“Room for improvement” 2 of 5 stars
Review of North Baltimore Plaza Hotel

You added North Baltimore Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
North Baltimore Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2004 Greenspring Dr, Timonium, MD 21093-4114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel - Baltimore North)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Alexandria, Virginia
“Room for improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I was pretty disappointed by the room. The staff was friendly enough but the room seemed dirty. The walls were scuffed up and the furniture had stains. I did have a decent room service meal, though - and the bathroom was strangely modern and nice. They really need to improve or update this hotel. It was kind of gross. Maybe it was just my room. It was especially depressing when I opened the blind to my window to discover that it overlooked the interior atrium and not the outside. Yuck. I would avoid this place until they get it together.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

We had originally planned to stay closer in to Baltimore but a week or 2 before the trip I discovered this on the Priority Club bestfares list for only 5,000 points per night, which meant that for 20,000 points we were able to stay 4 nights. And 20,000 is normally 1 night at a Crowne Plaza.

Building is a bit dated and has a strange layout. Big central area that is open all the way to the top, don't recall how many floors, somewhere between 5 and 8. And since it's a convention/event type hotel and that central area is used for big events, meaning many people, it could get noisy and the sound carried. And our room faced the central area, not the exterior of the hotel. So a couple nights, 1 when they distributed pizzas to a large number of ball players who were staying there, and another when there was some late night drunken wedding revelers, it was noisier then I would have liked. And one night, either, middle of the night or early, early morning they were setting up tables which was also noisy.

On check-in I tried to change to another room but they were totally full on the Saturday night and there were no other options. I suppose because my reservation wasn't booked very far ahead, and wasn't part of the several events (weddings, reunions, business meetings) going on that even my Priority Club Platinum status had no pull.

The room itself was pretty standard. Nothing special for this type of hotel, comfortable but not lux. The furnishings were a bit dated but still in good condition.

What turned out to be a nice surprise however was the hotel is maybe half a mile from a commuter rail station which we used a couple days to go into Baltimore when our plans and public transit meshed well. It is so nice not to have to deal with a car when you're in a urban area you don't know. Not to mention how much cheaper it is, parking close to the harbor area in Baltimore is expensive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We can't Thank your team enough!!! The Crowne Plaza in Timonium was on it!!! The Sales Manager Julia Schaffer knows her stuff!! She and her team made our wedding perfect. The Crowne Plaza was extremely accommodating from booking reservations to planning our ceremony, reception, and keeping the bar open until 2ish for our wedding to last the entire night!! We wouldn't have changed a thing. The service was phenomenal!! Everyone was more than accommadating. Most Brides & Grooms do not eat on their wedding night, not at The Crowne Plaza, the staff serves you and constantly refreshes your beverages so you don't have to leave the dance floor. Everything was set up and executed perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who helped in making our night more than perfect!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
West Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed at the hotel with a large group of Lacrosse Players. The location was superb, customer service A+. We had a large buffet dinner planned at the Hotel on one evening. Due to the length of time at the games, everyone arrived very late back at the hotel. We were served our dinner after 10:00pm, some folks did not arrive until after 11:00. This was not a problem for any of the staff. We were treated with curtosey and respect. After dinner, some folks we were a little loud. The mgmt. politely asked us to move to another location so that we did not disturb other guests. The Tiki bar and pool were great fun.
Hope to return next year!!!

• Stayed July 2010
East Granby, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Friendly front-desk service, nice lobby area with tons of seating, comfortable bedding, clean rooms, and spacious bathrooms made for an enjoyable stay. Most of the hotel is non smoking and I got no sense of smoke anywhere. The hallways are excessively noisy from what I think is air conditioning on overdrive. I had to keep the room fan blowing to mask out the noise. This was the only real negative I have to say. I was surprised that there was no gift shop (at least that I could find in the very long main lobby) considering it is a full-service hotel. Plenty of parking. My room did face the lobby but excellent darkening shades to completely block out everything. Again, it's the friendly staff that puts this into the four-star category. The staff member checking me in was so friendly, it set the tone for the entire stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I'll start with the positive, the beds are really comfortable. Their fifth floor is the "quiet floor" - which is awesome. They don't book large groups, families, children, circus animals, etc. They also had shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, lotion, mouthwash, soap and coffee. The staff was pleasant and great to interact with.

The place is generally average. The air conditioning / heater units didn't appear to be based on thermostats. They are either on and off - and they are quite loud.

While free wireless is awesome, the signal was quite weak and went in and out.

My room had a clean floor, but the bed linens had small stains on them (nothing major...) The sprinkler in the bathroom (in case of fires) had a ton of rust on it. My room also faced a freeway, and they weren't very protected for noise.

I will continue to stay there as I do business in a building nearby, but if you're not there for something that is nearby, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I travel all of the time for work and spend way too much time in hotels. There are a lot of great looking hotels out there like the Crowne Plaza in Timonium. What made this weekend stay here memorable was the exceptional hotel team there. Always smiling, always happy, eager to help .... Front Desk, Housekeeping, Restuarant staff ... everyone.

We were in town visitng friends and I come somewhat close to the area for work and I will now stay here on my monthly visits to town. Free wifi ...great restaurant, large guestrooms, and really affordable rates.

Like I said very nice hotel but the staff sets pushes them over the top!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to North Baltimore Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!