I am a software engineer and a consultant who traveling every week and have a platinum status with Marriott. I stayed this hotel from 2013 Feb 24 to Feb 28 at residence inn at Waldorf, MD. After 4 days of stay I checked out on last Thursday (02/28/2013) and received an email from the hotel manager on the same day that we charged you $250.00 for you smoking in the room.
I know that Marriott is a smoke free hotel and I don't smoke at all. They have sent 5 pictures of cigar ashes in the room where I stayed. I call the hotel manager and tried to explain my innocence but he didn't take it. I have called the Marriott customer relation department and explained the concern but no replay from them.
I took a drug test (for all drugs plus nicotine) on the next day to prove my innocence since they provided the false evidence of pictures. If someone smokes, we can find it from a drug test (from urine or blood) within 2 to 14 days. Today I have received the result of my nicotine use drug test and it is negative.
When I checked in the hotel, there was a little smell but i didn't able to recognize since I was under medication for the sinus infection (I do have proof for the medication). The hotel may recognize the same smell after I checked out but they need evidence for charging me $250, so that’s why they may put the ashes in the room and took the pictures for the evidence for charging me $250. My concern is I am not a smoker, I didn’t violate their policy and I got charged for the mistake that I never I did it. They were created these false evidences and charged these fees are not acceptable.
So please verify everything with the front desk before you check out otherwise you will see some surprise from this hotel soon.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Waldorf Hotel Waldorf
- Residence Inn By Marriott Waldorf Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf is an all suites hotel ideally located in the heart of Waldorf, Maryland near Washington D.C., Andrews Air Force Base, Indian Head NAVSEA and Dahlgren, VA. The hotel was designed for the business traveler and relocating guests. Our studio, 1 and 2 bedroom suites offer fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas and work desk with free high speed internet access. In addition, Residence Inn Waldorf serves a complimentary, hot breakfast buffet daily and offers nightly social hours Monday to Wednesday. Come feel at home at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.