I never had time to try either one. I wish I did!

My room was beautiful; it seemed that there must have been fairly recent renovations. I read some of the negative reviews of this hotel and I did not see any of the problems they mentioned. (Those reviews are fairly old.) There was no musty smell, no stains, etc. The bedding was beautiful and comfortable. The pillows are a bit small, but I was perfectly comfortable. I had no problems with the wired internet or with the wi-fi. There were plenty of outlets, although I do wish there was one closer to the bed as I like to keep my phone nearby overnight while it's charging. I would have had to unplug the clock radio or the lamp in order to charge my phone on the nightstand.

All the amenities I needed were there: a fridge, microwave, iron, hair dryer, and more. The tv worked great. I booked this room last minute using Priceline. Sometimes with Priceline you get the less-desirable rooms, but I was perfectly happy with my room. I slept great with no noisy interruptions. I just wish checkout time was noon instead of 11 am. I did not ask for a late checkout, so don't know if they would have accommodated me.

I went to breakfast right at the end of their serving time, but I still had a good selection of hot and cold foods. The staff in the dining room offered to make a waffle for me, but I opted for eggs and toast. I was satisfied with the breakfast. It tasted good and was adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write about us. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay in our property. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Southport, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean. Getting on the WiFi is a bit frustrating since you either have to sit through a video ad on your phone... The suite was fine; one must figure which of the rooms gets warmer than the other when the door is shut at night. Friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Recently we have been getting a lot of similar response about the Wi-Fi connection. I just spoke to our Wi-Fi provider and we now have this issue resolved. Once you accept the agreement it will directly connect you to the internet without any advertisement.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Waldorf? Share your experiences!