“A mistake to stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Takoma Park

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Takoma Park to your Saves list
Quality Inn Takoma Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7411 New Hampshire Avenue Bldg. 1, Takoma Park, MD 20912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Takoma Park
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A mistake to stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked through Choice Hotels and because of this location, will not book through them again. I cannot believe they would recommend this place. It not clean; there were multiple cigarette burn holes in one of the bedspreads - in what was supposed to be a non-smoking room; we arrived to a half used roll of toilet paper; the hair dryer didn't work. They had everything wired down so it couldn't be stolen and a sign listing prices if anything was taken. That spoke volumes about their regular clientele and caused us to doubt our safety. It was ironic that they had no problem providing a damaged bedspread and faulty hair dryer, but had a suspicious and threatening sign in the room! We were unable to get another place to stay, so locked ourselves in and hoped for the best. The second night our room, during the night, our room was filled with the smell of marijuana. They advertised that they were close to the Metro... but the closest metro station had restricted parking hours so it was useless for sightseeing in Washington DC. We ended up driving for 40 minutes in rush hour --- and really wish we had stayed in that area as well. It was an inexpensive stay, but not worth it at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When: July 7- 16, 2013

Price: Received their weekly rate which was the best price for the area including all of Silver Spring. Daughter told me that I could have gotten better accommodations for my money at kayak.com or hotwire,com.

Amenities: In the room is a microfridge combo, iron and board, safe, mini coffee maker and supplies, alarm clock, phone, desk and chair, flat screen TV with a variety of channels including HBO, showtime. DirectTV went out during the thunderstorm but came back on when it was over.

Parking: Is ample and free. Downtown Silver Spring hotels you have to pay for parking which was a definite deal breaker for me. I left my car door unlocked a couple of nights and nothing was stolen.

Food: Quality Inn continential breakfast was OK for a quick bite. I chose to partake in coffee, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and bacon. Boiled eggs, bread and pastries are also offered. There is a IHOP next door which I visited several times. The IHOP cook is better in the morning and the wait was average. Langley park which is walking distance on a nice day offers fast food places to chose from. You can also get delivery.

Rooms: I stayed in two rooms by the ice/vending machines on the bottom floor which was convenient for me. I moved to the handicap room so I can have a handheld shower as I am acustom to at home. The bed and linen were soso but the pillows were too small and too soft for my liking. I brought my own pillow from home after the first night. In both rooms were dead/dying water beds, ants if you accidentially missed the trash can with food, and these brown flying bugs that enter the room and stay in the when you open the door. They blend in with the dirty carpet. I almost took a water bug home with me that was hiding in one of my cloth dept bags. Hotel needs to continuingly check and exterminate for bugs. This is unacceptable.

Service: Atleast once every other day, I had to go office for them to reprogram my room key which was ignoring. Housekeeping was good at cleaning the room every day including changing the linen and towels.

Location: Convenient for work, family and friends visiting my home. Depending on their needs and pocketbook, they may stay here or a better hotel in Silver Spring that is not as close.

Misc: I didn't try the wifi, pool and I don't know if they have a fitness center.

In the future, I will be checking out kayak.com and hotwire.com for a better hotel for my money. Glad it was time to check-out for I couldn't stay another day with the dead/dying bugs.

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom floor for best access to your car. Don't be late to the continential breakfa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

There were so many things not right that it is hard to know where to begin this review. I selected this property because we were helping a friend to move and needed an inexpensive place whose parking lot could accommodate a large moving truck. When I called to book the reservation, I requested two rooms on a specific weekend. The reservation confirmation came back for one room on the wrong date, requiring two more calls before they got it right. When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was very pleasant--the one shining spot in this otherwise disturbing experience. Our rooms looked okay at first glance; however, their shabbiness quickly became apparent as we attempted to settle in for the night. The doors and their frames were alarmingly flimsy--one of them was torqued at the bottom, leaving a sizable gap, and the other bent inward with the slightest pressure at the center. The desk in our room was literally propped in place on broken legs/joints, and the luggage rack canted sharply to one side, too. The bathroom door would not close, the bedding had holes in it, the television reception and quality were terrible, the plug for the clock radio was exposed to the bedsheets (major fire hazard), and there were unidentifiable bugs climbing on the headboard. Need I go on? Thank heavens I had brought enough Ambien to get us through the night. Simply stated, there is no "quality" at this "inn"--avoid it unless you are truly desperate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Branford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am not someone that needs plush and posh to be happy. In this case, what I needed was a good sleep ahead of a family wedding for me and my family. The room was one that definitely qualified as one where you immediately "remove the bedspread," and without being too gross, the weird looking spots on the underside of the picture over our bed proved it (check the photo and decide for yourself). Unfortunately, when it's 2am and you've been driving all night, you suck it up...put your suitcase on top of something (DEFINITELY not on the floor), and hope for the best. The bed itself wasn't horrible, but the nursing home stench of the front lobby was. And the purported $25 dollar charge to replace the sad, lumpy pillows people allegedly take? Laughable. I will give them credit for the shower not being awful, but the broken tiles and bathroom door that had been installed upside down take some extra points away.

Room Tip: Find another hotel - you'll feel better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The whole experience was horrible! We were scheduled for two nights, but we checked out as early as we could after the first night! Ate breakfast at IHOP because the breakfast area was disgusting. A number of issues arose during our stay, the shower flooded and the maintenance man had no clue how to use a mop. I finally cleaned the floor with towels! The wifi did not work ~ we spent 45 minutes on the the phone with the internet provider who indicated the staff was aware there was a problem, plugged in the charger and the outlet sparked! I basically slept with one eye open. I just could not recommend this hotel to anyone at all and frankly, I'm surprised it qualifies as a choicehotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We needed a place to stay on the outskirts of Washington at a reasonable price and this fitted the bill perfectly. It was very easy to get the bus from opposite the motel and connect to the subways to see all the sights and museums downtown. There deals a free breakfast included and also an outdoor pool which ws a nice bonus to cool down in the very hot weather after a long journey or a busy day sightseeing. The reception staff were very helpful and printed directions for us each day as we did not have a laptop or sat nav with us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
In The South
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I originally stayed at this venue around May 1, 2012.

Mildly seedy hotel in the seedy part of town. For the quality of the hotel, the price was rather steep {$80.00ish a night}. When this was closer to a $30.00-$40.00 place.
Check In was painfully slow, but without problems. Room key card was a tad needed repeat visits to the front desk. Appointed room was decent quality with no complaints. Everything seemed clean. Cable reception was craptactular. But the WIFI worked without hassle. Room also contained a mini fridge/microwave. Overall appearance was a bit run down looking, but only fruited minor "questionable" activity. Breakfast was mediocre for a hotel. This happened to be the "cheapest", yet closest hotel to Silver Spring. That had a a rating higher than * but less than ***.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Takoma Park? Share your experiences!