“Beware about Marrioot Residence Inn, Waldorf MD” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Chicago, Illinois
“Beware about Marrioot Residence Inn, Waldorf MD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am a software engineer and a consultant who traveling every week and have a platinum status with Marriott. I stayed this hotel from 2013 Feb 24 to Feb 28 at residence inn at Waldorf, MD. After 4 days of stay I checked out on last Thursday (02/28/2013) and received an email from the hotel manager on the same day that we charged you $250.00 for you smoking in the room.
I know that Marriott is a smoke free hotel and I don't smoke at all. They have sent 5 pictures of cigar ashes in the room where I stayed. I call the hotel manager and tried to explain my innocence but he didn't take it. I have called the Marriott customer relation department and explained the concern but no replay from them.

I took a drug test (for all drugs plus nicotine) on the next day to prove my innocence since they provided the false evidence of pictures. If someone smokes, we can find it from a drug test (from urine or blood) within 2 to 14 days. Today I have received the result of my nicotine use drug test and it is negative.

When I checked in the hotel, there was a little smell but i didn't able to recognize since I was under medication for the sinus infection (I do have proof for the medication). The hotel may recognize the same smell after I checked out but they need evidence for charging me $250, so that’s why they may put the ashes in the room and took the pictures for the evidence for charging me $250. My concern is I am not a smoker, I didn’t violate their policy and I got charged for the mistake that I never I did it. They were created these false evidences and charged these fees are not acceptable.

So please verify everything with the front desk before you check out otherwise you will see some surprise from this hotel soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for its proximity to Upper Marlboro. This hotel had many stores and restaurants around it. The rooms were spacious, because they are suites. Very clean. They serve a hot continental breakfast. The eggs...well I didn't really like them. However, I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. If you want to venture into DC, it's about a 40 minute drive. However, it's an "easy" 40 minutes. If you want to hit the casino, Maryland Live, it's about a 50 minute drive. The drive isn't bad at all. Free parking!!! That's sometimes a rarity in the DC/MD area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I found the hotel and staff to be adequate, but if you are a business traveler, this may not be the best hotel for your needs. I've stayed here twice and both times found there to be many families (w/children) living in the hotel temporarily. This sometimes causes an issue when it comes to using the guest computer or finding seating in the breakfast area. Also, the noise level from kid play and chatter can get a bit high in the evenings.

If you're looking for a quite business atmosphere, this might not be the hotel for your needs. It is close to eats, shopping, gas and hwys.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not more than adequate. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority.

Residence Inn by Marriott is designed not only for business travelers, but also for extended stay guests such as families who are relocating to or from the area.

Please feel free to contact our Management Team, should you travel to the Waldorf area again, so that we may personally ensure you have a more enjoyable stay.

Tonya D. Mickey
Director of Sales
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed for one night on our way to Florida. Travel with pets and they gave us an end room suite with easy access to the pet walk area. The suite was very clean, up to my very high standards. The breakfast in the am was good. We took muffins, coffee, fruit and yogurt for the ride. Their coffee is excellent! The front desk was very professional. Definitely would stay here again. The area has many stores and restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf. Our associates strive to make your stay feel like a home away from home.

We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of the feedback.

If you are in the southern Maryland area in the future, please come again.

Residence Inn Waldorf
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on two previous occasions and it was wonderful, which is why I chose it, and boy have I been disappointed. Don't know what they did to the bed but it's like a rock, in fact so much so that I've been sleeping on the tiny sofa because at least my bones don't hurt in the morning. Needless to say, not getting much sleep.

My profile is for a high floor for exactly the reason that I'm suffering through right now. Kids should NEVER be above people without kids. The kids running back and forth late into the night drives me crazy. I know they're in a hotel but take them out to wear off that energy without disturbing people.

Let's talk about the dog that was across the hallway. I felt so bad for the little guy but he/she would bark and scratch the door when it heard anybody. I think it had separation anxiety and there was nothing I could do except listen to it. I mean I would call the front desk but that poor dog was left alone far too much.

The staff was hit or miss. At 5:00 AM she was downright nasty for no reason at all. I won't move now because I have to much stuff but will I stay here again in a few weeks when I return? There is no way in hell that I would stay here again. I can deal with the apathetic staff, the kids running around all day long, the barking dog, but I can't deal with a bed that is too uncomfortable to sleep in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We appreciate all feedback so that we may continue provide excellent service to all of our guests. Our managers and staff welcome the chance to correct issues as they happen and we will do everything we can to provide a comfortable stay for all guests.
Management
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would definitely stay at this Residence Inn again! The staff was great and the rooms were also. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The only thing that I thought needed a little improvement was the breakfast, but it served its purpose none-the-less. Otherwise, nothing but good things to say about my stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. Residence Inn Waldorf strives to make our guests feel at home. With this focus, we welcome any feedback on ways to improve our breakfast buffet.

We hope you will return again and again.

Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf
Upper Marlboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have frequented this hotel numerous times - always great service from the staff; always CLEAN accommodations; always clean Lobby, floors, elevators, parking lot, pool area, etc. -- consistently excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf? Share your experiences!