“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Chestertown, Maryland
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I will get right to the point. This is a wonderful hotel. I had booked (or thought I had) a room for my stay. While checking in at the desk, it was discovered I booked the room for the night before, not the day I needed it (stupid me!) So, I'm standing there feeling 6 inches tall when the service rep, "Kelsy" tells me, it will be ok. They can take care of it. Kelsy was amazing and so friendly, as was the manager who I met a few times in passing. When I got to my room, I noticed it was by the ice machine and elevator. I always ask to be away from these areas when I reserve a room but since I messed that up, I really couldn't say too much. However, even though my room was right beside the elevator, I never heard anything. Also, the ice machine is in a separate room, where you have to go thru a door to get to it, so guess what...Everyone doesn't hear it. Nicely done. The room was very spacious as my wife and I both had a lot of "gear" for the trip we were on. The bathroom was really nice with a walk in shower with a glass door, not a shower curtain. The room was clean and inviting. I saw several hotel staff who ALWAYS stopped to say hello. Many of the staff were doing touch up preventative maintenance painting things. Just shows the hotel takes care of itself. I had a good night sleep. I heard a group of kids run down the hall one or twice but nothing to be concerned with. All noise ceased by about 10 pm. For breakfast I decided to go see what the "rude restaurant staff" thing was all about...Can't figure that out either because they were some of the most attentive polite ladies I have seen. They went out of their way to talk to everyone, greet them, welcome them," yas maam, no sir, thank you etc." It was better then most restaurant chains. Food was good as well. This hotel is a kepper and we will be back. Awesome job. thx.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Stickman9

Thanks so much for writing about your experience and all the wonderfull staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf. We all sincerely enjoy taking care of our guests and it's wonderful to read about when we've succeeded. We really hope you'll be joining us again in the future when you're back in Maryland. Hopefully this time I'll get to meet you too!

Anthony McKitrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Reported the dining area to the front desk and the staff were aware of the rudeness in the dining area. During dinner, were wait at least 10 minutes before I approached the server to ask were we going to be waited on. Then we were informed that they had no knifes, and only one menus. The glasses that our drinks were served in were cracked. Overall dining problems period during Breakfast and Dinner were my biggest issue. Upon arrival, we were never greeted by the front desk staff after waiting at least 15 minutes to be served. This is the worst Hilton that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Pamelaw620,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Needless to say I am extremely uncomfortable reading your comments. This is certainly not the norm here at the Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf and I would love the opportunity to invite you back so we may show you how outstanding we really are on a daily basis. Pleaes contact me at your convenience. Thanks again.

240-222-0000
New Market MD, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel kicked us out of our Fri nite rooms for wedding on Saturday. Diasterous for preparations for wedding like hair styling,makeup and plain relaxing before big event. We had to stay at another hotel and wedding party had to rush back and get ready in a board room instead the comfort of the suites we lost.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Elaine,

I am truly sorry for the experience you and your guests had. Preparig for a big wedding day is very stressful and we did absolutly everything we could to make that as stress free and comfortable as possible to make up for your relocation. The complimentary use of our larger boardroom, complimentary appetizers, accomodating nearly every guest for an early arrival and keeping the bar open 4 hours later than usual after the wedding seemed to be very well receieved by the wedding party. Thank you for staying with us and we are all sincerely sorry for the inconveniences that may have been caused.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Better than I expected, large clean rooms with snuggly beds. Airy, appealing modern decor and amazing staff! The young man at the front desk would give you the shirt off his back if you asked. The girls who run the bar and buffet in the lobby are hardworking and efficient. It's nice to have a clean buffet right there in the hotel! Maintenance was fast and friendly. Worth the $$!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Katlannom,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It warms my heart to read your words about our front desk person Barish. We hope to be your home away from home next time you're visiting Waldorf. Thanks again

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the entrance in the very nice atrium area, to the friendly staff, very clean rooms and delicious breakfast (purchased). We were very pleased. There was a very large 200+ family reunion staying at the same time. I was surprised that we did not have to wait for breakfast service in the morning. We had 2 queen beds, clean, loved the Kuerig in the room. One of our beds was a bit squeaky, but otherwise comfortable. I would recommend any one to this hotel if they are in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, no noise issues at all.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear PeacefulSpirit4

I'm very glad to hear that you pleasantly enjoyed your stay with us! we take pride in providing excellent service to each and every guest...even if your not with a family reunion of course! We are lucky to be the only brand to have the Keurig coffee makers in all of our guest rooms worldwide! I'm glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to serving you again soon!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have heard unfavorable things about this property, but I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service. It was what I have come to expect. I'm sure I will be staying at this property again, and I will share my experience with others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Stacey L,

I am very glad to hear you had a great stay with us! I am not sure what you have heard but we always consistently strive to provide the best service and accommodations and I am glad to hear we did so. We hope to see you again soon!

Benton, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Room was great, no complaints there. Never waited on in the breakfast area, totally ignored or rather discriminated against. Been to over 50 hilton properties and this one had the lousiest customer service by far. I used my points so the room was free but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A disgrace to the chain.

Room Tip: Drive to another location.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very sorry you felt discriminated against while staying with us. We only strive to provide a warm and welcoming environment to ALL of our guests and it disheartens me to read your comments. As a General Manager I would never tolerate any employee intentionally treating anybody differently. I can assure you our staff is well trained and held accountable for their actions.

I truly hope you'll allow us the opportunity to show you the type of service we truly provide. Thank you again.

Anthony McKitrick

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf? Share your experiences!