“Restful while visiting at GBMC” 3 of 5 stars
Review of North Baltimore Plaza Hotel

You added North Baltimore Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
North Baltimore Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2004 Greenspring Dr, Timonium, MD 21093-4114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel - Baltimore North)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Evansville, Indiana
“Restful while visiting at GBMC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Mom and I shared the room in turns while one of us was at the hospital with dad. The room was very nice. Stayed in the room facing the lobby, noise was very minimal (as much as I could tell being mentally and physically exhausted)-mom got a salad and cheese pizza from the room service. Salad was good, dressing was odd (spicy honey mustard?), the pepporoni pizza was less than desire able. I found the hospital pizza more appetizing. The crust was crunchy, the pizza body was doughy, and there was 1 pepporoni per slice. Forego the pizza, it's not worth it. In all, I would definitely stay at this hotel again, I would pass on the pizza. Will try something different later (my stay is not yet complete).

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to ask the front desk for help. Mom had a bad room key and the front desk attendant...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am happy to see you enjoyed your room. I sincerely apologize for your pizza not being up to par with the rest of the hotel. I hope your dad is recovering nicely, and we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here again on business. Service was much better than a year ago. Ate dinner & breakfast here. Very good. Still a little pricey & hotel starting to show a little wear. All in all based on reviews that Crowne Plaza is #3 of 3 hotels in Timonium I may try the Holiday Inn on my next business trip.

• Stayed May 2013
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I’m glad you were able to see some of the improvements we have made over the past year. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future as we continue to improve. Thank you.
Woodstock, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The room was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We had minor difficulty keeping connected to the Wifi and heard from other members at the convention they had similar problems with the Wifi.

Many of the rooms face inward and this makes the rooms very dark. We turned on our room's hall light when we arrived, but continued to grope in the dark trying to figure out how to light up the room. It would be helpful if the hotel put some type of night light in the inward rooms. Another option for guests is to bring a flashlight.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight with you
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for informing us of your experiences. We certainly value your input as a convention attendee.
Cashiers, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were there for a convention so it might have been a factor. Noisy!! Don't stay in the interior rooms that overlook the lobby. Bring your own pillow. FIRM with no other ones available on request. Food was so so at best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for informing us of these issues. We do everything in our power to ensure our guests have a restful night's sleep. A change in room location or more pillows will gladly be delivered to you upon request. As for our cuisine, in an effort to provide an appetizing and diverse menu, our items frequently change seasonally to meet the needs of our customers. Thank you once again for your input as we continue to make improvements.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I ate in the restaurant on the morning of my checkout. My servers name was tony and he went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied.I was actually having a bad day and tony talked with me until my food was ready. He is a breath of fresh air for my dining experience. I would definately return.

• Stayed May 2013
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
It was very kind of you to let us know about your experience with Tony in the restaurant. I’m sure it will make his day when I show him your review. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Truthfully the 2-double bed room in the hotel is decently sized and comfortable. But the overall feeling in the public areas of the hotel was that it was outdated.

Pros:
- Room decoration had a nice, comfortable, neutral, updated feel. There were nice touches including a few a large decorative mirrors, warm textured wallpaper, chic lamps, and stylish high headboards.
- The blankets and sheets were nice, soft, and felt clean without being too stiff.
- 38" wide screen flat panel TV
- Outdoor pool and well-equipped & well-lit indoor gym.
- Free hot tea & fruit-infused water in the lobby

Cons:
- The pillows were worn, flabby, and desperately needed to be replaced.
- There was gum stuck to the carpet
- The room was not wide enough to accommodate the pull-out desk and office chair.
- Poor housekeeping & front desk service. Requested additional towels from guest services which never arrived.
- The worst hotel guide/directory i have ever seen. There were no food or shopping suggestions in the neighborhood, and no information on food or pool options in the hotel.
- The sole window in the room was only 1/3 the width of the room. In other words, it was tinier than I've seen in any comparable hotel room I've stayed in, and barely let any natural light in.
- No continental breakfast or restaurant serving hot breakfast on premises.

Conclusion:
This is a good hotel for business or conferences, but definitely not for families and not for recreation or holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Your input will be valuable as we make improvements. I hope we have the opportunity to give you an amazing experience in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While the hotel itself was comfortable enough, my fourth floor room overlooking the parking lot had peeling wallpaper, scuffed furniture, and antiquated heating/cooling. Of the two narrow windows, one was totally obscured by large streaks of some white substance (bleach?) on the outside. The kicker came on checkout when I noticed an extra charge of $62 from the restaurant/bar. When I contested this, the revenue manager made me wait while she rifled through the receipts to find the error, delaying my departure and essentially accusing me of lying. I have changed the five rooms I had reserved at another Crowne Plaza property to a Hilton. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium have larger windows.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I would like to apologize for not giving you the service we are capable of. I can understand how the inconvenience of dealing with a billing error. Thank you for letting us know so improvements can be made.

Been to North Baltimore Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!