“Drinks and food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Drinks and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I don't recommend this place to anyone EVER!!! I'm greeted by the manager who didn't care to seat me or my party of veterans from out of town on thanksgiving break. We walk to a open table and he approaches us with an attitude. Only after my girlfriend calms the situation we order 1 ginger ale that we later find out has gratuity added on because we came after 10pm. So 1 ginger ale is $4 bucks!!! Ridiculous. Never again

Visited November 2013

hpt
“Old BET........but NEW....????”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ok, I will admit, in the last 3 months I have been here about 4 times. Typically, we go here for a short happy hour visit OR during one of the NFL/NBA games.

On this past Friday night, we opted to drop by since we had guests from out of town. I heard, the crowd would be thick after 8pm....we arrived about 915 or so. As we entered the parking lot, we had to drive around it entirely to find parking so we could be near one another. We were amped, thinking OH MY, it is packed and we are going to have a BALL!!!

Ok...........then, as we walked around to the front there were FIVE police cars parked outside. Now this image..........made me feel QUITE uneasy, yet we opted to enter. AS SOON, as we did, a male staffer had some odd looking device, and wanted to SWIPE all of our Id's.........mind you, NONE of us have "seen" our twenties in quite some time.....(but I digress). As we questioned him on WHY and HOW would the data be used......he failed to provide a forthright response. All he KEPT repeating.........was he gotta make sure it aint fake. Hmmm, well since MY drivers license.......has the dual image (front / back) AND was obtained from The Dept of Motor Vehicles.........we all have served our country and SOME in our party had RETIRED from the military...........I found his INABILITY to give a response to WHAT would be done with our data troubling.........He mentioned it was published policy.......WHERE, I saw nothing on the website indicating this or on the walls as we entered. All he said was move from in front of the door!
Wow...........I was floored...........and our party of five left. We tried to apologize to our friends from out of town.....I WILL NOT RETURN!

I miss THE OLD BET SOUNDSTAGE.......if the mgt of THIS place, cannot "weed out" its clientel any better THAN THIS......then, I see this place closing its doors soon as well. Your staff can truly make....or break UR establishment.

The drinks & SUNDAY buffet are ok.........VERY popular.........but the service, behind the bar can vary.. VARY HOW....well, women, can wait a lonnnngg time, if certain bartenders are working, yet a guy can request and it made within seconds...
Additionally, the staff AT THE DOOR............needs MUCH work. Isn't the enterance supposed to SET THE TONE of your establishment? The tone set and received, was fear and distrust......Please post ONLINE and IN PLAIN sight your NEW rules..or WHAT your establishment DOES with data gleaned.

Thanks!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Late night takeout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Son and I was in the area to attend Univ. of Maryland open house. We weren't from the area and was hesitant about exploring restaurants especially at night. I called the front desk of hotel for a recommendation/referral and received a quick response to try Jaspers. Found their menu on line and placed an order. The restaurant was less than a mile away from the hotel so we arrived a little before the time advised. I was pleasantly surprised that the food was ready for pick up without an extended wait. My son order crabcakes which he said were really good. I ordered salmon and crab explosion (i believe that's the name). I guess what threw my tastebuds off was to see the Birdseye or Green Giant vegetable pack in the middle of my to-go container. Tried to imagine the reasoning behind the lack of packaging & prep. The salmon seemed a bit overcooked and not much flavor. The crab explosion was interesting. Maybe it was just an off nite but if I ever was in the area again - I would be reluctant to try Jaspers. I would have enjoyed the flavor of a bowl of cereal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food and good servie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The service was fast, the wait staff was polite and the food was delicious. We enjoyed it quite a bit.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Awesome happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a long week of work this place was the bright highlight of a wet friday. Great drinks and service

Visited October 2013