“Will cook to order” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Landover, Maryland
“Will cook to order”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I enjoy grilled foods and I always order grilled catfish or grilled pork chops--h-m-m-m-m-m! The sides are often heavy on the salt so you will need to request a taste if you have sodium limitations.

Visited January 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Gourmet Soul Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

If you love Soul/Southern Food check this one out. I recommend the smothered chicken. Good mac and cheese. Usually crowded, so give yourself time if you are on as schedule.

Visited March 2012
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Made me want a cigarette after eating here...and I don't even smoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I were in the area looking for Qdoba and came across this place so we kept it in the back of our heads for the next night's meal (we were staying at Andrews AFB for a medical procedure). We finally made it back to the Largo area a few days later and made it a point to check it out--the reviews looked good and the food smelled delicious.

First impressions--nice decor, a bit overcrowded (probably because the food is so awesome they need to pack in the people!)

Wait for a table--not too bad--we were told 20 minutes and it ended up being around 30 but that's fine by me. The food was definitely worth the wait.

Service--our waiter was very friendly and took great care of us. The manager came out to check on us and even engaged in a little conversation with us--not the typical "thanks for stopping by here, let me know if there is anything we can do to make your meal more enjoyable" stuff we usually get.

The food--HOLY COW! No one told me "hey Becca, don't eat for about 2 days before going because you will need the extra room in your stomach for all of the delicious goodness you will be consuming!" We had the fried okra starter which was awesome btw, not salty at all which is what we normally find! I got the fried/smother pork chops with mac & cheese and cole slaw. My husband had the smothered chicken with greens and mac & cheese. Our mains and sides were amazing. My husband had never had greens as good as he had. The real killer though was the corn bread. Even if all you get is the corn bread you could fill up pretty quickly on it! Truly a great taste to everything we had!

Oh and the value! My husband and I got 2 soft drinks, a starter, two mains, and an extra side of corn bread (hey no judging! no one told us how much food that would be!) and we were wicked impressed with the price. A family on a budget could definitely afford this place since you could EASILY share a plate!)

Bottom line--you gotta try it but bring stretchy pants and a HUGE appetite because you will need it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
skyhigh1
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was not expecting such a meal in a strip mall, but I do believe I have found Macaroni Heaven! The food was AWESOME. The greens were seasoned with smoked turkey, and before many begin to grip about how they can tell the difference between that and pork for true southern greens, let me beg to differ. I was raised on fatback and ham in my greens, and I LOVED these. Nothing needed to be seasoned. Each serving of Macaroni and Cheese was like getting the corner piece. You get a serving of cornbread with each order, but its' not enough. I actually ate my boyfriends' piece and neglected to tell him he had some in his bag.The staff was friendly and fast. The line was almost out the door when we arrived but they moved swiftly without neglecting the customer. They didn't even seem to mind when I started snapping pictures! Just wish the dining area was bigger. I will return to Largo on my next visit to DC.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“"Not Your Mamas Cooking"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If there is an award for bad food, this place will win every time. it is not southern cooking. It's not cooking at all. Sugar in everything. The waiter took our order without writing a thing down. he got three of the four orders wrong.

Visited October 2012