“Know exactly what to expect” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Waldorf
Roanoke, Virginia
“Know exactly what to expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This Courtyard is conveniently located close to shopping and restaurants, and fits the bill exactly as planned for business or personal travel. Clean rooms, easy parking, no problems. It has a solid Internet connection.

Room Tip: They're all the same!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

To whom it may concern on July 16, 2013 approximately at 2:00am in Morning my Husband & was awakened by a strange man in our Room. Given the fact that the intruder had a key we were able to diffuse any speculation of ill intent on behalf of the intruder; however we are very discontent with the fact that not only our sleep was disturbed; but also our sense of Security at Marriott was violated. The Staff Member put the onus on housekeeping however, I find that dubious. I had just called the front desk for hypo-allergic pillows around 11pm and had my Husband to go and pick them up at the front desk. The Front Desk was fully aware of the preoccupation of our room 207. I find this level of substandard inexpiable. We feel sexually violated because we were nude and had to rebuttal with this intruder 2am in the morning over an invasion of our privacy. This level of incompetence should never ever be admissible. How is it possible to issue new guest card when a room is already booked? (Other than in emergency or lost card situations) That is a violation of safety and security. I am indecisive as to how I will be directing this unfortunate situation but I promise you…I will assure to do everything possible that this does not happen to any other guest!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was given the fact that we were evacuated from the Wyndham Vacation Resort at the National Harbor due to a water problem. Kudos to Ronie Pittman. She not only checked us in but was a most gracious hostess. She provided courteous, helpful service not only to us, but to all the customers. Her winning smile and helpful attitude added to the high quality of service extended to us during our stay. Thanks Ronie and thanks Marriott for an exceptional hotel and an outstanding employee..

Room Tip: The third floor was great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it.
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm a consultant and was on assignment near Waldorf. Came down Sun-Fri every week and was always greeted warmly and genuinely. Everyone was professional, yet very personable too. The hotel is well maintained - sure there's the occasional small item, but I've stayed in higher-end properties that were not nearly as well kept.

A big THANK YOU to Ronie at the front desk. I see she's been mentioned in other reviews and it's no wonder. She's just the most pleasant and energetic person.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor close to the kitchen - pretty noisy, especially in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly, courteous, and addressed issues promptly. On the other hand, they did cause, at least, one of the issues. When I reserved the room I reserved it as part of a group. Unfortunately, despite being a part of the group, my check-out date was a day earlier than anyone else's in the group. However, the issue was addressed and resolved without problems.
It was a pleasure to be there and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

After many conversations, and a call to corporate headquarters, I received a credit for the item that I left behind. (see my review Mar 2013) While a appreciate the refund, i still feel like the hotel thought I was lying and took the word of their employee over mine. I am in the hospitality business and yes, the customer is ALWAYS right.....even if you think they aren't. In the long run, what is keeping your clientele happy worth? 100 dollars? I would think so.
Other than this issue the hotel was fine.....your run of the mill Marriot....Garden Inn....what have you, they are all the same with the amenities. It is the STAFF that makes the difference. So no, I will not stay at this particular hotel again b/c I feel the staff 1: can't be trusted 2: lacks training in dealing with the customer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sterling, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hallways smelled a little like McDonalds, but the beds are wonderful and the Ronie at the front desk was the BEST! The bathrooms were very clean and organized. We even asked for more pillows and the front desk was more than happy to give us an extra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your free back in recognizing Mrs. Ronie for her hard work. We look forward to your next visit with us here at The Waldorf Courtyard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Waldorf? Share your experiences!