“Panties Fell Out Of My Covers” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Takoma Park

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Takoma Park to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Takoma Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7411 New Hampshire Avenue, Bldg. 2, Takoma Park, MD 20912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Takoma Park
traveler
“Panties Fell Out Of My Covers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

IM NOT GOING TO GET TOO INTO DETAILED BECAUSE MY COMPUTE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF BUT ALL THE REVIEWS BELOW ARE TRUE

""IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE HOTEL ENTRAPMENT BOOK HERE FAST LOL""
this hotel is not worth more than 50 dollars

disgusting food everywhere in hall ways after i told the front desk hekicked to the corner

the next morning after i woke up i pulled the covers back and someones undies fell to the floor

the hotel is nasty and hazardous

a couple dayswent by i had i2 itchy bumps on both of my elbows both arms the exact spoti guess something i leaned on

now i am here once again hoping for a better room but not at all and they wont even give a refund i was not in room for 5 minutes

DONT VISIT THIS HOTEL TRUST ME AND ALL THE OTHER REVIEWS

• Liked — i hop across the street
  • Disliked — everything to do with the hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Takoma Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night because our electricity went out in our home. We rented a jacuzzi suite which from the title we thought was going to be a decent room. This was the worst night I have ever had in a hotel/motel in my life. The bed was dirty, the pillows were dirty, and the jacuzzi only half worked. When we told the front desk they said they didn't have any more pillows or rooms left. So we asked for our money back. We couldn't get that. We asked for the return policy, they didn't have one. We asked for the manager which the cleark called, the manager gave him no direction and told the clerk to not call him back. The clerk said the manager would be there in the morning. We stayed the one night and when we checked out the manager was not there. We were told to come back or call later. Well, I called the manager and well he was no better help at all. If you stay here, you will be risking your own health an well-being because what ever we could see with our eyes as far as the dirt and dingyness, I'm sure there were much worst things lying around that we could not see. I did take photos I will be adding them later.

• Liked — I liked that is was right down the street from my home and has a pool.
  • Disliked — Staff (Clerks & Manager), Room, Jacuzzi, Bed
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

Well, we got to the hotel and there were a lot of people outside of the hotel. When we got in our room, the sheets were worn out with stains on them. One of them had something on it..who knows what it was. Also, one of the blankets had a cigarette burn in it. When we walked in the bathroom, there were 3 hairs in the tub, a hair on the sink, and one on the floor. It was disgusting. We went to turn on the t.v., but the remote did not work, and none of the ice machines worked. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

I stayed just for a one night but wasn't pleasant at all. There is a lot of starange people around hotel. Next I couldn't sleep couse awful noise of large group of people outside woke me up at 4 am. And last but least accidently I fogot one of my things at room and even I asked a the same day, it couldn't be found. I don't get it, shouldn't hotel care about that at least a lil bit. I didn't asked about that week after but right away- WHERE did that go? I should say that really upset be, that lost thing was a precious gift for me. I don't recomend staying at that hotel to anyone- especially families with kids.

• Liked — nothin
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

I found highly irritant dusts/aerosols in (3) three Rooms and grafitti in one of them. Manager just brushed off my concerns of atypical (not related to cleaning) aerosols. I am a scientist in Nanotechnology - these aerosols ARE harmful for frequent guests AND, especially, the cleaning crew.

Stayed January 2007
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

It is located in a busy neighboorhood, which makes sense if people are walking around. Our room was on the first floor. The bathroom was small but very clean as well as the rest of the room. I checked the bedding and mattresses and they were clean. The pillows were small though. The carpet looked clean, I wouldn't know if it was dirty enough to make socks grey, I always wear footwear at hotels, even if it is 5 stars. The breakfast selection was as you can expect: bagels, pastries, cereal, juice, milk. We prepared coffee in the room. We already booked a couple of nights again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

Our family of 5, along with two other families, checked into three rooms late on a rainy evening. Going up to the second floor, the stairs were old and the outside hall dimly lit. The room was old, the bathroom extremely small, there were burn marks on the bathtub which should have been our first clue not to stay there. In the morning we found on top of the bathroom light subtances and items left by a previous guest. Our socks, which had been white or pink, had changed to a dirty grey/black. Beer bottle tops were found under the bed. After taking pictures of the room and such, we reported directly to the front desk and manager, who were completely uncooperative and unfazed by what we had found. We were offered a 5% discount on our room. Reporting to the General Manager upon our return home, we received a letter offering a 30% discount on our next stay. We will never step within 10 miles of this place again. Upon calling the General Manager and trying to resvolve our situation, I insisted on a refund. I stated that I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Montgomery Health Department. He said "you can do what you want", then hung up on me!

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Econo Lodge Takoma Park? Share your experiences!