“Family Reunion Visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
Waldorf, Maryland
“Family Reunion Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights while visiting the area for a family reunion. The front desk staff was helpful and check in and out was without a problem. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Our only concern was upon first entering the room, it has an old mildew smell. Although, it appeared the cleaning staff tried hard to cover the smell as best they could. But, I think it's in the curtains. Their was also a strange smell coming from the carpet as if something spilled. The beds were ok but the pillows were very small. Overall, I think it's time to start refurbishing the rooms. Newer furniture, curtains, carpet, and paint will make a huge difference down the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Darcy56,

Thank you for your response. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel. However i was a little concerned about the mildew smell. Since we are not able to locate your room number can you please give us a call at the hotel so I can discuss more about this issue with you over the phone. We would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you once again.

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for five days while visiting the DC area and really enjoyed it. The staff was great and very helpful. The hotel was packed all week yet the staff was aleays smiling and helpful. Breakfast wasvery good although the breakfast room stayed packed so we usually ate in our room which was fine as well. Very clean throughout the hotel. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Joe,
Thank you for staying with us. Your response is very important to us. We hope to see you again in the near future.
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Mr. Sandesh Piya was wonderful called our room to see if our family of 5 was okay, that's 1st class. to us that shows he ready cares about guest. The best Exquisite Hotel in Waldorf, MD ! The staff was fantastic and everything was wonderful from the moment we walked in to the moment we had to check out. First Class service, hospitalable, and absolutely the best! Breakfast was awesome, the ladies that worked each morning served us with a smile and were so kind. They did everything to make sure that we were comfortable, It was so nice to have warm cookies, coffee,coco and tea, fresh fruit in the nice clean lobby great place to sit and relax. The other hotel guests were all very friendly as well. I guess happy staff makes happy guest. Our 3 kids loved the pool and my hubby enjoyed the fitness center . We will refer friends there for sure! Thank you Mr. Sandesh Piya & staff for an incredible stay and we thank you so much for a making our trip a memorable one! The quality that you have is above the rest for sure! "Hats Off to You" for incredible service, great location, and the best staff ever!

Room Tip: great and around!!!!!
Good Morning Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking a moment of your time to write and rate about us. We are very glad that you found the hotel to your very liking. I would also like to thank you for the positive comments about me and my staff. We hope to see you again if your travel brings you to DC metro area.
Laurinburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The front desk attendants, Brian and Mercedes, were both extremely hospitable and attentive to the needs of my family and I upon our recent stay at CI & S in Waldorf, MD. Their energy and zest to ensure we had what we needed was a definite plus to secure our return. The breakfast was delicious, the pool was clean, and the fitness room was enjoyable. We had a minor issue one night with the toilet in our room, and Brian did not hesitate to assist us with getting that issue resolved immediately. Thanks for a home-like stay. The price was extremely affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Mrs. Johnson
I hope you are having a wonderful morning. I would like to thank you very very much for taking a moment of your time to write about your wonderful experience at our hotel. I am glad you find our hotel and the staff to your liking and i have already passed on the compliments to Mercedes and Brian during our meeting this morning. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities. We also have our weekly Managers Reception from 5pm to 7pm for all the guest every Wednesday. If for any reason your travel brings you back to DC area, please give me a call and i will personally take your reservation. I hope to see you in the near future.

Thank you once again.
Farragut, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The hotel was clean and safe, the rooms were nice and the staff was helpful. Parking was adequate, although the hotel is kind of hidden from the road. The pool is small and crowded and a little bit dirty, so I would avoid this. The dining room is kind of small but we didn't have any problems finding a seat. The breakfast bar attendant was extremely helpful and there was plenty of food.

A quick note about the area: Waldorf is an up and coming town. If you come from DC, be sure to take freeways, otherwise you will pass through some scary neighborhoods.

Room Tip: I requested a 3rd floor room because the last Country Inns I stayed at was noisy. I was accommodated...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Good Morning
Thank you for taking your time to write about our hotel.

Please come see us again if your travel brings you back to Washington DC area.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We opted not to stay in D.C. for our trip and picked this hotel for price and location. Mercede's, the front clerk was wonderfully nice and professional. She was patient with our questions and smile'd all the time with us and others. The housekeepers always did a great job on our room for 4 days. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Waldorf, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff members you interacted with. It's rewarding for all of us to see.
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

I booked the Country Inn and Suites for $80 per night on their website. A majority of the previous poor reviews were over a year old, so I was optimistic things changed. I wad wrong.

The location in Waldorf isn't bad; it's within a mile or two to most major stores and it's in a relatively safe area. Please note, this isn't a viable alternative to DC if that's your destination; the commute every day would be a bit much!

I booked a King Studio and received a cheap upgrade ($9 per night) for the whirlpool tub in the room; that's where everything went downhill.

Despite keeping the air at 63 degrees, the room was always warm to the point of being uncomfortable. The bathroom was falling apart; broken light fixtures, missing molding, rust, chipped tub. The carpet had a large stain, gum I think, right next to the bed. A coffee stirrer was in the corner if the room when I arrived and stayed there for the entire week. At one point I had to kill a wasp in the room, and yes his body was never vacuumed off the floor either. The pool was so cloudy there wasn't a chance I would step foot in it.

Good news, breakfast was good! Service was mostly ok; a majority of the desk attendants would greet you, some wouldn't acknowledge your existence though.

Overall I'm very disappointed, I expect a lot more from this hotel chain.

• Stayed June 2012
Good Day Ms. Kelly

My apologies for the problems you encountered during your visit to our hotel.
However i have addressed all the issues with my entire team. The maintenance person has fixed the air conditioner and is working fine now. The bathroom has been fixed as well and the carpet is free of stains now. We were having some problem with pool and spa motor during your stay. However it has been fixed now and is very clean.
We truly appreciate your feedback.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Waldorf? Share your experiences!