“Consistent, Reliable-Quality RI; 50-Min. to Washington National Airport (DCA)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
Baltimore, Maryland
“Consistent, Reliable-Quality RI; 50-Min. to Washington National Airport (DCA)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Four-story Residence Inn (RI) -- under 100 suites – by shopping center:

• Clean, modern burgundy décor & furnishings.

• Comfortable, spacious 1-bedroom suite with all RI amenities.

• Standard, hearty RI breakfasts & evening social fare (Mon., Tue., Wed.). *Convenient* if you're busy & haven't time or energy to prepare food in kitchenette. (Always hope for additional healthy choices: Greek yogurt, whole grain breads, & greater assortment of fresh fruit -- especially for repeat or long stays.)

• For evenings when food isn’t served at RI, numerous eateries nearby. Call-in order & pickup on your way home from a day’s activities. Approximately 5-10 minute drive to eateries on Crain Highway (US 301):
 -- Chipotle Mexican  (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km)
 -- Outback Steakhouse  (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km)
 -- Carrabba's Italian  (2.5 mi./ 4 km)

• For longer stays, if you’ve time & inclination to prepare meals in your furnished kitchenette, it’s about a 5-minute drive to groceries:
 -- Safeway (on 3051 Waldorf Pazza Dr.) -- 0.6 mi./ .96 km
 -- Giant Food (on 3297 Crain Hwy) -- 1.5 mi./ 2.4 km
 -- Target (on 3300 Western Pkwy) -- 1.5 mi./ 2.4 km
 -- Walmart (on 11930 Acton Lane) -- 2 mi./ 3.2 km

Niceties:

• Free internet/WiFi.

• Two computers & printer in seated area by lobby/ gatehouse to print documents & boarding passes.

• Laundry with enough washers & dryers to avoid waiting for a machine to be available.

• Free on-site self-parking.

• Smaller exercise room (with modern equipment) is a good alternative to trying to stroll in sidewalk-unfriendly area -- making after-dinner walks uninviting.

Approximate 50-min. drive -- depending on traffic -- (25 mi./ 40 km) to:

• Washington National Airport (DCA).

• DC, Washington Mall, Smithsonian Museums, Memorials, Sightseeing.

Comfortable short- or long-term stay whether traveling with family, as a couple, or alone on business. You won't be disappointed.  (Ideal for business traveler -- not as holiday destination.)

• Stayed October 2011

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn for two nights June 21 and 22 for personal leisure. We stayed at this property two years ago when attending a friend's wedding. We liked the area and the hotel so much, we decided to go back just for a brief getaway. I guess that says something in itself.

The property is less than 3 years old, so most everything is new and in very good condition. The hotel is located in a still-developing mixed-use technology park with shopping (a CVS drug store so far) and a low-rise office building behind the hotel with tech sector companies.

Upon check-in, we were greeted with smiling faces and a plate of chocolate chip cookies - a nice touch my wife loved! I booked the one bedroom suite with a fireplace. The suite featured a well-appointed kitchen, a dining area, a work desk, a living room with a sleeper sofa, a flat-panel TV above the gas-powered fireplace. A door separates the living/dining/kitchen area from the rest of the suite. Behind this door is a large, open area that contains a closet, a sink/vanity, the electrical panel, the bathroom (which contains the toilet and the tub/shower, which is behind another door), and behind still another door is the bedroom. The bedroom contains another closet and dresser drawers. There is also another flat-panel TV in the bedroom. There is a single bedside table and a nightstand with a clock radio. The lamps are mounted on the wall on either side of the bed. There is a large lamp on the dresser top as well. The windows do open slightly. Each room has complimentary wireless and wired Internet access.

There is a outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool, an indoor exercise room and a guest-operated laundry. A hot Breakfast is served every morning from 6:30 to 9:30 Monday to Friday and 7:00 to 10:00 on weekends. There is a wide variety of breakfast items, from hot sausage and eggs to fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. There is a waffle maker for your use also, as well as hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. A staple at Residence Inns and Courtyards are the Pantry - operated 24-hours a day with snacks and beverages. Monday through Wednesday the hotel hosts a manager's social with free food.

Each room is equipped with a coffee maker, coffee packs and a pack of microwave popcorn. You can make up a grocery list, submit it to the front desk by 9 AM and get your groceries delivered to your room later in the day. We didn't take advantage of that service. The hotel is designed for extended stays, so it does its best to become a home-away-from-home. One woman I met stated she had been there for ten (10) months.

There are scores of places to eat nearby. However, due to the sub-suburban nature of the area, you really need a car. We did not have a car, but, we were able to get across the busy highway to the Waldorf Marketplace Mall. There is also a mall across Festival Road just east of the hotel, where are still more places to shop and eat. Included in each room is a booklet from an online delivery service where you can order a meal for delivery either on the phone or online. You would need your own computer or mobile device to make use of the online ordering. I did order dinner Friday evening - a thunderstorm came up and didn’t want to get wet going out. We could have cooked a complete dinner in the really nice kitchen but I was just too lazy to do any cooking.

The only negative I would add is there is just one (1) elevator that both staff and guests use. There is a front door used by hotel guests and a rear door for hotel staff. So in the mornings, you have to wait a while for the elevator. Since the hotel is only four stories tall, I often opted to take the stairs to the lobby.

I highly recommend this Marriott property although, next time, I think I'll rent a car!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites with fireplaces seem to be located in the corners of the hotel, away from oth...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although we're frequent Marriott customers, this was our first time staying at a Residence Inn. Let me just say that it won't be our last!

We arrived at 3 a.m. and the night auditor was working the desk. She was VERY nice! She told us where everything was and what events and activities were going on at the hotel.

The rooms are clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. Housekeeping does a great job cleaning every morning and even checks back with you later to make sure they did a good job.
Breakfast was great. I expected a hot continential breakfast...boy was I wrong. It was a nice hot, full breakfast with a variety of good choices each day. The employees kept the food coming and it was always hot. The breakfast area was clean and free of dirty dishes. The waffle maker was a hit and the hot coffee and flavored creams and variety of teas was an added bonus.

We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean...although very small. My kids used the basketball court and loved it.

The exterior of the hotel was nicely kept, but the parking lot is a bit small. There didn't seem to be a great amount of spaces and the layout was abnormal.

Overall, when visiting my family in the area, We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
RIWaldorf, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff, we thank you for staying with Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf and taking the time to leave a comments. Our staff enjoys serving all our guests and reading the wonderful comments such as yours. Please stay with us again and again.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel has everything you need for an extended stay or a short stay with a family! I stayed for about a week and the service was great except for a glich with my credit card which they quicky fixed and compensated me nicely for my inconvenience (Im a rewards member) also they had an issue with the elevators while I was there but it was fixed the same day! Another great Marriott experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DCJim1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very very nice. Great patio and pool area with hot tub. Great hot morning breakfest.....lobby coffee around the clock. They have free food outside just about every night.....simple stuff like hot dogs and beans, chips and burgers, but it's a nice touch. The staff here is very nice. I'm retired military and get a military discount all the time and I'm not treated any differnently then anyone else who may be paying $60-70 more. I'm an average guy who doesn't think the world revolves around me; I do not have an over exaggerated sense of entitlement that lots of people seem to have now days....not sure where that comes from. I appreciate the basics and I've stayed here a few times.....they go way beyond the basics and are top notch. No other way to put it. Beautiful lobby, ATM on site.

Room Tip: They have good elevators so ask for a top floor....you get a great view; less noise and traffic than...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stopped at this Residence Inn on a trip last week. While checking in I requested a ground floor room and was advised there weren't any although my profile with Marriott states otherwise. Instead of the ground floor I was placed on the top floor. As soon as the desk clerk discovered that I was using points to stay, his whole attitude changed for the worse. The clerk handed me a piece of paper which stated that I would be personaly responsible to stolen towels. I spent 90 nights in Marriotts last year and this is the first time I have been insuled in this manner. Looking around at the clientle I can understand why. The person next to me was checking in and paying cash so I don't know how they expected to hold her responsible for anything. Anyway, while retrieving a luggage cart I overheard the desk clerk asking someone on the phone if they still wanted a ground floor unit because they had one available. Needless to say it must also have been available when I checked in. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, the experience last year was just as bad. I hope the staff took a picture of me because it will be the last time they see me. I sent Marriott a complaint last year and apparently they are satisfied with the way this place is operated. I would suggest the Hampton Inn which is about 1 1/2 miles south of this place.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was a little hard to find because it was off the main road, so we took a few wrong turns trying to get to it. Otherwise, it was great. Great service and amenities. Our room was super clean, the bed was comfortable, the kitchen area was clean and organized, there were additional sheets and blankets in the closet for our use. The complimentary breakfast was great. I was expecting a couple of bagles, toast, cereal, and fruit. But there was also eggs, sausage, sliders, waffles, and yogurt. Very good.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf? Share your experiences!