“Got sent to their to the hotel that shares the same lot?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Takoma Park

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Takoma Park to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Takoma Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7411 New Hampshire Avenue, Bldg. 2, Takoma Park, MD 20912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Takoma Park
Hillsboro, Ohio
“Got sent to their to the hotel that shares the same lot?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I had made reservations 4 months plus ago to stay here for a half marathon. When my husband and I presented at the checkin window, no one was there and we waited for several minutes. I even called the hotel while standing there and got caught in the voicemail loop since no one would pickup. Finally, the clerk came to the desk and asked me if I wanted a room upgrade. I thought it was a suggestive sale comment so declined. She looked surprized that I did not accept her offer. I explained that I was tired and just wanted to checkin, not wanting to drive all over DC looking for another hotel. She then clarified that the upgrade was free and that the hotel (Quality Inn) was on the same property and shared the same parking lot. My husband had noticed that several of the EconoLodge rooms were opened with shabby furniture and ripped up carpet just outside them. (Bed bugs or just remodeling...not sure?) He quickly agreed to the upgrade so we ended up not staying there. Other issues with Quality Inn in Takoma Park but at least the bed and linens seemed clean and bug-free.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I used Choice hotels online system to book what I thought was Econo Lodge Metro (Arlington), but accidentally hit the button for Econo Lodge Takoma Park. The mistake was only discovered when we turned up at the Econo Lodge Metro on the appointed evening. The Econo Lodge Metro was very kind and gave us a good rate. We called Takoma Park Econo Lodge immediately (7pm), the next morning, and 4 more times during the next week to explain the accidental booking and to ask for a refund. No-one we talked to was able or willing to help us. We were never able to talk to the general manager (either “not there” or “in a meeting”), and although we were told several times that that the general manager would call us back, he never did. Given that this booking was an accident, and Takoma Park was aware of this early in the evening, we hoped that they might refund our money, but clearly that is not their mode of operation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

There were prostitudes outside my hotel room knocking! When they left, I realized there were flying bugs flying everywhere! They were small, but there were so many! I would have opened the window, but there were bums fighting outside and I was SCARED! When I woke up, two used condoms fell out of the mattress. The bathroom was a whole different story I went to take a shower and there were hairs everywhere when I went to get out I grabbed a towel that was covered in brown stains and urine this was so disgusting I had to blow dry myself took I was dry. When I walked outside to grab something fro. My car there people breaking into, they ran away and went into the car I saw yet another used condom this was the worst hotels ever I left the next morning and Never going to return. Also I asked for my money back and the managèr told me to hit the road. How rude!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here and sleep on the street. A much better room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My room had to be switched 3 times, because room was very cold, and heater was not working. Staff could have been more customer friendly. Did not have microwave or refrigerator in room. I traveled 5 hrs to visit friends and to have a great time only to be disappointed by the hotel. The only great thing about this situation was that the IHOP and the Carribean Market were very close by. You guys either need to get it together, or shut down. Will not suggest your hotel to any of my friends. SORRY ~!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

when I made my reservation with choicehotels, this hotel sounded like it was good especially for families. I was so disappointed- the reception area looks ok but the room was bad- bathtub filthy- I had to clean it myself so we can use it, we can hear peoples voices from the bathroom vent, leaky taps, uncleaned floors, l couldn't use plugs to charge our batteries for camera, the coffee machine in the room won't work where it was so I had to unplugged it and moved it to the bathroom counter so we can make some coffee. Bad pillows- too old and chunky. Breakfast was served in the lobby area- not much of a choice- some old muffin (tiny ones), a bit of cereal, old bagel and oranges served in a basket with fruit flies circling around. I informed the lady at the reception since she was also standing beside us choosing what to eat for breakfast. I showed her the oranges that are rotten and the fruit flies- she looked at them and walked away. Nothing was done to it. It was so disgusting to be offered by a hotel some kind of stale and rotten food for breakfast!!! Please do not include breakfast as complimentary because no one can eat them anyways!!!
Thank goodness we only had to stay for a night, otherwise it could had been a nightmare for us.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

DO NOT stay here unless you are into prostitution or smoking crack! What a dump! Pillow cases were covered with nasty oily stains, the tub had burn marks all over it, bedspread was covered with hair. Spent an anxious night worrying about the safety of our car and listening to the 'ho' downstairs turning her tricks. Spotted empty crack bags in the stairwell as we were running for our car to escape! Should have realized this place was no good when the front desk person was standing behind a bulletproof shield!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel because of its price. When I woke up in the morning I discovered my car had been broken into. Not only did they stole my radio and my GPS, but they also wrecked the car completely. They broke the windshield and one of the headlights. They even peed on my documents.The staff was completely indifferent to my situation. This place should not be in business.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — My car was vandalized
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Takoma Park? Share your experiences!