“Thanks for all your help sleepinnmd214, General Manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9400 Marlboro Pike, 9310 Marlboro Pike, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Upper Marlboro
New Jersey
“Thanks for all your help sleepinnmd214, General Manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Below, is the email I sent to the manager over a week ago and I only received a $20.00 Credit on my room charge not to mention she could care less about what I had to say below, needless to say I hope this helps you in making your decision in choosing this hotel, for myself I will travel to the next state before staying here again!!
I have come there in the past with no problems however this trip was not pleasant at all. I brought my sons with me this trip and even though they wanted a hotel with a pool, this hotel is much closer to my father and has smoking rooms. I booked two rooms one double non smoking and one king suite smoking. Upon my arrival 11pm friday after 4hours drive, first there was no parking, then my smoking room was not book very pissed about that and was told no rooms were available. After settling in, come to find out the refrigerator was broke and my husband had to store his insulin in a ice cup. I am not sure what happened to the great service here however as a travel agent and parent, I do not plan to come back upon my next visit to my father in MD. I would rather travel much father for better accommodations. The young lady at the desk was very apologetic however this was not the service I expected the main reason we selecting your hotel was the smoking rooms and I did not receive it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brookston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very Nice and comfortable place to stay. Staff is very friendly, friendly and cordial. Rooms are nice size and they have very comfortable king size beds.. Pillows are a little softer than I prefer, but there are 4 per bed so that works. Big flat screen TVs, workstation, refrigerator and nice size wardrobe. Breakfast bar is really nice, consisting of cereal, bagels, sausage and fruit, as well as other items.. The only thing I did not care for, is the windows do not open. I prefer to crack a window to let fresh air in and my room did not offer that option. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and would return if ever back in this area..

Room Tip: Some rooms face the parking lot and others face a wooded area.. The side that faces the wooded area...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this Sleep Inn twice and had a good experience both times. The staff was friendly and helpful. I checked in with little problem and had a choice of room when I asked about a better 'non-smoking' location as my first room seemed to have a hint of 'smokiness' to it. The air cleared by the second night so I did not need to change rooms. I noted to staff that the elevator was holding the 'smokers' cigarette smell. I suggested to the staff to consider airing out the elevator periodically to eliminate this and/or to use the ionizer which tends to help. They were receptive to this idea. The facility is convenient to I95 and Andrews Air Force base (utility contractors stay here often) and is quiet-Note: on somedays/and some Sundays-there is a religious service in one of the meeting rooms and next door which you can hear in the reception area. These end early enough to not be a problem for your stay. Again, the facility is sufficient for a quick, good night's stay and a security person is 'present.' Since I am chemical sensitive, I usually don't use the soaps in hotels. I liked the soaps here as they were pretty much perfume free!

Room Tip: If you like breakfast, they have some small stip bacon in the morning. Check the hours as it varies...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sleepinnmd214, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We greatly appreciate the feedback. Any suggestions made are taken seriously and we work to make sure your next stay is better than before.

We're glad you have taken advantage of our complimentary breakfast and look forward to seeing you in the future. If you have any other suggestions or any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Monique Charles
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

While a guest at the Sleep Inn Upper Marlboro on October 1, 2012, my car was broken into; many items were stolen. Normally, I don't leave valuables in my car in hotel parking lots but this was a Perfect Storm of events. I checked in at 2 am after a long drive. I was bone-tired and just wanted to crawl into a comfy bed for a few hours sleep before starting new work. I was checked into a smoking room, my reservation was for nonsmoking. I could not stand the smoky stench and went back to the front desk to switch rooms. They had no nonsmoking room to move me to for my stay. After complaining awhile, the best the hotel could do was put me in a nonsmoking room overnight. I was told to talk to management in the morning. Due to the late hour, my exhaustion, the lack of any luggage carts to move my belongings inside, and the fact that I would just have to move everything again in a few hours, I decided to take in the minimum stuff I needed for the morning and leave everything else in the car for the few hours until morning. Bad choice.

Around 8:30 am, the front desk called me to alert me that my car had been broken into. This hotel is notorious for inadequate parking so I'd felt fortunate to find an open spot in the hotel parking lot around the back of the hotel opposite the rear exit door. An overheard light tower was 30 feet away. The parking lot was covered by video security. Sure enough, two windows were broken, $1,900 damage to my vehicle; thousands of dollars worth of business and personal belongings were stolen. The emotional toll was, and continues to be, similarly severe.

The police were called and a report was filed. That pretty much is the end of the story. No cops came back to review the security camera footage. I was not allowed to look at it. The hotel manager looked at it but said it showed nothing useful. What good is a security system if it can't show a break-in crime in progress nor identify criminals operating in the midst of video surveillance in the hotel parking lot? While irrelevant to the hotel's involvement, permit me an added rant: There was blood evidence left behind in my car, however the crime against me was not sufficiently serious to warrant the police spending any money on blood analysis to identify the perpetrator.

The location of the hotel, close to Andrews Air Force Base, is known as a higher crime area. In fact, the Sleep Inn parking lot was victimized again the very next night! Add it up yourself: inadequate security provided by the hotel, an unsafe area (especially at night), and little or no deterrence of criminal activity by police agencies. The bottom line does not include peace of mind.

The hotel itself is relatively new and while not as nice as the best Sleep Inns, it is better than many in this chain. If you stay here, park towards the front. By all means, leave nothing visible in your car, nothing!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, while visting D.C.. Not a great hotel location for Washington D.C. visit. Hotel staff is very friendly. Not the best suburban area of MD. Nothing close to hotel. I think hotels vacuums were broken. Spend extra 20 dollars for a different hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room not near ice machine. Its very loud!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sleepinnmd214, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Please know that we take your comments very seriously and continue to re-evaluate our performance based on what our guests are saying. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and sorry to hear that you did not find our location convenient to Washington DC. Please be informed that for the convenience of our guests, we are adding a free shuttle service to improve transportation to and from our quiet suburban location which is within 13 miles from The White House and 6 Miles from the Metro station. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs while visiting our area.

Monique Charles
Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Relatively new motel (I lived in this area 35 years), and I find most others in Andrews AFB area to be somewhat overpriced for the expected quality. so I trusted Tripadvisor reviews on this one. Quick check in, my request for 1st floor room was honored. Spacious well lighted parking lot. Our room was clean, comfortable, attractive w/great fragrance, Good Housekeeping. Free WiFi. Breakfast bar well stocked with standard items. Motel is a couple of miles from Interstate 95, in a secluded suburban Maryland location, unless you know the area. Cheerful, courteous desk & housekeeping staff, helpful w/info. Restaurant & mini mart next door, About 5 miles away IHOP, Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds, Walmart, Target, Old Country Buffet, etc.
NEGATIVES: we asked for service on our inoperable fridge, which was supposedly replaced, but second one was iced up like the first one. Did not keep food cold. Old TV with horrible DISH network with no ABC or Fox 5. Few channels with terrible snowy, fuzzy reception. We asked for service, but saw no change,like it was beyond their control. However, the beautiful flat screen in the breakfast room had excellent reception with all network channels. Substandard TV in a motel room for 4 nights is annoying. Also, only one luggage cart, which got lost and desk clerk had to retrieve it from higher floors. They had groups checking in & out and truly need more luggage carts, because this motel gets lots of business. People had to wait in line for others to get through using the luggage cart, or make many trips carrying your own luggage. These problems take away from this nice motel.

Room Tip: Stay away from 1st floor near the lobby/front desk. Constantly Noisy check in & check out chatte...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

My only complaint would be: they forgot to put an ice bucket in our room.. Easily fixed by going and talking to the friendly staff. It was quiet, comfortable, and an overall nice place to stay with nice size rooms. Also, Dominos delivered because we were so comfy in our rooms and didn't want to leave. I'd stay there again anytime! :))

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro? Share your experiences!