“A hotel that lives up to its low rates” 2 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Certificate of Excellence 2014
USA
“A hotel that lives up to its low rates”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I frequent a lot of Hilton properties, and this is one I couldn't wait to leave. While it is true that they have a good rate for the DC area, next time I will pay more and stay in a less convenient location just to try something else. My biggest peeve (and one that obviously not all people will share) is the incredible way the smokers have 'left their mark' on the property -- it is like walking into an old chain-smoker's home and instantly feeling like everything you own is being penetrated with stale aftersmoke. This was a huge put-off for me, and next time I'll look for a hotel with a smoke-free policy.
The quality and selection of breakfast was as lackluster as I've ever had at a Hampton Inn, and all of the utilities in my room seemed to have slight maintenance quirks (the toilet didn't flush properly, the sink didn't drain properly, the showerhead definitely didn't work properly) which individually might have seemed insignificant but added together made for an annoying stay.

The hotel staff were very friendly and professional and the maid service did their duty well, so I certainly have no beef with the personnel -- it just seems as though the property is a bit worse for wear.

Room Tip: If you're not a smoker, definitely avoid the third floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize that your stay was not what you would have expected from a Hamtpon inn. I would also like to thank you for giving us this feedback. We always appreciate any and all comments any of our guests have to give. We appreciate the comments that will help us to improve our service and understand our guests needs. The staff here truly does care about our guests, and we are always looking for new ways to impress them.
We hope that you do decide to stay with us again in the future to give us a chance to change your mind about our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

While on business three weeks in a row, I was pleasantly greeted and recognized the following weeks. I don't think I met a staff member who wasn't cordial. Check in was a breeze. Continental breakfast was great and varied the eggs daily. Plenty to chose from. Warm cookies in the lobby when we got home from work. The rooms were double queens with a bathroom larger than both mine at home. Sheets and duvet covers were changed daily. They even folded a couple of clothes and stacked them neatly on my bed. They left a bag of toiletries , towels and wash clothes outside my door when I had the do not disturb sign up. This was one of the best trip yet. Thanks to the staff for all you do to make us comfortable. Dave.

Room Tip: Pulled up Hampton inn Waldorf on my google maps and navigated directly to it. I had to make several...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel during the weeks you had to be in the area for business. We hope you stay with us again in the future.
We strive to make our guests feel as if our hotel is a "home away from home".
Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Welcome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

They usually have you set up and your room ready for you. They can change your room if its not as you requested in no time. They are friendly and very quick with check in and check out. But they also seem to help with any questions as well. I have stayed there a few times and never had any complaints for them yet. I would definitly stay there again whenever its needed.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a couch in it so you have extra room to sit and relax.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased to have such a loyal guest. We understand that most people coming from out of town have been traveling longer than they would like to. So we do our best to make the check in process quick and easy for our guests.
We can't wait to see you again!
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed for 5 days and can not say enough about this Hampton. Employee's were friendly and went above and beyond everyday. The room was clean and roomy. The breakfast had a very wide variety and was tasty.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in the area. Our staff is very dedicated to making every stay a great one. Getting such positive feedback is what keeps our team motivated.
We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn several times, as in "more than 10." The stays have been excellent. The staff has always been excellent, no matter my time of arrival. I've always had a clean, comfortable room, bed and bath. Love the breakfast. Excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: Get there EARLY if you want a room on a weekend.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are so glad to have such a loyal guest! Thank you for choosing to stay with us anytime you are in the area. Our staff here is dedicated to making every stay a memorable one for all of our guests. We take great pride in the work we do and pay close attention to detail in every guest room, as well as the common areas of the hotel.
Once again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn, Waldorf when you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you next time!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I travel great distances to visit customers often on very short notice , I get in late and there is nothing like being welcomed and having your room correct when I arrive .

I am pleased with the customer care and attention to detail

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor! We are honored that you select our property when you visit the area. We work hard to make sure everything is just right with each and every one of our guests. Attention to detail is something we discuss everyday in our morning huddles. Thank you for being our guest and as always we love having you here! See you the next time you are in town!
Waldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It's always nice to get a great deal and when the accommodations match the deal, you say to yourself "I would definitely stay here again." The staff was friendly, the rooms clean, the location perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hampton Inn Waldorf? Share your experiences!