“not the best Country Inn and Suites” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
wilmington nc
“not the best Country Inn and Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have stayed in many Country Inn and Suites. This one was barley average. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We found it very noisy in the fromt of the building.The A/C did not work and the room became very warm during the night. The refrig did not work so we were given another room. It didn't work in this room either. It would help to have door stops as the doors do not stay open ie: the bathroom.
It was a disappointing stay as usually this chain is very good.

Room Tip: We had room 317
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
We apologize for all the inconvenience encountered during your stay. I had the maintenance engineer check that room this morning and it seems to work fine. Door stoppers are available at the front desk upon request. Thank you once again for the review and we hope to see you again in the near futhure if your travel brings to you DC area. Please give me a call and i will presonally take your reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was a little tricky to find (on a side street that is a little windy)--I went to the Comfort Inn at first--but generally it was easy to find with my GPS. There were some not-so-nice looking folks smoking on the porch when I arrived at midnight, which did not make me very confident, but they were actually not a problem. I just wish hotels would not put the "smoking section" at the front entrance! (I had the same "greeting" at the hotel I stayed at before this one, too!) Anyway, the front desk clerk was very friendly and check-in was easy. I walked past the pool and hot tub and they looked quite inviting, but I never had time to try either one. I wish I did!

My room was beautiful; it seemed that there must have been fairly recent renovations. I read some of the negative reviews of this hotel and I did not see any of the problems they mentioned. (Those reviews are fairly old.) There was no musty smell, no stains, etc. The bedding was beautiful and comfortable. The pillows are a bit small, but I was perfectly comfortable. I had no problems with the wired internet or with the wi-fi. There were plenty of outlets, although I do wish there was one closer to the bed as I like to keep my phone nearby overnight while it's charging. I would have had to unplug the clock radio or the lamp in order to charge my phone on the nightstand.

All the amenities I needed were there: a fridge, microwave, iron, hair dryer, and more. The tv worked great. I booked this room last minute using Priceline. Sometimes with Priceline you get the less-desirable rooms, but I was perfectly happy with my room. I slept great with no noisy interruptions. I just wish checkout time was noon instead of 11 am. I did not ask for a late checkout, so don't know if they would have accommodated me.

I went to breakfast right at the end of their serving time, but I still had a good selection of hot and cold foods. The staff in the dining room offered to make a waffle for me, but I opted for eggs and toast. I was satisfied with the breakfast. It tasted good and was adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write about us. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay in our property. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Southport, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean. Getting on the WiFi is a bit frustrating since you either have to sit through a video ad on your phone... The suite was fine; one must figure which of the rooms gets warmer than the other when the door is shut at night. Friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Recently we have been getting a lot of similar response about the Wi-Fi connection. I just spoke to our Wi-Fi provider and we now have this issue resolved. Once you accept the agreement it will directly connect you to the internet without any advertisement.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent one night in August and had a great stay! Checked in early at 1pm and got a suite at a great rate! Nice room, clean, big, and comfortable! Great breakfast, friendly staff, nice visit! Highly recommend it on your visit to Southern Maryland!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Terranski,

Thank you very much for your great comments about the hotel! Glad you enjoy our property and look forward to serving you in the future...
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Overall a very nice place to stay. It was a little difficult to find at first but the place was worth it. The place is clean and well kept up. The one concern we had on our second night was a baseball tournament with lots of kids around. Sadly, chaperones don't like to do their job. The staff did quite them down so they do care about all the guests. Breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Daffyfam,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write about us. We are glad that had a wonderful stay at our hotel. With the baseball group in house we were sold out and we wanted to thank you for your patience. And you are absolutely right that we do care very much about our guest. We expect to see you again very soon.
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here everyone at the hotel was very friendly. Your front desk clerk Mercedes was extremely helpful she help me on the computer and when i had a problem with my tv she came to the room right away and fixed the issue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Catherine,

First of all Thank You very much for taking a moment to write about us. I Mercedes is off today but i will make sure that she gets the compliment. Thank you once again and have a wonderful day.
chesapeake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days and was not ready to leave but unfortunately have to go back to work, it was me and my husband 3yr annivesary we're from Virginia. We decided to take a drive to Maryland we went to look at 3 different hotels when we arrived in Waldorf Maryland and was not satified with those. Country Inn & Suites was the 4th hotel we went too and soon as we walked in it was warm and inviting FRESH SMELL NICE AND CLEAN. The staff was very nice and friendly the room was very fresh smelling and clean. The breakfast was great, we will be back to stay soon, we recommend viewers to choose this hotel. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vernon W,

We are very glad that you chose our hotel for your third anniversary. We are also glad that you found our hotel to your very liking. Your response means a lot to us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Waldorf? Share your experiences!