“OK if desperate” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Takoma Park

You added Quality Inn Takoma Park to your Saves list
Quality Inn Takoma Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7411 New Hampshire Avenue Bldg. 1, Takoma Park, MD 20912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Takoma Park
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“OK if desperate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The rooms were untidy and with old worn out furnishings. The TV did not work and the early call did not happen. Stayed there as it was convenient to my son. I lost my camera there, it was taken whilst we were out of the room and though we reported the theft the Manager she said she would look into it but never came back to us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was hesitant about staying here due to the poor reviews. But I just needed a place to crash in the DC area. This was an affordable alternative. Definitely not a resort hotel. The doors open to the outside, so safety would be a concern, normally. I arrived late, 11pm, and left early the next morning.

It was clean and about what I expected for a $75.00 room in the DC area.

If you need a cheap, clean place for a night, I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Arrived in the late afternoon with some questionable activity going on in the back of the building, but otherwise quiet. While the check-in process was not speedy, there were no problems. The room was one of the renovated and was fairly clean with a microwave oven and refrigerator. There was also hard-wired internet access. Cable reception was terrible however. Cosmetic issues consist of a few minor repair areas such as poorly-plastered holes in the ceiling and running paint on the wall. Shower pressure was acceptable, but hot water was barely hot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New Caney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

upon check in, the cable did not work, had to call a maintance person every day to fix the cable. I travel for work and bring helpers with me, we always split rooms, and every hotel accomodates this at check out and splits our costs on two different credit cards. This hotel acted like they couldn't do that, either they were poorly trained, or lazy, I wasn't sure. never had this problem before. Not a quiet place to stay. Breakfast only consisted of danishes and cold coffee. Would really not recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hillsboro, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I initially had reservations at the EconoLodge that shares the same property as this Quality Inn but was asked if I wanted an upgrade at another hotel while checking in. I thought it was a suggestive sales question so declined. The clerk looked surprized when I declined. I explained that I did not want to drive around DC anymore looking for the hotel. She explained that the hotel was on the same lot and that the price would be the same. My husband then immediately agreed to change sites as he had noticed that the EconoLodge rooms were open with old furniture and pulled up carpet just outside of several of the rooms. (bed bugs or just remodeling...not sure)
When we checked in to this hotel, I asked for a late checkout 1 hour later at 1pm. I offered to pay extra if needed but told that there would be no problem since I was a "Choice" member. The room was clean and the bathroom facilities, refrigerator and hair dryer worked well. There was enough parking and it was free. It was noisey all night with car alarms going off, slamming doors, and children playing loudly in the walkway in front of our room late into the night. I usually sleep well despite noise but not here...even with the room fan on to try to drown out the outside sounds. I left early in the morning to do a half marathon, leaving my husband to sleep late. I was to be back by 1230 to shower and change from my marathon gear in preparation for a late night flight back home. After my race and upon returning to my room, my husband had been kicked out of the room at 1200 after being disturbed 3 times since 1100 even with the "do not disturb" sign on the door. I found him sitting on the curb outside the hotel with our luggage in the hot sun waiting for me. I spoke to the clerk at the front desk about the late check out request being approved the day before and all he could say was that he had to have the rooms cleaned for patrons coming in that day and that he would leave a note for the evening manager. A lot of good that did for my full bladder and sweaty marathon body and clothes! So much for being a "Choice" member, let alone a paying customer. Good luck to anyone choicing this place to stay! They will not get my business again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The rooms are a decent size and we couldnt fault the cleanliness. Service was a bit lacking though, nobody made much effort to speak to us and we felt awkward asking for anything as though it was a chore for them. We were only there one night and, after three long days running around new york and washington, wanted a bit of a lie in before we checked out. We ended up coming down for breakfast at about 10 to 9, understanding breakfast to finish at 9. What we didnt realise was that they would start taking the food away at 9, regardless of whether people were still waiting iin line to get some! There was also no milk for the cereal and no pancake mix, so the only choice was muffin. When people asked for food they were just told 'breakfast finishes at 9'. There was also not enough tables for people to sit down. So, as long as you arent expecting too much from breakfast, this hotel is a good budget option!

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The only good thing about this place was the $100 price. The rooms were bad place was tiny. By far worst Quality Inn I've ever stayed at and I usually LOVE Quality Inn. But the worst was the service! The Guy was a freaking idiot. Our room key didn't work, and I had to wait until the next Guy started his shift at midnight to get a rollaway because he couldn't find the key to the housekeeping room! AVOID IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT

• Stayed June 2011
Hampton Inn Silver Spring
Hampton Inn Silver Spring
#5 of 12 in Silver Spring
4.0 of 5 stars 408 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Takoma Park? Share your experiences!