“Worst so far” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Upper Marlboro
Boulder, Colorado
“Worst so far”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have stayed at some questionable places. We have tolerated some sub par conditions, but.... while I was checking in my wife observed numerous transactions occurring at several rooms (the check in took some time) cars would come, people would go to a room and emerge a moment later. This is at 11:30p. We were put into a "non smoking room" as we had requested online, even the huge amount of fragrance could not cover the smoke odor. Of course the smell of the "deodorizer" was pretty bad as well. Next was the black and brown stains on the pillows; what were they? This all came at a $90 per night price tag. I'm sorry, I have spent nights in $65 rooms that were better, even offer breakfast. All we need is clean and safe. I don't care if it is a bit run down, I don't even care if the wifi is not working. I just want a comfortable, clean bed without worrying if a drug deal goes bad next door and we take rounds through the window. I will choose another option next time.

Room Tip: The best rooms are at another motel, any other motel. Most of the nighttime "activity" we...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Huntingtown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just relocated to this area with two dogs, so we needed a pet-friendly hotel to stay in until we found a house. The owner was very accommodating and put us at the back of the building, close to a grassy area with a path that led out to a golf course. For the first few nights, they avoided putting anyone near us, since our dogs bark at strange noises. Soon, however, they were putting other people with dogs in the rooms adjacent to ours, which resulted in a lot of barking.

They frequently forgot to put cups in our room - to drink coffee or for brushing our teeth. And the free WiFi only worked sporadically. It made it difficult for us to do our house hunting because it frequently crashed or we couldn't even get it to work at all.

So for a short stay, this place is great. I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay, though.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, request a room in the back that gives you access to the road that runs behind the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Manlius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was traveling to the area for a dog tracking test and needed a pet-friendly room where both my dog and I could feel comfortable, and this was the perfect property. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable, and it was considerate of both me and the other guests to make sure we had an "end" room with no one next door or above or below us. Beds were very comfortable. Property had a nice path on which I could walk my dog. Grounds were well-maintained. It was an unexpected nice surprise to see danishes, coffee, juice and bananas for guests in the lobby. Price was right, too. I would stay here again any time. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My mom and I stayed here for 8 nights while in the area for a visit to Washington, DC. She found this place online after I was ready to book somewhere else and I have to say, at the time I was a bit leery. It seemed a bit off and I didn't want to get robbed or mugged on vacation but from the very minute we pulled into the parking lot, it was a wonderful experience.
-For starters, we got an amazing rate, considering the hotels IN DC are at least three times as much as here, we got a steal. They also have a small but nice selection of snacks and drinks in their lobby and the staff was so very helpful every time we needed anything, or even just had a question. (Plus, the soda machine around the corner from our room was only .75 cents for pop and bottled water!!!)
-It is right off of a very busy road so you do get some road noise but it backs up to a golf club so its not so bad. We had a room on the from so I think if you had a room on the back maybe it wouldn't be so loud, but it wasn't that bad for us.
-The check in process was quick, friendly, easy. We got assigned a first floor room not far from the office on the end of one of the wings. We had noisy neighbors the first night but then they left. We had a room that could connect to the next room so I think that made it even worse with the noise.
-Our room was great but a bit small. There was hardly any room between my bed and the wall but I suppose you have that everywhere. There is a nice window that actually opens and let in a great breeze. The air and heat worked to perfection and the office chair was a dream to sit on. The closet was HUGE and could have fit my entire wardrobe if I had chosen to bring it! The bathroom was a good size, well stocked, with a lot of counter space. Everything was very clean and cleaned well every day of our stay.
-For myself and my mother the beds were way to soft. We woke up with back aches almost daily but that is just a personal preference.
-The location is actually why I am only giving it four stars because it is about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic to Largo Town Center, a shopping center where there is also a metro to take you into DC. We ate the shopping center the first night and used the metro there on the weekends but when we went during the week it was jam packed with no spot to be found after driving around for about a half hour. We ended up driving to another station that I would say is about equal distance from the hotel but you have to get on US-50 which is very busy during the work week so it added some time to the commute but if you go before 9am there is more parking to be found at the New Carrolton station. This is the only downfall I found. I personally would prefer something a little bit closer but for the value I still think it was worth it.
-On one of our drives back from the metro, we saw Six Flags was not very far from this hotel. It would be an ideal spot if that is where you are planning on visiting.
-Overall, I would say we had a great stay. I cannot underestimate how kind, courteous and accommodating the staff was.
I would stay here again, armed with the info I learned this stay, and getting a good rate like we did this time to, without question!
I would recommend this hotel whole heartedly to anyone considering it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

After finishing a business trip in DC I took a detour to the Upper Marlboro area for some well-deserved R&R and to see relatives along the way. As my relatives were coming back from a retreat when I arrived, I set out to find a place to stay to await their return. I selected this hotel only because of its proximity to their home.
When I arrived at the inn I was somewhat disappointed at the exterior appearance of the place. Open to the street, with stunted, shrubby trees lining the parking lot, it appeared to be no more than a budget motel. Having not called ahead, I expected a slow check-in process by an irritated desk clerk.

On the contrary, check-in took a mere five minutes. A "jacuzzi room" was offered, but I instead I paid $80 and chose a single room on the ground floor, not far from the self-service laundry.
When I opened the door to my suite I was pleasantly surprised at the newness of everything. The carpet was clean, the furniture tasteful, and the lighting fixtures conveniently placed. Despite the room's tiny size, it held a certain simple elegance. The bathroom comes fully stocked, and a brand-spanking new microwave/fridge was provided.

The free WIFI was down at the time I arrived, which I was concerned about, but the manager tracked me down after half an hour (followed by a repairman holding electronic equipment), apologised and, and immediately provided a cable for wired access.

Friendly and efficient service, small yet clean spaces, and secure environment balanced against its pricing give this place good value. I wouldn't recommend anyone looking for exciting nightlife to stay in this hotel, but for a quick stop through it provides comfort at a moderate price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

One night stay for business nearby in the Annapolis area. The motel is bascially brand new with exterior access rooms only. Two floors with good lighting in the parking lot and easy access to major roads in the area. Check in was easy and staff was friendly. Rooms are clean, bedding comfortable with all working amenities. Price is competitive ($75 per night) with others in its hotel class (similar to Comfort Suites, Budget Inn, Knights Inn) type chains. No hidden charges no hidden fees. Good clean comfortable place to sleep when traveling in the area for business and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

The Executive Inn & Suites (Upper Marlbor, MD). This motel is brand new, it had only been open for 15 days when I arrived. They have 2 levels. Rooms were nice and clean, you could smell the newness smell when you opened the door. The rooms come with 2 double beds, 19 in color tv enclosed in armoir. table and chair with desk lamp. closet. Coffee maker, microwave, fridge, and hair dryer. Appliances where brand new, they hadnt even unwrapped the cords. FREE WI-FI and parking. Check in and check out was a breeze. Front desk staff very efficient & Accomodating. Ice machine and vending machines on lower level. 1.5 miles to ShowPlace Arena/PG County Equestrian Center

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!