“Avoid if you DON'T want excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Alabama
“Avoid if you DON'T want excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although we're frequent Marriott customers, this was our first time staying at a Residence Inn. Let me just say that it won't be our last!

We arrived at 3 a.m. and the night auditor was working the desk. She was VERY nice! She told us where everything was and what events and activities were going on at the hotel.

The rooms are clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. Housekeeping does a great job cleaning every morning and even checks back with you later to make sure they did a good job.
Breakfast was great. I expected a hot continential breakfast...boy was I wrong. It was a nice hot, full breakfast with a variety of good choices each day. The employees kept the food coming and it was always hot. The breakfast area was clean and free of dirty dishes. The waffle maker was a hit and the hot coffee and flavored creams and variety of teas was an added bonus.

We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean...although very small. My kids used the basketball court and loved it.

The exterior of the hotel was nicely kept, but the parking lot is a bit small. There didn't seem to be a great amount of spaces and the layout was abnormal.

Overall, when visiting my family in the area, We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
RIWaldorf, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff, we thank you for staying with Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf and taking the time to leave a comments. Our staff enjoys serving all our guests and reading the wonderful comments such as yours. Please stay with us again and again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel has everything you need for an extended stay or a short stay with a family! I stayed for about a week and the service was great except for a glich with my credit card which they quicky fixed and compensated me nicely for my inconvenience (Im a rewards member) also they had an issue with the elevators while I was there but it was fixed the same day! Another great Marriott experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DCJim1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very very nice. Great patio and pool area with hot tub. Great hot morning breakfest.....lobby coffee around the clock. They have free food outside just about every night.....simple stuff like hot dogs and beans, chips and burgers, but it's a nice touch. The staff here is very nice. I'm retired military and get a military discount all the time and I'm not treated any differnently then anyone else who may be paying $60-70 more. I'm an average guy who doesn't think the world revolves around me; I do not have an over exaggerated sense of entitlement that lots of people seem to have now days....not sure where that comes from. I appreciate the basics and I've stayed here a few times.....they go way beyond the basics and are top notch. No other way to put it. Beautiful lobby, ATM on site.

Room Tip: They have good elevators so ask for a top floor....you get a great view; less noise and traffic than...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stopped at this Residence Inn on a trip last week. While checking in I requested a ground floor room and was advised there weren't any although my profile with Marriott states otherwise. Instead of the ground floor I was placed on the top floor. As soon as the desk clerk discovered that I was using points to stay, his whole attitude changed for the worse. The clerk handed me a piece of paper which stated that I would be personaly responsible to stolen towels. I spent 90 nights in Marriotts last year and this is the first time I have been insuled in this manner. Looking around at the clientle I can understand why. The person next to me was checking in and paying cash so I don't know how they expected to hold her responsible for anything. Anyway, while retrieving a luggage cart I overheard the desk clerk asking someone on the phone if they still wanted a ground floor unit because they had one available. Needless to say it must also have been available when I checked in. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, the experience last year was just as bad. I hope the staff took a picture of me because it will be the last time they see me. I sent Marriott a complaint last year and apparently they are satisfied with the way this place is operated. I would suggest the Hampton Inn which is about 1 1/2 miles south of this place.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was a little hard to find because it was off the main road, so we took a few wrong turns trying to get to it. Otherwise, it was great. Great service and amenities. Our room was super clean, the bed was comfortable, the kitchen area was clean and organized, there were additional sheets and blankets in the closet for our use. The complimentary breakfast was great. I was expecting a couple of bagles, toast, cereal, and fruit. But there was also eggs, sausage, sliders, waffles, and yogurt. Very good.

• Stayed June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed here on a b'ness trip and received a great corporate rate, otherwise I would have stayed at one of the other hotels in Waldorf. Check in was no problem. I arrived with no reservation but secured a room for the night. I needed two more nights and the front desk found a cancellation for both nights for me. They were very helpful. The room was great! Full refrig, small surface stovetop, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffee pot, plates, utensils...the works. The rooms was clean, fresh and comfortable. The AC was it's own unit with vents in the ceiling rather than a unit under a window that just had one vent. Flat screen TV and cable with about 20 channels including HBO.
Breakfast was wonderful. Eggs, sausage, bacon, and gravy and biscuits. There was fresh whole fruit, coffee, assorted breads, yogurt, cereals and oatmeal. They had USA Today and Wall Street Journal to read. The location was nice, off the main highway (I think that was RT 5). The hotel had a clean pool and a medium sized fitness room. Very nice. If you're in the area, it's a nice place to stay. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/WASWR-Residence-Inn-Waldorf

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. I love it! It's clean and the rooms are large. I consider the location excellent - plenty of stores and restaurants are nearby (less than a mile). I enjoy the breakfast, especially since they have my favorite - oatmeal, hot and creamy every morning !! They had the outdoor firepit lit for my group one night - very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for staying at Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf! We hope you return again soon! If there is anything you need during your stay, please let us know.

Tonya Mickey
Director of Sales
Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf? Share your experiences!