“We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

You added Radisson Hotel North Baltimore to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2004 Greenspring Drive, Timonium, MD 21093 (Formerly North Baltimore Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Timonium
Ocean City, Maryland
“We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The accommodations at the hotel were exceptional, the staff was friendly, and we enjoyed ending our day at the lobby bar. Breakfast in the more was very good. We'll definitely stay there when we get back to Baltimore again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This Hotel was good for our needs. We were with a large group for a babsketball tournament. It was convenient to take the train into the Inner Harbor and to Camden Yards. We had a plumbing problem ( which can happen anyplace) and the matter was taken care of swiftly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments! We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you next time you visit Baltimore.
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in early June with a group that was in town for a youth sports tournament ($99/night). Our room was very nice -- large, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and very clean. We overlooked the expansive atrium, and from our interior window we had a view through the lobby windows of the pool and "tiki bar." The hotel was very full at the beginning of our stay, and the lobby (right below us) was EXTREMELY loud at night (the noise didn't dissipate until close to midnight, which made it tough to sleep). Toward the end of our stay, however, when most of the youth groups had departed, it was very quiet. Relative to other properties in close proximity (like the Embassy Suites) the absence of a free breakfast was disappointing (we only had breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was average, although our server was very pleasant). The hotel is right around the corner from the fairgrounds (which made it very easy for us to get back-and-forth to our events quickly), but I would price the Embassy Suites (just acrose the freeway, and very close to a variety of restaurants) as a comparison (as the pool is larger, and indoor). The Crowne Plaza's outdoor pool, while on the small side, was a lot of fun for the kids -- and the tiki bar (adjacent to the pool) was fun at night -- with a great variety of tropical beverages. The hotel is located in a relatively quiet industrial area, right off the highway, that felt safe from a parking perspective. In general, we had a good experience (other than the noise we experienced initially).

Room Tip: If the hotel is full, ask for an exterior room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments! Let me apologize for any disturbance created by young people staying in the hotel. I can assure you that we work with parents and group leaders to be sure the majority of the kids staying here are well supervised. It appears that in this case a few kids were not properly supervised by their chaperones or parents. I was glad to see things were nice and quiet after they checked-out, and you had a chance to enjoy the pool and Tiki Bar. We hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to show you a quieter visit to Baltimore. Thanks again!

David Marsh - General Manager
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I thought the Crowne Plaze in Timonium was a very nice hotel. Sure, it's not the Four Seasons, but what do you expect for $99 a night?
Check-in was quick, helpful and friendly. I had a non-smoking king room. Although the 4th floor hallway had a slight smell of stale cigarette smoke, my room was very clean and completely smoke-free. My room overlooked the parking lot, which for me was fine, because that meant it was quiet. My aunt across the hall had a room over looking the atrium, and she said it was so noisy because she could hear everything going on down there.
I took my 6 year old niece to the pool. It is small with only 15 or so lounge chairs. There were a ton of kids there and they were having a ball. It is not a pool to bring a book to and expect to relax. It is a pool that kids are going to be playing at and making lots of noise and splashing. My niece had a great time. I had a headache.
The restaurant is just okay. I had the crabcakes for dinner, which were very good, but when some of the kids in our party ordered plain pasta, the kitchen sent it out swimming in butter. We asked them to re-do it and it took 40 minutes to get a plate of plain pasta out of the kitchen! The seemed very frazzled at our request. I don't know what happened there, but the staff could have been more professional about it.
When I retired for the night, there were kids running up and down the hallways, shouting and making a lot of noise (9:45-10pm). I called the front desk and they said they would send up security. The noise stopped within 10 minutes. I thought they handled that very well (although who lets their kids run through a hotel hallway at 9:45 at night, shouting and yelling???? )
In the morning, my niece begged be to order room service breakfast. The order arrived within 20 minutes of me placing the order (exactly what they told me on the phone). The food was average, typical hotel room service food.
I have no complaints about the hotel. I was in town for a family function, and this is where everyone chose to stay. It served its function of providing us with a clean, safe, fun place to sleep, eat and relax. It is not a destination hotel by any means, but if you are in the area, on a budget, the Crowne Plaza would be an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that overlook atrium or pool-too noisy
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Me and my husband were pleased to stay here after a long drive from Ohio to see the Preakness. The second we stepped in the door we were overwhelmed with how beautiful the place was. The atrium was vast beyond measure with comfy couches and lighting for a weary traveler. The front desk checked us in and showed us the way to our room. We had a nice and spacious suite that was clean and well kept. Everything was spotless and the walls and carpet looked like new. The beds were soft and clean and the air conditioning kept us comfortable through the summer weather. Me and my husband have traveled to many hotels but this one truly shined in cleanliness of the rooms. We even chose to tip our housekeeper on the way out! She took pride in her work and was very grateful for the sentiment. All in all, this hotel was fantastic and would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

If you like rats, then you'll love this hotel. I travel every week for business, and have never in my life had a worse experience. I was bitten by a rat in the middle of the night, and the hotel staff only offered me a complimentary breakfast. I left immediately and was advised to go get a tetanus shot. The hotel has yet to issue as much as an apology. As a veteran traveler, I'd advise against staying here.

Room Tip: ask for one without rodents
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
I would like to respectfully submit that after working at this property for over 20 years I have never seen a rat anywhere on this property. This is also the first claim I have even heard of, in 20 years, about someone seeing any type of rodent in their room.

After receiving your comments, we immediately called a 3rd party pest management company to investigate. The report they gave us shows “no evidence of rodents were found”. I discussed this situation with the exterminator at length. He explained to me that it would be highly unusual for a rodent to travel to the upper floors of a building where your room was.

I mention these facts not to be contradicting, but rather to suggest that there must be some other explanation for the experience you described. Being aroused from sleep can be disorienting and confusing, and after much investigation, we have found no evidence of rodents.

Respectfully,
David Marsh – General Manager
Chincoteague Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband is currently waiting for a heart transplant at Johns Hopkins and we had attended the transplant conference they held on May 21 at this hotel. The brochure from Hopkins said the hotel was offering special room rates for attendees and that the rooms "would be released 3 weeks prior to the conference." With that in mind, we called to make reservations on April 29th. After waiting 15 minutes on hold on the reservation line, the clerk had no record of the conference and told me to hang up and call back. I did, and the next clerk transferred me to the hotel front desk. That gentleman told me the person I needed to speak to had left for the day and that I should call back the next day. The next day, this mysterious person was again not available. I called again on Monday, 5/2 and was sent to her voicemail. She did eventually call me back and told me the rooms for the conference had been released - meaning - no longer available. Apparently I misunderstood the brochure. She did not offer to accommodate us, nor did she apologize for the 4 (!!) calls I had to make to discover they could not help me. Since there are 2 other hotels within 1 minute of this one, we were happily and comfortably housed elsewhere. This experience has turned me off to this hotel and to the chain - clearly they have no concept of customer service!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
I was certainly alarmed to hear of the issue you encountered trying to make a reservation at our hotel. I have thoroughly investigated the situation you described, and it appears there was confusion about the April 29th cutoff date for reservations.

Our contract with Johns Hopkins clearly states that reservations must be made BEFORE April 29th. I am sorry if their brochure did not clearly communicate this. By the time we received your call for a reservation, we were simply sold out. That weekend was unusually busy due to the Preakness horse races.

I am sorry that we were unable to make a reservation for you in this case. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

David Marsh - General Manager

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!