“Staff was excellent...I never had a problem there.” 4 of 5 stars

Master Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2228 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, MD 20601   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
La Plata, Maryland, United States
“Staff was excellent...I never had a problem there.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I think the hotel is a good fit for the area. I personally have not had a problem there. As a traveling nurse I have stayed there for the in both 2011 and 2012 for several months each. The maid service was prompt and eager to keep my room clean and stocked with fresh linen.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

MUSKY, OLD, terrible beds and terrible service. the best thing that I can say about this place is: it had cable. the carpet looks like it's been there since 72, the sweaty moldy smell was unbearable. the lobby smelled like a wet dog and the lobby bathroom had lotion, shower gel and personal items in it, did i mention there was no shower. the exercise room looked like the set from Olivia Newton John's "let's get physical" beyond outdated. the hallways were dark, there was garbage bags stacked outside of the door like someone was living there. RUN PEOPLE.

this place should be closed. It makes the Bates motel look like the hilton.

Room Tip: TIP: bring lysol, air freshener, or any kind of antibacterial products.. better yet run.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

When we checked in, we were told by the front desk clerk, that they had a single room available, after charging my credit card, she then said they only had doubles available and she would charge us for a single. When we got to the room, the door had a wet paint sign on it. The room had only one bed in it not too. It was supposed to be a non smoking room, however, the room smelled of cigarette smoke, and there were ash trays on the tables. When we called the desik to complain, the clerk was rude, denying that it was a smoking room.The room had several white touch up paint marks on the walls, it was filthy!!, There was a hole in the bathroom door, the closet door was missing a knob. There was a hand towel on the floor as a shower mat. One of the lights in the bedroom had several cracks in the glass cover. There was dust and spider webs all over the walls, cream like stains on the floor and on the wall, the air conditioner filter was caked with dust. NEVER STAY THERE!!!!

Room Tip: Never stay in room 333
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have now stayed at the master suites in waldorf 4 times. The staff is excellent. The rooms are large and newly remodled. New furniture. Would highly recommend. The owner is extremly friendly and helpful. Very quite and secure. I am working in the area and have returned 4 times.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel every week for business and am constantly looking for a hotel that is comfortable, clean and easily accessible to local restaurants. Master Suites has met all of my expectations when it comes to customer service. From the moment I checked in I was greeted by a friendly staff whose utlimate concern was making my stay comfortable as possible. The room I stayed in was newly renovated with LCD TVs and very spacious. I loved the full size kitchen with stainless steel appliances. For all the amenities offered, you can't beat the price!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Do NOT go here. It's a slum for one. Our sofa and chair were dirty and ripped, not small rips, like gashes and a foot long hole in the chair side. The smell is horrible. our coffee table had 3 working legs, the 4th kept falling off. I bought sheets to put over all the furniture before sitting down, it was that gross in there. I even bought a cheap beset from walmart because I didn't trust theirs was bug-free. The bed was like sleeping on the floor, hard as a rock. The GM screamed at me when I walked into the office and I hadn't been there 10 hours. He yelled at me for cleaning up after my dog when my dog had gone once since being there and I cleaned it up promptly. I tried telling him that but he just kept screaming at me. He is rude and no one should ever have to be treated like that. Stay anywhere else but here. We paid for a week and left after 11 hours. The ladies that work there are nice, but I will never put my hard earned money in a place with a manager as rude as him.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This extended stay was great! My boyfriend and I just moved to Maryland and we needed a place to stay while we looked for a house. These rooms were very clean. They had a nice remodeled kitchenet and bathroom. The manager and the staff are very nice and courteous. We researched all the hotels and extended stays in the area and this one beat them all on price. We really lucked out finding this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Master Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!