“Road Warrior Ready” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Takoma Park

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Takoma Park to your Saves list
Quality Inn Takoma Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7411 New Hampshire Avenue Bldg. 1, Takoma Park, MD 20912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Takoma Park
Washington, DC
“Road Warrior Ready”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

Paid $60 ($68.10 with tax) for one night through hotels. Almost impossible to find anything in DC below $100 so this was a good deal.

This is an average hotel. It is not the Westin Bonaventure in LA. But it is more than adequate for the road warrior passing through for one night. Typical 70's motel build, but interiors updated recently.

Room was clean. Bed was OK. Bathroom was small, but toilet worked and shower provided hot water. Heater worked. Only complaint, no hangers or anyplace to hang clothes!

24hr IHOP in parking lot, a plus! Lobby was clean. Staff was pleasant.

Not where I would stay for a vacation, but certainly would book it again at $60 passing traveling through the DC area.

• Stayed February 2006

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2005

I booked my hotel room in advance since I was travelling from out of town. When I made the reservation I was quoted one price, and when I arrived, I was charged a higher price. There was no manager present and I had traveled for 6 hours with my family including small children; so I took the room in hopes of settling with the manager in the morning, which is when I was told that the manager would arrive. By the time management arrived at the hotel, it was three days later and the manager was just as ignorant and rude as her staff. The room doors did not lock correctly, you had to play with them in order to get them to lock. The bathrooms were so small that when ever you open the door, it would get stuck on the toilet, on the soda machine, the signs were handmade (mountain dew, coke etc), and the signs didn't match up with the sodas; if you push sunkist, you might get a ginger ale for example. The neighborhood appears to be unsafe, the carpets were dirty, I could go on for hours. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a terrible experience.

Stayed May 2005

Travelers are raving about these Takoma Park hotels

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2004

Stayed at the Quality Inn Takoma Park on June 25th for one night. The hotel was decent and I would stay there again. The room was clean and comfortable average motel room, bathroom (toilet bowl & tub, sink outside) could be a little bigger. Did not make it to breakfast, but there is a IHOP in the same complex that was okay. Area seemed okay, was a little concerned as we arrived at night and there was strange characters hanging in the lobby, but we were not bothered and would have stayed another night but hotel was sold out.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2003

The hotel is in what looked like one of the worse areas of DC/ Maryland. Regardless I thought I could make a go at it. After being received uncourteously by the front desk clerk, i gave my credit card to book the room since I had no place else to stay. My roommate and I were then shocked by a racial comment made by this person. Shortly after, while we were waiting by our car, he proceeeded to continue to make snide comments and after I questioned him about his comments and told him that is service was unprofessional, he screamed for me to SHUT UP and to get the F**K off of this property and continued again to use profanity.I was totally mortified since no other time when I've stayed at a Quality Inn have i ever been treated like that. DON'T EVER GO THERE! Its not safe and it seems that even the management is scary. The hotel staff sucked!

Been to Quality Inn Takoma Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Takoma Park

Location: United States > Maryland > Takoma Park
Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Takoma Park
Hotel Class:2 star — Quality Inn Takoma Park 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn Takoma Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Quality Inn Takoma Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.