“Fit the bill for family/business mixed holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

You added Radisson Hotel North Baltimore to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2004 Greenspring Drive, Timonium, MD 21093 (Formerly North Baltimore Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
usa
“Fit the bill for family/business mixed holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here in mid-Dec. for a mixed purpose trip. Had adjoining rooms as requested, but on a lower floor facing the interstate--too much traffic noise. Sat. evening there was a very large party in the lobby--had to take a detour through the back halls of the hotel to get to our rooms. Great location in north Baltimore area, but not close to anything in the city limits. Easy access to interstate (see note above).

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors away from the interstate side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Medford NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

As a business traveler I am very select about where to stay,The staff and management are very friendly and accommodate all of your needs,most of the rooms have been recently upgraded and have a very upbeat decor I would recommend this hotel to all business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know of your positive experiences here at the Crowne Plaza Baltimore. We hope to have to pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My boyfriend booked a room at the Crowne Plaza to attend an event there and I joined him to make a fun weekend out of it. In most cities I have visited, the Crowne Plaza is considered to be a higher than average hotel so I was excited. When we were getting off the exit we both noticed that a whole side of the hotel faced the highway and hoped we wouldn't get one of those rooms. The first impression was really nice and the atrium style lobby was decorated nicely for Christmas. Check-In was fast and we asked the woman at the front desk if our room faced the highway and she said no. However, it was in fact a room facing the highway and the sound of traffic was very prominent through the window, especially the loud trucks. The room wasn't what I expected from a name like Crowne Plaza. There was aN old style wallpaper that was peeling in quite a few spots and had an ugly border around the top. The bathroom had a granite looking counter top but the tile floor and shower were obviously older. I turned the shower on to make sure the water got hot and as soon as the water hit the back of the tub a brown substance washed down into the tub and extremely grossed me out. From that point on I didn't feel sure that anywhere in the room was actually clean. We decided to have dinner at the restaurant in the hotel called Northern Lights, and the decor was nice there. The girl who seated us was also our waitress but there was also what seemed like a manager helping out. Throughout our entire dinner they both asked us the same questions as the other and didnt seem to grasp that only one of them should continue serving us. It was really annoying to get asked twice for drinks, dinner, refills and the check. Overall it wasnt the worst experience ever and no one gave us bad service, but between the dinner confusion and the seemingly old and unclean room i'd have to say our stay there was unfortunately disappointing.

Room Tip: Make sure its not facing the highway and ask for an updated room if they have any.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I checked in late and was really tired. My room was right across from the elevator but I was too tired to ask for another one. It was like being on a freeway. The doors and walls must be paper thin, because you hear every sound of the guests and hotel staff going up and down. I also could not get hot water for a shower. When I complained to the desk, they apologized, telling me they're working on an upgrade, but did nothing. Food in the restaurant was mediocre, at best. The floor was sticky near the continental breakfast. We had meeting there for about 50 participants and the staff was friendly and helpful, but the continental breakfast was old and stale. Stay someplace else!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room near the elevator. Doors are not sound-proofed!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the noises you heard during your stay with us. I understand that a quiet and peaceful room is a basic expectation of any hotel. I also appreciate your recognition of our friendly and helpful staff. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Baltimore.

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel made me sick. I am very allergic to cigarette smoke and mold, and my so called non-smoking room with cigarette burns int the carpet had both. After walking through smoke filled hallways, I talked to the less than interested clerk to verify that my room was non-smoking. He advised that it was, as every floor there is half smoking and half non-smoking. What??? Supposedly, this room came with breakfast. However, I never received my coupons after check in. Although, it would not make any difference. You don't get a hot Buffett, only the measly and worst continental breakfast ever. I suppose the owner doesn't want to spend too much money on breakfast, as it consisted of a few stale bagels, a nasty scone, brown bananas, an orange and an apple (only if you get there before 6:30 am, otherwise they run out). Even at 6:30, the Buffett was out of everything, and I couldn't get anyone to get me any cream cheese. The room on the other hand was very spacious and dirty. The duvet cover was brown instead of white. I guess they never clean those. The walls and vents contained legions of dust. Oh wait, you do get a complimentary paper, every other day on your stay. I will never visit a Crowne plaza again. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I was certainly concerned to learn you experienced so many issues as a guest at our hotel. You can rest assured that every floor is not half smoking and half non-smoking. We do have one small smoking area to accommodate our smoking guests. The rest of the hotel is completely non-smoking. Your review shows that we failed to meet our own high standards, and I am very sorry for that. Thank you for letting us know.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Upon checking in I expected a decent hotel because the rate was not cheap and the expectation of the crown plaza is nice. Front desk people appeared nice but when questioned about reassurance that our room was truly a non smoking room due to medical allergies they looked me in the eye and lied because they placed us in a room that smelled like a smoke stack...the front desk with an attitude sighed and said "still" we knew it was bad yesterday but thought it was better... Grrr, really!!! Moved us to a dumpy room with a broken light, carpet holes, hair in both beds on sheets, filthy comforters and crap in the toilet as well as toilet paper...plain gross and disgusting!!! Third trip to front desk and attitudes were flying they placed us in their last available room which was definitely decorated nicer but still dirty! Food on nightstand and hair in bathroom floor and sink...blah! Now to the beds, the pillows are made for babies and are Terrible very flat and flimsy! Mattress comfortable though! Went to get a drink and vending machine on our floor was broken! As the evening went on neighbors across the way began smoking and it poured Into our room...when the front desk was called they said it happens but if they can catch the person a fee would be assessed upon their checkout...as I explained who cares my child will end up ill as will I and there was no sympathy or a resolution!!! Do no stay at this hotel you will be disappointed and disgusted!

• Stayed November 2012
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and deeply apologize for your negative experience. There is no excuse for the room conditions you encountered and I will be sure to bring them to the attention of our housekeeping staff. We do try very hard to implement a clean air environment. Unfortunately, in this instance someone obviously broke the rules and smoked anyway. Once again, I offer my sincere apologies and hope that you will give us another chance. Please be sure to contact me directly if you decide to stay with us again.

Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had to travel for work, and this hotel was the closest so that's what I picked first. I must say the renovated rooms are great. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are nice. My only complaint about the rooms would be the shower head is a little low for me. The other different thing is that some of the rooms over look the center lobby area which is huge. Just a little different.

But what really makes staying here great is the staff. I've been fortunate and got to get Juuli at the front desk several times, she is always very helpful and energetic. Danny at the bar is a great bartender, and Margo really takes care of you on the Managers Happy Hour (out at the Tiki Bar) in the summer.

I always stay over in Baltimore for work but when I do I stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms with King Beds only have more room to walk around.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We love to see these wonderful comments! Margo, Danny, and Juuli will be so happy to know you remembered them.
We also love to welcome regular guests back, and we will look forward to seeing you soon!

David Marsh - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#23 of 61 in Baltimore
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!