“Quiet, peaceful and a great way to "refresh"!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Black Walnut Point Inn

You added Black Walnut Point Inn to your Saves list
Black Walnut Point Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4417 Black Walnut Point Road, P. O. Box 308, Tilghman, MD 21671   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Tilghman B&B and Inns
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Quiet, peaceful and a great way to "refresh"!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I spent 3 nights (Mon-Wed) at the Inn during a much needed "me time" trip. The view is amazing and the surroundings are very peaceful......with the exception of construction that had just begun to make some much needed repairs to the stone wall surrounding the property. The house and rooms could use a bit of updating. I stayed in the attic hideaway which, while a bit small, was the perfect size for me. The breakfasts were made to order by Mrs. Virginia and Peggy and were delicious! The hosts, Tracy and Bob, were fun, down to earth gentlemen and it was a pleasure getting acquainted with them. I will definitely return, Lord willing, as my trip did wonders for my soul and it was just what I needed. A special thanks to Tracy who made it possible for me to make my trip......what a great guy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ruckersville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this location and setting of this B&B is outstanding. The views and peacefulness are wonderful. The inn however needs some updating. The house is showing it’s age and could greatly use a face lift. While the pool is in good shape, my wife and I had hoped to use the hot tub. It was not available and appeared to also to be in need of repair. The breakfast were nothing more than ordinary. For what we were paying I would have expected that a refresh of our room would be standard but we were questioned on if we needed the room to be refreshed, and if we wanted clean towels. The last point I would make is that while Bob and Tracy seem like fine individuals but the most we interacted with them was during check-in and check-out.

Galena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bob and Tracy were friendly and gracious hosts. They made us feel very welcome. The cabin was clean and comfortable. The Inn has water access for kayaks, which we could not find anywhere else on Tilghman Island without a hefty price. We also enjoyed the pool and the quiet surroundings. The landscape is beautiful and natural. Breakfast was delicious and we were provided with many options. Although pricey, I highly recommend the Black Walnut Point Inn.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great place, great views, great owners, and I can't wait to go back. This was my second stay and had a great time. I was able to fish and caught many different kids if fish and a couple of stingrays as well. The birds are everywhere from blue herons, ospreys, and eagles.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins, so peaceful, fantastic water views. Bob and Tracy are great hosts. Located on a bird sanctuary at the tip of a peninsula between the Choptank River and the Chesapeake Bay, property is leased from the state of MD. If you want extreme privacy at 'the end of the world', go and stay here. Breakfast was plentiful, all you want of small egg soufles, fruit salad, cereals and waffles. This is not a fancy B&B, it's just totally homey.,

Room Tip: Try the cabin, a bit pricey but a great experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The southern tip of Tilghman island is where the Choptank River meets the Chesapeake Bay. Black Walnut Point is here, in a bird sanctuary. We saw four Bald Eagles, and there are Osprey nesting there. Also, lots of really cute baby barn swallows in nests. A storm rolled in, which we watched from the screened in porch. In the beginning of the storm, a a rainbow on the front of a huge thunderhead rolled across a sunny sky, down the river, into the Bay. Bob and Tracey, the innkeepers, are the nicest people ever. The next day, we had a lovely morning in the lovely pool, shaded by big old trees. The guests were interesting and not intrusive. Apparently, there's excellent fishing there too. This place is really special. Go.

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I wanted a few days away ad never been to the Eastern Shore. I picked the Black Walnut Point inn after I saw the photo of the property from the air. It was exactly what we were looking for. It was so private and relaxing. We felt like we were on our own private estate.

Bob and Tracy went out of their way to make us comfortable and welcome. I have very specific dietary needs and they had special food just for me. They make great mint tea which is available all day long.

It was really hot the days we were there and it was so nice and cool in the house. Made it great to sleep. The pool was wonderful also.

We would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: I think the detached cabins would be great too.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Black Walnut Point Inn? Share your experiences!