“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of North Baltimore Plaza Hotel

You added North Baltimore Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
North Baltimore Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2004 Greenspring Dr, Timonium, MD 21093-4114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel - Baltimore North)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
VA
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

The hotel itself seems to have had a renovation recently. The lobby area is HUGE! As big as some Vegas locations. The room we had was furnished nicely with king bed, typical of the Crowne Plaza locations we have stayed in. The bathroom had a low mirror that tall people might have problems using. The showerhead was a little low as well, but nice. TV was a little small that tended to truncate some of the picture. This location has wi-fi, which is nice.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lewisburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

I was there for a four-day meeting. I paid extra to be on the executive floor which is accessible only by a special elevator key. The promise is there will be no leisure groups, marching bands, guests will be cautioned to keep the volumn low on the TVs and not slam the doors. Well, there was an adult fraternity holding a convention there with a beauty pagent and guess where these folks were housed. Noise went on all night. When I complained, they took $40.00 off my room rate. I thought about that and went back to the desk and told the young lady this was not acceptable and they refunded my room rate for that night. In talking to other people at my meeting, I learned they were staying on this same floor for $31. less than what I was paying.

I had to come back the next week for a three-day meeting. I asked if there were going to be any parties the next week before I booked again. I was assured there were not. Well, guess what was there the next week - a meeting of 800 members of the Narcotics Anonymous. They, too, were housed on the excecutive floor. I had negotiated my rate down to $95. per day. They were up all night. There was no meeting room large enough to accomodate them so chairs were set up in the huge lobby and their meetings and entertainment were held here. The language was filthy. The people were loud and disrespectful. When I complained to the managment about the misbehavior, he was condesending and disrespectful to me and called me, "Dear." I'm old enough to be his grandmother. He said the hotel was supportive of NA and implied that I was not. As a former social worker, I am most certainly supportive of the organization but this hotel was not equipped to accomodate the needs of such a large group AND the needs of their other guests. He said, "They don't drink alcohol. They drink coffee and they are wired on coffee." He thought that was clever on his part.

On the plus side, the bed was wonderful. There was a CD to relax you so you could sleep and a CD player in the clock. You were provided with ear plugs and a sleep mask. Someone said that I should have known I was in trouple when I saw that on the bed.

Don't stay in a room overlooking the lobby. The noise from the lobby comes thru the windows fronting on the lobby.

• Liked — Great bed.
  • Disliked — Noise and disrespectful maanger.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

Well first off, we've stayed at this hotel year after year for the maryland horse world expo. We choose it every year because they have an indoor pool, games, a pool table and a bar right in the middle of everything making it nice. Well this year we made our reservation as before for 3 rooms with lots of teenagers, got there, the hotel is under renovation therefore, no pool, no games, no pool table. Nothing for kids or anyone else to do except the work out room which says only people over 18 are allowed in. So absolutely nothing for kids to do. Also, our room was very dirty. It had appalling hair on the ceiling. When asked for a refund, they gave us back $40. thats it! The manager was never around when we needed to talk to him or nothing. I will not go back after this terrible visit!

Stayed January 2008
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

We stayed in this hotel with a group of friends. The hotel is quite close to highway. Many pillows on bed, very spacioius room. Free internet access. Clean room with great service staff.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
dmwynne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

I stayed here for a weekend while in town to watch the Red Sox play Baltimore. I saw 2 games on Friday and Saturday. I didn't spend too much time in the hotel except to sleep but I can say the rooms were nice, clean, modern, and the bed was really comfortable. The hotel is quite large inside, has an above average pool and fitness center and also has a restaurant/bar which I did not go to.

As far as getting to the game from here the hotel it is about a 20-30 minute ride by car or light rail. It was a great alternative to the more expensive hotels in the city. You can walk (5 minutes) to the light rail station from the hotel and it drops you off right in front of the park.

• Liked — Comfy beds and ease to get to downtown Baltimore
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

I was travelling on business and decided to stay here based on the reviews I read. The property is nice for both a family and business travel. It is conveniently located adjacent to the highway and there are many local restaurant options in the area. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2007
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

The hotel was easy to get to off the highway - it's off the main road but there is a large sign directing you down the correct road. Lobby was very nice - open in the middle, where a lounge was located with pool tables and video games. Restaurant was off of that, as was the indoor pool. All were clean.

We went up to our room (2 doubles with my wife and my two kids), which was very nice. The bathroom was redone, but the shower still looked like it needed an update. A new advanced shower head was placed on the already existing plumbing which made the shower low - great for my wife, but at 6'2", I had to crouch down to wash my hair.

The beds were high - very high. This normally wouldn't have been an issue but with a two year old in one of the beds, rolling off the bed turned into an adventure.

We went to the restaurant for breakfast, where we both had the buffet. Our two year old was "charged" for the buffet (kids eat free so he was charged then the charge was discounted), which made me wonder if kids didn't eat free if they would have charged a 2 year old for a meal - something most normal places wouldn't do. The buffet itself was mediocre - plenty of bacon and sausage, but the corned beef hash was cold and the biscuits were made of stone. We went around 9 AM or so, but still when the buffet food is out there for a period of time it should be replaced. At nearly $10 a head, it wasn't worth it.

Overall, a good stay, and I'd definitely stay again. I just wouldn't have the breakfast buffet.

• Liked — Location, quality of the room, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Short shower, mediocre (at best) breakfast buffet
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to North Baltimore Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!