“Great Except...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Except...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Welcome and check in was GREAT!

Breakfast and staff were GREAT!

The mattress, well that SUCKED! I felt like I was stuck down in a hole and couldn't climb out to get to the other side of the bed. Then I realized it was just a mattress on a platform.

Need to update the mattresses...

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Waldorf Hilton Garden Inn for a night away from the chaos of teenagers and a parent living with us. It was a wonderfully relaxing time and we felt very pampered by the hotel staff. Every staff member we saw had a smile on their face, greeted us warmly and offered to help. We had dinner out but came back to the hotel bar for a few drinks. Rather than sit at the bar we took our drinks out into the lovely, spacious atrium. We sat on a comfy couch and watched TV by the fireplace. After a few minutes the server from the bar even came over and asked if we would like another round. It was a nice touch. Next time we have to escape for some time alone we will definitely come back to this hotel!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our otherwise decent stay was marred by the failure of housekeeping to service our room. Not once, but twice! When we notified the front desk, each time we were asked whether we had posted the Do Not Disturb sign, which we had not. On the second occasion, not satisfied with my answer, the staff person pressed me multiple times as if he didn't believe me. Please make sure rooms are clean. If guests complain, help them!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Verna,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am very sorry for the lack of service provided from our housekeeping department. Clearly there was a breakdown in communication for which is inexcusable. I am following up with our housekeeping department to see what happened with your room. You are exactly right our job is exceed your expectations and provide excellent service at all times. Please feel free to contact me directly to speak further about your stay and allow me the opportunity to make it right. Thanks very much.

240-222-0000
Hollywood, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

I know I am late in getting around to this... however, I would like to give this hotel a great rating due to the following staff members... CJ, Gary, and Andrea! Both of our last two stays have been incredible due to the service you provide. I also have to know that check-in couldn't be any better with the humor added by CJ and Gary. They appear to love their jobs and I just wanted it to be noted in a Trip Advisor review! I hope the management team knows what a great staff they have in the areas noted!

The downfall was the waiter in the dining area. We were asked if we wanted coffee and water... he never brought it so I visited the self-serve coffee area to get ours. He brought half of what I ordered for breakfast and thought nothing of it when I walked past him to go to the self-serve hot food area, to get the rest of the items I had initially asked for. Recommend he go back for more training! The restaurant only had a couple of people in it, so there really was no excuse.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, December 23, 2014
Dear drp20657,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Even more so I am happy to read the wonderful comments about Andrea, Gary and C.J. I will certainly be sure to share this with them!

I'm sorry your breakfast experience was not what you've come to expect and certainly not the excellent service we strive to provide daily. I will be sure to follow up this individual to ensure he understands what is expected of him. Than you again and I truly hope we'll see you soon in the future

Ocean City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Typical hotel stay and almost met my expectations with the exception of the bar tender. She was slow, inexperienced and lacked the proper social skills for the position. I ordered a Caesar Salad and the manager came by to ask her if she offer to refill my beverage. She said no, because he went to Rome. The correlation between a salad, place an proper service was different/weird. When I asked for my first beverage she seemed confused.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

I was very dissappointed with my visit to the Hilton. My husbands christmas party was being held there. First when I checked in the women at the front desk was checking my friend and myself in. She had told us that there needed to be a credit card on file to get the room. So I gave her my debit card at no point during our conversation did she tell me that $50 for each room would be deducted off my card and held. So because I was unaware of that I put my card on file for mine and my friends room. After she slid the card twice she then proceeded to tell me. If I would have known that prior I would have put another card on file. Then there was an open bar at the party that the bartenders from the hotel served at. I ordered numerous different types of drinks, that I know the ingredients for, and none were made correctly. They were all just full of random alcohol, they tasted so bad I couldnt even drink any of them. On top of everything the two ladies bartending were very rude the entire night and I felt like they didnt want to make any drinks at all. I then called up to the hotel after the party and spoke with the general manager about some of my issues and he did apologize but he kept insisting that his employees did nothing wrong. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, December 21, 2014
Dear Bob S,

Thanks for taking time to write about your experience with us as it’s extremely important to me that I fully understand our guests’ experience. I certainly remember speaking with you and explaining the credit card authorization hold placed on all guests accounts upon checking in. I apologized if it wasn’t made clear at the time of checking in but assured you it would be realized by your banking institution very shortly.

Furthermore I indicated to you I was at the bar the majority of the evening and our bartender who typically works holiday events is very seasoned and warm. I apologize if you did not feel this way.

You did not indicate to me that drinks were not made properly and if that’s the case I will be sure our bartenders receive some drink mixing training to ensure they are made properly as they should taste as you’d expect.
I truly hope you enjoyed your holiday party as you did say to me when we spoke. Thank you again for your feedback.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

Hotel was clean and in a nice location, however the amount we paid to book here was ridiculous especially seeing as though the room had ZERO ammenties (not even a bottle of water) Overall stay was average. Hotel room was small, breakfast was awesome.

Served it's purpose for the night, but not somewhere I'd be anxious to book again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Dear Monique,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I'm sorry you felt what you paid to stay here was not as high of value as you expected. Although we don't stock the rooms with bottles of water you will find an iron and iron board, microwave, refridgerator and the Hilton Garden Inn exclusive Keurig coffee maker in each and every room. If you are a Hilton Honors member you would recieve two complimentary bottles of water upon checking in.

We hope you'll consider staying with us again and allowing us another opportunity to wow you.

Sincerly,
Anthony McKitrick

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf? Share your experiences!