“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Taneytown B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in the Loft. It was really nice. Beautiful comfy hammock outside next to a creek. The bed was sooo comfortable. I loved the tea they brought down to me in the morning and the littlechocolates at night. I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Crozet, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Staff very pleasant and helpful. The grounds/rooms were immaculate! Dinner and breakfast in their restaurant were tops! What a great place to unwind and be pampered! The nightly turndown service ( with fresh flowers and chocolates) was a special touch. The breakfast tray with muffins, fresh fruit and coffee arrived outside the room giving us a head start on the bigger breakfast. We will visit again!

• Stayed May 2013
Churchton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This time we stayed in the Sleigh room, and are already making plans to be in this gorgeous room in the summer. It's in a little cottage away from the main house, and has a little stream that runs out the back, with a private deck and porch furniture. The room is beautiful and has a working fireplace and steam shower. You can't beat the breakfasts (you get two) and the food at dinner is always inventive and beautifully done, impeccably served. They have a for-real wine list, too, and nicely priced (from the gust perspective). The pre-dinner appetizers this time we scrumptious -- parmesan-salmon tarts and an awesome seared tuna. Both alone are reason to go back. The staff will make you want to stay an extra day.

Room Tip: Decide if you want to be in the mansion, or an out-building. You can read about the features of the...
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I just finished a two-night stay at Antrim 1844. We were there during the week when schools were closed for spring break. They offered a voucher through Living Social for the off-season (it expired 3/31).
I wanted to stay in the mansion, since the weather was not yet very warm. We had the Boyd room, on the second floor of the Mansion. The room was lovely and was well laid out and equipped. On the website, the wallpaper looks a bit overdone, but we found the room to be attractive, due in part to the very high ceilings and two huge windows overlooking the gardens. There is a wood-burning fireplace, which we enjoyed. There is a huge maple bed with a pineapple finial, a writing desk, two cozy chairs, and a closet/wardrobe. The lighting is all from desk or table lamps (this was the one suggestion we had for an upgrade; the lighting was a bit dim in the evening for reading). The rooms in the mansion do not have phones or TV's, as some of the other rooms in other buildings do. The windows have shutters that are very cool and also very effective in keeping the room snug at night. The bathroom in the Boyd room is adequate. It contains one of several antique claw-footed bathtubs on the property, with a shower. The shower is interesting but it takes a little getting used to, and it would not work well for someone who was not nimble enough to climb in and out. They provide nice bathrobes and other amenities. There was wireless internet in the Mansion.
Each morning, coffee, muffins and fruit arrive around 8:00 on a tray left right outside the door. From 8:30 - 10:00, they serve a nice breakfast in the Smokehouse restaurant. Breakfast choices included a fruit bowl, granola with milk, or a full country breakfast. The full breakfast was a huge serving: scrambled eggs, bacon or ham, a yummy potato casserole, and a belgian waffle or french toast. The tables are set with orange juice in goblets and they bring around croissants and coffee.
Antrim also serves afternoon tea at 4:00, with a nice variety of teas and both sweet and savory treats.
We also chose to eat dinner at the restaurant one evening. It is a prix fixe menu ($69.00 per person) with six courses. Prior to dinner, they serve cocktails and hors d'oevres in the drawing rooms. When it is time for dinner, you start with an amuse bouche (a tasty mini-appetizer), followed by a soup or other appetizer (I had a duck terrine; my husband had a very tasty soup, a mussels veloute). They serve a salad and intermezzo, and then the main course (there were about six choices). My husband had filet of beef and I enjoyed salmon. The service is extremely smooth and attentive, although the pace of the meal is leisurely. We were there about a hour and 45 minutes for the whole dinner experience.
The grounds of the property are lovely, even though not much was yet in bloom. There are a few small shops in Taneytown but not much to do in town. It is not far to Gettysburg. This time, we drove to New Oxford PA to visit more antique shops, also to Hanover PA & Westminster MD.
The entire visit was lovely and the level of service is impeccable. My husband did not even notice the absence of the television. We would recommend Antrim to couples looking for a nice retreat.

Room Tip: Rooms in the mansion are lovely, but for those who prefer more modern amenities, you should read the...
Roselle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for a nice weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary and I couldn't have asked for a better place! The room itself could have been better. We were under the impression that the jacuzzi would have a hand held shower but it was broken when we got there and the check in guy said it broke a while ago. I think they should update there room information or they should have told us when we booked the room. We said no to other rooms because of the jacuzzi and the option of a hand held. We had to use the water cups to clean ourselves. Not ideal and pretty slow. Other than that, the mansion decor was beautiful!! The free breakfast tray and continental breakfast was very nice and had lots of options. Food at the restaurant was amazing!!! The bartender really made the experience. We spent four hours drinking and laughing with him. Mike really made the place shine and made us feel special. The beds were comfy and they left chocolate and a rose after every bed turn. I can't wait to visit again next year! There is not much to do around town but if you wanted to just have some peace and quiet than this is the place!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Top notch. 5 stars. Not one complaint. From the ambiance to the impeccable service to the delicious food n wine offerings everything was superb. My husband surprised me with a getaway weekend for my birthday. Was a wonderful way to welcome another year.

• Stayed February 2013
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I took an ex-girlfriend here for one of their promotion packages. The room was nice, nothing too modern or elegant, but nice. It was decorated in an old world style that seniors may enjoy more than me (I'm in my 20's). I love to eat out and was very excited about the meal that we were going to have at Antrim's renowned dining table.

It was OK. Just OK. I remember one dish I had a year later and I only remember it because it was a poor dish - some kind of slushie made with chablis that tasted very bland and was not good tasting. I'm sure the restaurant can shine but on this promotional weekend, it didn't. Hard to recommend to friends.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!