“Great accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Waldorf
Pennsylvania
“Great accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Liked this place a lot! We're in hotels 25 nights per month for work, and this ranks high among all we've visited. Our room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and lovely bedding; plenty of towels, too! Everything was so clean and housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a coffee maker, micro-fridge and couch which made our eight nights even easier. Lobby area appealed to me as a minimalist, with plenty of seating in breakfast area as well as couches and lounge chairs across the room. Pool looked inviting. Used guest laundry which worked very well (one on each of the two floors), and vending provided many selections. Breakfast items were what one would expect, efficiently attended and covering all the bases. I found the desk staff to be professional, concerned, efficient and welcoming at all times, on all days. Our only problem was with other guests: door slamming, loud voices in the halls at late hours, and rude parking (on two separate nights, three trucks consumed 12 parking spaces). As registration does not include vehicle information, desk staff had no way to control this. Parking was tight (we have a truck and work trailer). I also noted cigarette smoke coming from a guest room one evening (the towel stuffed under the door doesn't fool anyone, genius). When I reported this to the desk, the clerk said she would take care of that right away, and I believe she did. A take-charge person, for sure. It's otherwise a 100% smoke-free facility. We'll stay here again when we return next month,

Room Tip: Hotel sits back from a busy highway and intersection and backs up to housing; we noticed no noise ev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waynesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As a choice member, And people who travel for work approximately 350 days out of a year, we see good hotels and bad hotels. But so far, this one was the worst. The door didn't lock properly. The access door would not open with key t he whole 2 weeks we were there. We received a clean room and towels only on weekends when an outside contractor " their words" came in. What upset me the most was when I used their laundry room on first floor. After ruining a load of delicates, I set washer to cold water delicate, But realised to late that the hoses were backwards. And scalding HOT water ruined my clothes, the Manager politely said, " there's another laundry room on 2nd floor for your convenience." No I'm sorry this happened. No, I'm sorry $650.00 of your clothes are ruined. Nothing. Even when I requested they fix this so it didn't happen to anyone else, I was told No one else had complained. REALLY? Two days later, there was a major water leak on second floor which of course dripped through drop ceiling. We walked through water for days, and never saw anyone tryin to mop it up. I always try to see the good in everything. But this hotel has very little good. Very disappointed. Very poor management. Which is extremely odd for Comfort Inns. They are usually top notch. Not this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Scranton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying at this property to visit family in La Plata for about four years now. My most recent stay gave me the first glimpse of the newly renovated lobby which is quite an upgrade. The staff has always been helpful and though the rooms don't quite live up to the new, modern lobby, I'm sure that after their full renovation they will be top notch. I've had a few small issues in rooms to which the staff acted quickly, either fixing the problem or switching out to a different room. The breakfast is extensive and overall this hotel is a good value. It's my go-to when I'm in town visiting family and always my first suggestion to others traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staff was helpful and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was more than I expected. Only 2 complaints: 1. Furnishings and bed were nice and new looking but rug need replacing. It was ripped in one place and I almost tripped on it. 2. Pool was freezing cold. You would expect an indoor pool to be at least warm. It had to be about 70 degrees. Husband and I like to do laps in pools and it was too cold to do more than 2 laps. The reason I had picked this place was because of the pool. Weather had been nasty and I figured since they had a indoor pool we would be ok. Other than those 2 things we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Im a choice member at stay at a lot of comfort suites and this was my first time staying at this hotel, it was wonderful. The room was very clean and the staff was really helpful and friendly. Will be staying at this hotel when im in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Accokeek, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me my husband and my two children stayed at this hotel for a total of six nights & we loved it,everything was neat and in place,the staff all around the hotel were sooooo friendly and the manager was awesome,he always smiled & made us feel at home!! The rooms were very clean,the beds were comfortable. My kids went tothe pool everyday & loved it! Great hotel,we will defitnitley stay there more often!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way home. We booked 2 rooms for 2 adults, 6 kids. The rooms were dirty; the pool was dirty. The tv was broken in my room (and there were no options for new rooms or a new tv). I had concerns about a broken lock on the door as well.

Worst part was that I left my 2 year old's blanket that she sleeps with every night in the room. I left, realized it an hour into my trip home, and called the hotel. They left me on hold for 30 minutes, and then told me they found the blanket but couldn't send it (even though I said I would pay, of course). Only the manager could send on Monday, upon his return (it was Saturday). Monday I called and left a message and never got a call back. Tuesday I called (after days of listening to my child cry for her blanket) and left a message. I called BACK that night after not getting a call and they said they were looking for it and the manager was gone. This morning I got a call saying it was lost. They said they took lost and found seriously and would return even an earring back but they didn't have the blanket (clearly not as important as an earring back). This after I was told, on Saturday, that the blanket was found and in the girl's hands I was speaking to.

I called to complain and was told how awful it was and I could have 8000 points. This isn't enough for a night. This doesn't matter to me as I will NEVER stay at a choice hotel again. I am frustrated with the quality, with the lack of service, and most of all incredulous that they are lying about the blanket and have so little care for something so important.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!