“Good as usual” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Waldorf
Kearny, NJ
“Good as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was attending a family function in the Waldorf area and stayed at this hotel because Marriott is usually a reliable brand. As usual, this Courtyard did not disappoint. It appeared to be a little bit older than some of the others, but I continue to enjoy these renovated Courtyard brand. The elevator was a little scary (because it lurched when starting or stopping) but other than that it was a good experience.

Room Tip: I try to never get a room on the first floor. A couple of hotels' reviews have suffered because...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at hotel in June while visiting family. was greeted by smiling,professional staff. decor of the hotel and rooms are modern and tasteful. bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had adequate space. amenities were standard. we had six hour power outage the first night was there. staff remained positive and professional. Location is not on the main road which makes it more peaceful but a little difficult to find Will stay here again

• Stayed June 2012
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed there for one night on 22 June. I arrived after 6 pm and it appeared the front desk clerk was swamped, however, it was a large family asking for directions. Before she could finish another guest rushed to the desk demanding more towels, another clerk came and assisted me at another station (very professional).

The room was very different, the first thing that stood out was the bed facing the windows and it appeared it would be impossible to watch TV in bed. However, the TV slides out and swivels which solves that problem. The room had a sofa-bed, mini-fridge and microwave, and a computer desk with chair.

The property is very clean and well maintained. It is located in a shopping district with many restaurants close by. It has an outdoor lounge with various types of seating. The gym has 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and dumb bells. There is a small indoor pool, Bistro and a Market that is well stocked with snacks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a good hotel at a reasonable price. Check-in was quick and the staff are extremely nice. The room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was quick to respond to my request for additional clean towels. We did not spend much time at the hotel, so we did not try the cafe in the lobby. The bed was comfortable. The wifi worked well. The towels are a little thin. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay here again when in the area visiting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked the Courtyard by Marriott through Hotels.com and got a great rate of <$80 per night.

The location is good, I'm working at Andrews so it was about a 30 minute drive to and from work each day. I wouldn't recommend it if you're traveling to DC though. In my opinion you can get comparable hotels/prices closer to the city.

The room was descent, the king bed was comfy, and it was certainly quiet. Coffee was served in the lobby each morning. During my stay I did not try the small restaurant as there are plenty of well-known restaurants close by.

If the prices didn't skyrocket in the past few weeks I would stay there again until I can move into my house. Currently rates are $139+; I do not feel the quality of the hotel warrants those prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

As a literary professional I travel often to various locations. This one was very nice on the outside however once inside things change. Sadly, being out and about I wasnt able to experience all of the amenities. My first night there, someone pulled the fire alarm and the whole building was evacuated. Ive said it before and I will say it again I understand that the safety of everyone is priority. I dont debate that at all however it wasnt told to me until when I was checking out what the problem was which happened to be two situations minutes apart that caused the alarms to go off and leave us all out at 2am. Now, lets go to the food.. Why is it that there's a food area that's open for a small amount of time and happens to be the ideal times for someone to want food. Its never open and never available and when I asked for a menu, I had to go get it myself. Staff is VERY unaccomodating here. I didnt have my sheets changed the whole time I stayed here. Thankfully my room had two queen size beds. I personally handed housekeeping my towels and I asked them to come back to change the sheets. They didnt come until I was leaving to check out. Good thing there were extra towels for me to use because I would be screwed. I spoke to three people who stated that they are sorry that my stay was so horrible... while the sentiment is generous I wanted to let everyone see exactly how they treat those that patronize their establishment, especally those from out of town. Marriott has a standard to uphold and this is indeed a poor representation of the brand.

Room Tip: Find another location
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waldorf, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Hello AllisonE624,

I want to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about the quality of service you received during your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott, Waldorf. On behalf of myself and my team, I sincerely apologize. As our guest, your satisfaction and patronage are very important to me. Therefore, I appreciate being notified of any instance involving poor service so that I am able to immediately address the situation.

Hello At Courtyard by Marriott, our service teams are expected to provide top-quality and attentive service to every guest, every time. Not only is this our standard, but anything less is unacceptable. We want you to feel confident knowing that when you choose Courtyard by Marriott all of your lodging needs will be met in a timely and professional manner. I want to assure you that I have discussed your concerns with my managers and team members and reiterated the importance of taking care of our guests.

Again, I would like to thank you for bringing this situation to my attention. I want you to feel a sense of comfort when you walk into and stay at Courtyard by Marriott, regardless of the city or state. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hussein Ahmed
301-885-3333
hussein.ahmed@marriott.com
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Marriott seems to want to position Courtyard properties at the high end of their many brands. However, most Courtyards are older than their lower-priced siblings like Springhill and Fairfield and therefore aren’t as good a value as Marriott would suggest. This property is newer and better appointed than most Courtyards, and lives up to the expectation Marriott has for its higher-end properties. However, like most high-end hotels, the more you pay – the less you get comp’ed. For example, no complimentary breakfast here. We did not eat breakfast here, but the Bistro appeared to be adequate for breakfast or a light supper. They also serve Starbucks coffee. The hotel is centrally located enough that we were able to find breakfast right down the road. We had a meeting with our colleagues in the lobby. There is lots of room and plenty small conversation groups where you can talk without a lot of traffic walking by. Only stayed one night, so I didn’t use many of the amenities, but the workout room and pool looked like they were in good condition. The large stone outdoor patio with fire pit is probably a nice place to relax in good weather. The King room is arranged in an unusual way – with the headboard towards the door. But there is plenty of work space and seating room. One thing I did like is there are plenty of electrical outlets that are easy to reach. There are plugs right on the desk and above the night stands. Overall, a pleasant stay. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have to make a left onto Crain Hwy from the hotel, go around the Best Buy next door to get to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Waldorf? Share your experiences!